Almost on the Golden Road!

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Jarrett, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

I find playing Cryptid Forest much better than doing mindless 2-1 SB runs. Maybe it's something about getting guaranteed LB rather than hoping I get an SB. Before CF came out, I didn't expect to reach golden road until some time in the summer doing 2-1 SB runs. Now I only have to LB Kem and Raprow and I will be pulling S+! Wooo

[​IMG]

Some thoughts on doing LB:
    • With good unit placement and companions, my average clear time was 1:20~1:30
    • Good companions are Featherfoot and SS-class Staff of [XXXX] that has Cross (All). I got 2 Featherfoot and 3 of the staves from the Trading Post. The staves are good for when you have lower class A/B units with little or no area damage, or when you have units with low SB. The staves allow you to keep time per run down when you have no good carries.
    • Your mover should have at least CT +2. It is difficult to clear it efficiently without CT. However, I prefer having Featherfoot equipped to companions that give CT
    • The trick to using Featherfoot is to slow your movement speed once you are one adjacent square away from the runner. Diagonal squares don't matter
    • It's a long journey. If you get bored/tired/etc. of it, take a break. I didn't LB at all for a week during my spring break.
    • I tried to somewhat SB whichever character was in the 3 slot. It was very slow. Pizfer Z (40% SB, 28L) was 85% SB when he reached 100L. That is one of the fastest characters to gain SB and it was still outpaced by Luck. Snaip Z (40%, 28L) was 60% at 100L. This is with a White Lamp on him. Lacuma went from 0%, 0L to 10%, 100L.

Rydia and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  2. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Congrats!! I also switched to LB cause I was far from golden road with SB. Today I finished all my non CT users (I am keeping those to be my next featherfoot equiped movers), so I could pull and got Burbaba! (i somehow never got him in my year of playing this game...).

Jarrett likes this.
  3. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

I pulled 5 times today to get some more units to LB. Got Kir'ue, Bonna, Gegonago, Pizfer, Amina. Already have Pizfer Z and Amina Z so meh, but excited with the other three. Managed to recode both Gego and Bonna today and I'm looking forward to maybe being able to do IDK in the future with Gego + Kir'ue. Amazing what being on golden road does for your pulls

4. WoToFok

WoToFok New Member

Hey!

Congratz ;)

I've decided the same thing as you but with SB (maybe i'm too old fashion style haha) but with ch 5-8 (less brainless i think).
    I think it's quite a long journey to reach golden road but as i read you i always think of the pleasure to pull interesting S and SS!

Good luck to reach rainbow road!

5. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

Thanks!

If you are still on silver road, I think other members of this forum have pointed out that it is more effective to switch to LB. I had been doing SB since December until Cryptid Forest was released. LB is just much more reliable, especially if you compare to trying to SB units that have low SB.

6. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Also with the new update, apparently it is even more of a no brainer to do LB if you're still on silver. For people like me toward the end of golden, it's still a tough sell.

But if your goal is to get those gold cards asap and you're on silver, there's no reason to put yourself through SB madness.