8-Bit Hiso Alien

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Ryden, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

Here we go, the last of the 4 8-Bits is out and it's probably the easiest of them all.

Quick summary (mostly derived from Tharos' out of 4.2.0 Thread):
    • Bring mages: all non-magical damage is greatly reduced (x0.1 multiplier)
    • Non-elemantal mages > elemental mages: Enemies takes x0.7 from elemental magic and x2 from non-elemental magic (so bring Invincible, Lucia, Lucia Λ, Mizell, Mizell Λ and Tiamat Kino Λ).
    • Traps: 7 time loss and 3 poison (3000 poison power, levitation works)
    • Up to three runners can spawn in the first couple of turns
    • Boss capture rate is 1/1/5% respectively
    • Boss can summon another boss "Helper Hiso Alien" that uses Hiso Abduction, which damages and removes levitation, and then disappears. He appears at 50% HP.
    • Boss pattern alternates between row/colum attacks, with a cross skill at 50% HP. Units Hit by an attack are pushed away.
    • Boss is only 1x1, so Outflank should increase damage output (but bring just one as it does not Stack!)
    Eileen /\ will probably be the MVP of this event since she provides some heal, CT+2, Levitation to avoid the traps and has a Time Loss ward. Equip her with the CT+2 Otomo from the last trading post and she'll be your mover and healer to go. Tiamat Kino is an alternative as it also gets the Ward skill @65 and also has the super-effective magic.

Besindes the aforesaid characters, just bring your strongest mages and go all in for damage. It may take a few more turns than previous events, but it won't be difficult at all. Of course, MATK hoppers trivialize this fight.

Currently, a Team of Lucia Z, 2 Z mages and BahaZ takes about 4 pincers to finish off the boss, minions die in 2.

Hiso does not that much damage, so if you chain Levitation to your characters to protect them from poison, Eileens Heal + maybe a Rod on your negotiator unit should be fine.
    I recommend one Outflank Otomo, as the Boss is only 1x1 in size and thus can be outflanked easily. However, he may hide at the outer columns where no more than 1 pincer is possible.

For pincer Setup, remember that though outflanking requires cross-positioning of units, Negotiator can be activated twice a turn with the following Setup:

OXO
    XHX
    OXO

(H= Hiso Alien, X your Units and O are spots for Units that can chain in twice. I recommend chaining both your negotiators in there, or if you only have one, use one non-elemental Units in this spot)

Also, the trading post offers CoT tickets again, so grab them quickly, as long as the 2/10 event lasts!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    wrongnotes, Ph B, Tujion and 7 others like this.
  2. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Quick break down on the numbers for faster kills.
    Lucia, Mizell, and Invincible are all about equal in terms of damage.
    Put BB or Mog on them.
    2 of the above with some magic attack buddies do about 25% on the opening single pincer.
    With a magic tap, they will do about 80-90% of his total HP.
    If you want quick kills, focus on getting a power point.
    Turn 2 if the best turn to try and get a neg pro effect in there. Pray the runners spawn turn 2.

Clearing if you just want to murder him fast, a double magic attack triple non elemental will do the trick with or without the power point.

For farming rank 1 luck teams, try an outflank buddy on Marilith. It should be able to kill him with the 4 PoFuck if the other 3 have Z dragon buddies.

3. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

4. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Well crap, I didn't think Eileen would ever be useful on my team so she's not even levelled and I don't have Kino Spinetrich to recode her.

Just ran Hiso III without a time trap ward character, it's pretty doable without one if you have CT+4 character. How fast you can clear it depends on where Hiso runs off to but since mages chain activate you really only need one close enough to form a pincer with your mover.

My team:
    Peyrna my main mover for CT+4 and magic taps
    Lucia^
    Zerro^
    Koko^ other CT+4 mover though I don't find her needed and may replace her with another Zmage
    Bahamut^ for Inferno Cross and Meteor in case Zerro^ can't hit runners
    Gegonago^ with healing rod just in case, levitation and CT+3 which stacks

Without Peyrna I'd have to bring more fire power but I don't have any other non-elemental mage(there's normal Lucia but she's kind of useless with only one attack) so it's lucky I have her.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  5. Person Man

Medals:
    So others know, it looks like you only get 1 Hiso every 5 runs with the 100 luck team. There's an 80 luck set up with Yukken that kills turn 1 where she can get 2 neg pro off getting the drop up to 17x which is higher than the 100 luck chest. You can also double magic buff tap turn 2 kill Hiso 3 and ignore the runners while getting a Yukken^ double pincer.

6. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

She's beneficial, but not required. I never recoded her so I'm using Gego^ who does a good enough job. You just need any character with Levitation. CT, either equipped or activate also helps for the time traps since you can just maneuver around them. Since Hiso isn't a 2x2 boss there's more space to move.

It also looks like MW started recycling Animata items as we're back to using eggs which is nice because I had 9999 from Kraken Kino :happy:.

Is this strategy for Hiso I? Wouldn't it be better to just use Yukken for Hiso III? Even if you single pincer that's still a 40% chance.

7. Person Man

Medals:
    @LegendaryFrog Yes that is for Hiso 1. If the boxes are 10-15% (thinking 10) drop rate for Hiso and Yukken replaces a box with 16% chance, that's a higher chance.

Basically it looks like this.
    100 luck H1 is 21% from chest
    80 Luck double pro is ~27%
    100 luck H3 is annoying
    0 Luck H3 is 85% turn 2, 40% turn 3/4 because he moves to the wall

So looking at the stamina rates for each Hiso:

8. LegendaryFrog

I acknowledge your math. I guess since Amina is an SS I can safely recode her without messing up my slow, but steady path to the Gold Road. I suppose I'll actually have to care about getting Hiso's luck up. Since Mediscanner is a free 14 luck Hiso only needs to be at 86 Luck for a 100L Amina.

9. thinkinkiwi

thinkinkiwi New Member

So it doesn't look like luck recoding amina more than once will be very likely in this time frame. Would it be more efficient to just run Hiso 3 with neg pro, since you'll at least get eggs too? Might actually take less stamina too if you're lucky :p

10. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

Amina^ will get 20 % of Hiso's luck. Not 100 %. Or did I get it wrong? At 100 luck it is only 20 luck from Hiso and additional 14 from Mediscanner.

11. SmilyT1

SmilyT1 Member

I thought only 20% of the materials' luck transfers over? Meaning 20 + 14 = 34 Luck for Amina^

EDIT:
    Here's my playthrough
    https://play.lobi.co/video/52ccc21f50e7ba99355263a7d9b82957a12c9e42

Yukken^ + White Lamp for extra heal
    Jennish^ + Square Ring for [+50%] damage
    Eileen^ + Timeless Hourglass for +2 control time
    The rest are equipped with Mog for dps

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  12. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

The 1x1 nature of hiso makes recruiting a problem. My solution was to bring 2 neg pro characters - yukken and rikken. I also equipped kiss bottle. Rikken has heal all. So I'm not burning hiso down as fast but I'm getting good recruit rate.

With this sort of team, I recommend using amisandra^ for this event (or amina^ I guess) for healing and extend chain.

Amisandra^ can extend chains to make this a really easy lazy fight where you don't have to move around nearly as much, and she'll heal everyone up so that damage, even from poison, is trivial. Levitation isn't necessary at all.

Put a dragon z otomo on her for some damage.

I'm using Shin'en to eradicate the time traps on the first turn. I'm using lucia^ and Tiamat kino^ for damage. That's my team.

13. Person Man

Medals:
    Just going to comment on everything here at one time.

You're looking at 215 luck you need to pick up 215 or 240 luck on hiso across 3 recodes depending on where you are starting.

If you ignore the items from runners you can neg pro near 85% which is about 2000 stamina. 1775 on best case math in h1. That's exactly your whole week of stamina running only hiso on average worst case. I personally feel for the time and resources amisandra is better but others like the off turn healing counter and team theme building option.

There was a group pick your reward at the end of kino. My money is on the save happening for 8-bit. So 2 weeks to get your 240 luck.

Yes hiso team building sucks. Is do you have 2 of 3 characters? It's going to be slow if not. Just remember non money involved luck gains are going to be very slow anyways. If you want faster 100 luck team building you're better off finishing pofuck, baha, Levi, and Odin while saving up for Lucia who is going to return (600k coins or less and 1600 stamina in the worst case with higher team luck gains while farming). There are the healing buddies in the trading post. Everyone is a healer with a healing rod equipped, so you shouldn't value a healer as high as a dps or tap support.

And yes farming hiso 3 is better if you value trading post items.

14. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

for me he's probably the most difficult boss since I don't have the required units and need Yukken^ it takes about 5-10 minutes and endless pincers to kill it. Of course Hiso can't kill me either - even without a healer - but it's so annoying.

15. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Same here: Lucia Λ and Invincible are low level, and Tiamat Kino Λ dies ways too easily under a double breath attack.
    And of course, 0% SB, I forgot how hard it is to trigger the skills, so used to my 100% Z characters.
    So I'm having better results with other mages (Lewto Z, Baha Z, Zerro Z) and 1 negociator, but it's slow/boring.

I'm happy I do not have Ami: no need to grind luck the monster, I just want the items from trading post.

16. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

I wrote my personal guide for Hiso Hime. Tuj's 2 cents. ;) Being a personal guide means that this is just for my roster. :( I copied most of the lines here. lol, my style of writing looks so serious.

----

This definitely is not a difficult dungeon. Yet players have the additional aim of killing Metal Rockers and capturing Hiso Hime Λ. The boss being of size 1x1, it is harder to get Negotiator Pro to activate twice if one has just one Neg Pro unit.

Being ignorant of what is in store, we went into the easiest version of the dungeon with a motley team. We expected time traps, because the past three Hime dungeons featured kinetic traps, twisters and rifts. It turned out to be time traps plus poisonous puddles. In the easiest version, each crossing of time trap stole 2 seconds. Also physical attacks did not seem effective. Magic was the way to go. Unfortunately we had no magic hoppers. (Learned from TBF that non-elemental magic dealt twice damage.)

Since we were #filthycasual, we didn't know from top of our head which units or otomos provided time trap ward. Thus we made a list. Probably there were more, but they were not accessible to us because of high luck requirements. Well, getting Mizell required the usual form of luck, which we lacked and which Silver had in abundance.

Korin Λ -> rift ward
    Kem Λ -> twister ward
    Daiana Λ -> twister ward
    Eileen Λ -> time trap ward
    Mizell -> twister ward
    Tiamat Kino Λ -> time trap ward lvl 65
    Kraken Kino Λ -> kinetic ward lvl 65

S'naip O -> time trap ward
    Sh'berdan O -> rift ward
    Suoh O -> twister ward
    Camellia O -> kinetic ward
    Mizell O -> disarm kinetic
    Burbaba O -> time trap ward
    Amina O -> kinetic ward

We picked Eileen Λ for CT+2s, panacea, levitation and regen. With her, we could completely ignore whatever was on the floor. As she was the mover, it felt easier to initiate a pincer with her. Hence she was chosen to be the bearer of a Square Ring (for damage +50%). Rikken with Kiss Bottle was definitely staple in these dungeons. Then the mages: Lewto Λ, Jennish Λ and Lucia Λ with Z dragon otomos for the first two and a sorcerer's shield for the last one. Final unit was Gego Λ equipped with SS dragon otomo to provide further CT for Eileen Λ and regen. (We ran out of Z dragon otomos.) Then we went into the hard version. The Hiso boss was so tanky.

This team turned out to be quite effective. Crowd around the Hiso boss with Rikken in a corner and Eileen Λ leading a pincer, as long as the Hiso boss does not stick to walls. It can be taken down in 3 turns. We did need to tweak the initial positioning a bit. Because of walling, it looked more runs would be needed to get a Luck 100 Hiso. We will hold off recoding units as we currently have enough units with wards to deal with new content. When new things came out, we got excited and played over and over to find a good strategy. It was fun. Now that the strategy was found, all that left was grinding. The sarcasm was that it was the need for grind that induced us to develop an efficient strategy, from the search of which we derived much pleasure.

17. LegendaryFrog

Oh shit, you're right... I blanked out on that. For some reason I thought it was 100% when I was typing before. Maybe I was just being hopeful? If that's the case then I'm not going to recode her.

I've been using Sam^, Yukken^, Lewto^, Zerro^, Lucia^ and Gego^. All are equipped with Mogs or Axion/Holy Dragons and all my healing comes from Regen.I never recoded Eileen and I don't have Mizell. I feel like any of my characters will do more damage than Tiamat just based on total skills and stats and they're more durable. I should probably look into using double Yukken for extra Negotiations.

18. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm still kind of appalled that Gego, master of time is somehow not immune to time traps anymore (that change made me very sad), but I have to admit I'm pretty excited that MW finally put in a boss that Invincible does really well with.

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  19. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

Im doing Hiso 1 w this team (x5 100 luck characters all w Peta Dragon Otomos), Hiso dies in first double pincer (make sure you put Marilith /\ leading one of the pincers for the Outflank)
    Run ends in less than 1 minute...
    Hiso drops from D chests, 80 and 100 Luck chests, most of time all you get is x2 metal minion B... usually get 1 hiso every 3/4 runs (sometimes 2 in single run) so better stamina cost than Hiso 3 and runs are soooo fast and mindless you feel like SBing :cigar: (if you need eggs do Hiso 3 w Neg Pro, i almost got all i want from trading post so im just farming Hiso :joyful: )

PD- Im getting so much metal minions, can save em for otomo upgrade or even sell them for some extra gold :p

EDIT- Overall i burned around 280 stam so far, my Hiso is 40% and got tons of B metal minions so im no mad at all :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

finally time to shine :joyful:

Sean Bond likes this.