37-9 Boss

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Rayango, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Rayango

Rayango New Member

The party that I'm using is:

Bahl (65/65/90) (Companion: Bow of Genji)
    Gatz ^ (90) (Companion: Skull Splitter)
    Amina (65/65/90) (Companion: Samantha)
    Korin (65/65/90) (Companion: Healing Rod)
    Ka'pori (65/65/90) (Companion: Skull Splitter)
    Ma'curi (65/65/90) (Companion: Skull Splitter)

I've never really had trouble with the story material until now, and I get wrecked by the Gravity magic and Gravitonball. Any advice or tips to help me beat this boss?

2. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Recode Palpa for a second tapper and replace Ka'pori with Palpa^. You can also recode Bahl for even more DPS and survivability, but a second tapper will give you a bigger boost if you only recode one character.

Alternatively, you could try grinding out Holy Dragon Zs and use strong magic characters, but recoding Palpa is probably a much faster option.

Rayango likes this.
  3. Rayango

Rayango New Member

4. Havok

Havok New Member

I struggled against this boss on the first try as well but it is possible to beat it with your team. The boss follows a pattern and you have to make sure you dodge the attacks.

The pattern switches between Area (1) attack first to Ring attack then back to Area (1) attack. The random attack isn't used until the boss reaches somewhere around 40-50% health. When you get the boss to around that much health, triple tap with Gatz ^ and you should be able to do enough damage to either kill it or kill it on the next turn. Your team should be able to survive one random attack with everyone at full health.

I'm still SB'ing my characters so I ran this with Bonna ^, Gatz ^, 36AIS, Macuri, Ra'prow, Harold. If you have a +CT character, I suggest you replace Ka'pori for them so you have an easier time moving your characters around. Good luck!