Another mobile game, another introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mageofthesands, Oct 25, 2016.

1. mageofthesands

mageofthesands New Member

Hello. I'm on a mobile gaming kick right now, and Terra Battle is number four on the rotation it seems like. I like the basic gameplay so far, but, truthfully? I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm working on chapter 9 right now. Team is Bahl (dark duelist), Amina (saint), Ba'gunar, Rikken, Koko, and Korin. I hear things about how terrible Ba'gunar is, but the post is from years ago, so I don't know if that's still true. Same with the O'pari that showed up.

I picked up a Quickfire Bow, but all it says is that it's a special bow. What does it do? The Lightning Rod and Sable Wand have been very useful for chaining, but the bow doesn't seem to do anything? Does is buff O'pari, since he has one in his art?

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi mage, welcome to TBF :love:

First, gratz for your team, you have been very lucky :)
    Second, yes, Ba'gunar is not a very strong character, but I suggest you to start saving Energy and to take advantage of the Half Stamina event that will take place in less than 1 hour to advance the story as much as possible (this to get as many Energy as you can :) )

Soon a "2/10" Tavern event that awards every player who pull 10 units in a row (so, you need to save up 50 Energy) with at least 2 S class (or higher) characters will probably take place (we have one every month or so, you find here the history), personally I'd keep using that team (which is already pretty strong, replacing eventually Ba'gunar with another free character that you'll get by proceeding the story... and yes, avoid O'pari :p ) until is finally time to pull your "10"; in your help also come the "First Contact" bonuses, that award you with some free stuff every time you play with someone for the very first time: 20 "fc" give you a total of 20 Energy and 24 Metal Tickets, you want to get them all as soon as possible ;)

You can post your progress on the Co-Op Mode & Friend Finder subforum and ask for them in Chat :)

Now, about the Companions: avoid to spend all your coins on them, you'll need some money to unlock your characters jobs, and, very, very, very important, don't spend the Companion Tickets you will soon start to receive (almost) every time you'll clear a chapter until ch10.

Every Companion Ticket allows you to pull a companion from the "Companion of Truth" pact (each one is "worth" 3 Energy), so saving them 10 allows you to do the companion equivalent of the "2/10" I mentioned above saving 30 Energy: you can't pull "10 times in a row" using both your Energy and your Companion Tickets, and saving 10 of them will allow you to be sure to get at least 2 S class (or higher) companions :) (although it might take some time before the event will come back, like a month or so... but is often worth it)

Now, about your companions: as you can see from the Wiki, the Quickfire Bow is a companion that increases the MATK of the unit that wields it: a lv10 Quickfire Bow increases its owner's MATK by 10 points. Similar (rarer) companions can increase the character's stats up to +80, pretty neat uh? :)

Except some very rare exceptions, every companion can be levelled up by "feeding" them other companions (I suggest you to use the "Metal Minions" you find when playing a Metal Zone), and this increases the bonuses they provide and, when talking about companions like Lightning Rod, to increase the change for them to trigger their skills :)

I hope I cleared up your doubts, otherwise make me know if there's something you still didn't understand, I'll be more than happy to help you ^-^

3. mageofthesands

mageofthesands New Member

Thanks! Is there a decent new player guide that talks about mechanics or something? Also, is there a particular character out of my roster I should focus on adding jobs to first? I think Koko and Korin seem to be doing well

By play with the first time, do you mean co-op mode? I haven't tried that yet.

4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Actually we have plenty of them (I'm writing another one right now), but many were written a long time ago and are currently outdated (although I wrote a really good one in italian last year xD); Terra Battle mechanics are not that hard, I'm sure you'll discover everything you need very soon :)

If you have some time, take a look at the Guides subforum; unfortunately, since many guides were left outdated the Forum Guides Directory thread is a little bare, but I still suggest you to give it a look ;) (I recommend you the Order of Operations in Pincer Attacks guide)

The Wiki has also some nice information you want to keep in mind, but again, I'm sure that you won't have many problems understanding how Terra Battle works without relying on long and boring guides ^-^

About your characters, I highly suggest you to make Bahl reach lv35 on her first job (to teach her [​IMG] Gigasword) , then to focus completely on her second one, since at lv65 she learns the powerful and stackable buff [​IMG] Physical Damage x1.5 that will exponentially increase her destructive power, making of Bahl one of the strongest physical DPS of TB.

Day by day you should be gifted by some useful items like Animaton and Orichalcum needed to unlock Amina's job 2 and 3, and I suggest you to do so :) (the useful [​IMG] Control Time +2 sec is a job3/lv15 passive skill that will make moving your units a lot easier)

After these 2, if possible, try to unlock Rikken's job 2: at level 15 she learns a very, very, very useful healing skill, [​IMG] Heal, All capable to heal the HP of all your units wherever they are positioned (even if they are not chained to her!).

Right now, unfortunately, you won't find a good use of Koko: she'll become a very strong and useful unit, but also requires some high-level materials to unlock new jobs and a lot of EXP to learn new skills :S

About Korin... well.. try to unlock his job3/lv15 skill [​IMG] Frequency +20%, Sword as soon as possible, it will help Bahl to trigger her skills quite a lot during most of the story, then focus on unlocking his job1/lv65 skill [​IMG] Defense +30%, Sword: this one, together to [​IMG] Defense +20%, Sword can easily make both Korin, Bahl and any other sword unit on the field a tank :)
    Yes: before starting a match you can generate a 5 digits long room number that has to be typed by another player under Arena > Co-op Battle > Find Private Room.