80 luck Inexorable Dragon King with no photon characters

Discussion in 'Guides' started by zetafunction, Oct 31, 2016.

1. zetafunction

zetafunction Member

Since I don't have Sayu, I wanted to find another way to run IDK with 80 luck to get the fabled PDZ. My first attempt failed because I forgot to put a Holy Dragon Z on Leviathan^ :facepalm:… but after I fixed that, I was able to kill IDK on my second attempt.

The core of this composition is using Gegonago^ and Seiryu to boost Bahamut^ and Leviathan^'s magic attack: with stacked double pincers, they do as much photon DPS as Shin'en^.

Note: I'm only going to go over the specifics to make this composition work; for all the details about IDK, please refer to Tujion's excellent guide.

Adventurers
    DPS:
    Bahamut^, Jaguna^, Leviathan^, Shin'en^
    Support: Gegonago^, Seiryu

Otomos
    4x Holy Dragon Z
    2x Mystic Shield or 2x Mog

DPS get the Holy Dragon, Supports get the Mystic Shield / Mog.

Positioning
    In order to maximize DPS, Gegonago^ should always be in between Bahamut^/Leviathan^ (doesn't really matter) and Shin'en^. Double pincers should look something like this:
    Code:
    ,-----------------------.
    |       |       |       |
    | Levi^ | Gego^ |Shinen^|
    |-------|---------------|
    |       |               |
    |       |  Inexorable   |
    |-------|    Dragon     |
    |       |     King      |
    |-------|---------------|
    | Baha^ |Jaguna^|Seiryu^|
    `-----------------------'
    I use Shin'en^ to tank Axion II / Axion III.

Strategy
    First Phase

Double pincer every turn to keep Seiryu's dragon magic attack buff stacked on Bahamut^ and Leviathan^. Bahamut^/Leviathan^ and Shin'en^ should always be next to Gegonago^ for the boost in magic damage.

Save all power points. I use Shin'en to tank Axion II + Gravimancer at 90% and 70%, but anyone should work for this.

Second Phase
    At 40%, IDK will transition into the final phase. In the final phase, IDK just alternates between draining his magic defense and casting Axion All. There are three important things in this phase:
    • Do NOT use the power points immediately. Save them until the second time IDK drains his magic defense; then use every single power point from there to the end of the fight.
    • Use Shin'en^ to tank Gravimancer for Axion II and Axion III.
    • Use Jaguna^ to tank Gravimancer for Axion IV. Jaguna^ does the least damage of the DPS, and is unlikely to survive Axion IV, even with a triple stacked magic defense buff. It is better to sacrifice her to tank Gravimancer and keep the other 5 adventurers alive for the final 2 turns.
    Turn-by-turn, here's what the final phase looks like for me:
    1. 40%→"Waiting and waiting...": Double pincer with no power point.
    2. "Diverting more power from defense to gravitons...": Double pincer with no power point. Shin'en tanks Gravimancer.
    3. Axion II, "All resistances dispelled.": Double pincer with no power point.
    4. "Diverting more power from defense to gravitons...": Double pincer with power point. Shin'en tanks Gravimancer (or kill off the Gravimancer if there's a convenient triple pincer opportunity).
      Note: if it's not possible to double pincer everyone, I usually leave Bahamut^ out and try to make sure everyone else stacks their magic defense buffs 2x.
    5. Axion III, "All resistances dispelled.": Double pincer with power point.
    6. "Diverting more power from defense to gravitons...": Double pincer with power point. Sacrifice Jaguna^ to tank Gravimancer.
    7. Axion IV: Jaguna^ is dead, RIP. Hopefully the rest of the team is alive, otherwise, it's probably time to S/L. Double pincer with power point.
    8. "Diverting more power from defense to gravitons...": Double pincer with power point. Hopefully IDK dies, otherwise…
    9. Axion V: Team wipe, time to S/L.

Skill Setup
    Bahamut^ and Leviathan^:

• Magic Defense +10%, Equip
    • Magic Defense +10%, Self
    • HP +10%, Equip
    • Solar Wind/Absolute Zero
    Jaguna^:
    • Defense +10%, Self
    • Magic Defense +10%, Self
    • HP +10%, Equip
    • Phys Dmg Down 10%, Adjacent
    Shin'en^:
    • Defense +10%, Equip
    • Petaspear
    • Thousand Spears
    • Gigaspear, Cross (All)
    Gegonago^:
    • Magic Attack, +5%, Adjacent, Equip
    • Magic Attack, +10%, Adjacent, Equip
    • Control Time +3 Sec, All
    • Giga Regen, Chain
    Seiryu:
    • HP +10%, Equip
    • Magic Attack +5%, Dragon
    • Abyss
    • Shadow

I'll upload a recording once I have 40 stamina again. Hopefully other people find this helpful: questions or feedback welcome!

Edit: based on feedback, I updated the positioning slightly: it's better to have Shin'en^ by Gegonago^, and Shin'en^ in a pincer does a bit of extra damage.

Edit 2: Here's the video:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. another

another Active Member

A complete and impressive Guide... Thanks for the others

3. Wildarm

Wildarm Active Member

Great Guide. I'm planning on trying 80L IDK soon. Really nice to know the turn by turn steps for the kill. I will be trying with Invincible /w Regen Cane as my non 100L character I think instead of Gego and use 4x Holy Z + Holy SS.

Will I have enough healing with that setup? Damage will be 20% less per character(Aerial Shield) but one side will only be getting Giga Regen every other turn unless I can easily swap Jaguna/Invincible every round.

4. zetafunction

zetafunction Member

It will definitely be harder without Gegonago^ as the mover: he makes it easy to work around bad/unlucky positioning of rifts / monsters.

Also, what's the strongest Axion All that Invincible can survive with just the 20% reduction?

5. zetafunction

zetafunction Member

Finally got around to recording a video for this. I got a bit unlucky this run, when a dimensional rift spawned under a power point, but I was still able to clear IDK with a turn to spare. If you have a slightly weaker roster, you should still be able to do it (I know that pak managed to run IDK with Suoh^ instead of Bahamut^), but there won't be any room for error.

freelame likes this.
  6. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Your final phase strategy is so good. I didn't believe it at first and went in attacking with PP all the way, and then PP failed to spawn for the last round of double pincers, and the boss, left with just a little bit of HP, swept my team away with Axion V...

My team is the same except Lewto Z and Myne in place of Baha and Seiryu. So I guess your strategy is sound for pretty much any L80 or 100 team without Sayu. Thanks!

7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I beat IDK just now with a HUNDRED luck team, pretty easily, thanks to invincible^

Also got primordial dragon z in the 100 luck chest, first try :D

Invincible^
    Bahamut^
    Leviathan^
    Seiryu^
    Jaguna^
    Shin'en^
    All with holy dragon z except Seiryu rocking the regen cane

yeezus likes this.
  8. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

Congrats, you may need another PDZ to reach the EXP modifier cap (2.3) :)

9. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Damn, with no CT? Congrats!

10. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I used a time extender item :D

11. freelame

freelame Member

Congrats! I run 17 times with 80L team, still no drop. Looks like i'm late to the party. Will run it 1 more time and wait for 100L team. :(

12. Ylumenas

Ylumenas New Member

I ran IDK 30 times to get 2 PDZ, the first dropped from IDK himself before the 80L box gave me one lol

freelame likes this.
  13. D-rex

D-rex New Member

Was this 80L drop on version 4.4 + ? Or was it pre 4.4?

14. Ylumenas

Ylumenas New Member

I got it on Nov 22 so yh i think it was pre 4.4

15. Ant.

Ant. New Member

I have run nearly 50 times IDK recently with my 80L team, but it still doesn't drop. I believe they changed the loots at 80L after version 4.4. You probably need to have 100L team in order to get your PDZ.

Samba likes this.
  16. chomiak

chomiak Member

would it be possible for gegoZ to survive without mdef otomo?(in order to reach 100l with him id have to give him panda)

17. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Just use invincible shield. My alt was using echo^. She can tank upto axion3. Should be no issues for gego!

chomiak likes this.
  18. Zyron

Zyron Member

I used Gego with HolyZ. He survived Axion 3 without Invincible's Aerial shield.