another squad thread..

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Lucinth, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Lucinth

Lucinth New Member

hello guys.. i've been wondering about my best squad set up for general purpose..
    so.. i have.. suoh^, bajanna, snaip^, lewto^, odin^, leviathan^, amazora^, daiana^, alika^, nia^, Sheena, Shberdan^, Puprope^, bahl^, Clara(on my way to ^), kem, eileen, r'zonand, Camellia, Lucia^, Macuri and Gaiga, and my only healer are Kuscah.. please help me decide to make a party for general purpose, and also pvp.. how many physical damage dealer are good for composition.. its hard to pick that i have snaip,suoh,macuri,bahl,and odin.. did 2 healers are necessary?

2. Mako

Mako Member

In broad terms, TB isn't about a general purpose team, but the best units available to face situational scenarios.
    Let's take PvP Bot Cup as an example:
    • Bots units receive a HUGE boost.
    • From A League onwards humble bots can rip and tear almost everything.
    • But I can't think of a story chapter where I'd take a bot team over an adventurer team.
    Now let's have a look at Marilith Kino:
    • If I wanted to recruit her, I would use units with Negociator skills.
    • If I wanted the contents of the 100 luck chest, I'd use units with 100% luck.
    • If I wanted to kill her easily, I'd use some heavy hitters + tap units.
    • If I were short of units, I'd try to avoid putting male units in the party since they get a debuff.
    Do you see what I mean?

Now, if I were forced to create a "perfect" team, I'd probably take at least one Healer (for obvious reasons), one unit with high +CT (Control Time), one "heavy" hitter (Physical Damage) and a mage (Magic damage + AOE). That leaves me with 2 spots to fill as needed.

Don't get me started on how Otomos can influence your party building ;)

3. wenify

wenify Member

Story-mode-wise:
    Before Ch30 AOE magic attack is better.
    After Ch30 pretty much physical damage only.

Snaip^, Suoh^, Bahl^, Macuri are all very high damage dealers, able to finish off enemies very quickly, use for general purpose.
    odin^ is fine, pretty tanky and decent attack. Since you don't have any other good choice, keep him as is.

Kuscah has drag time increase+2sec, heal increase and heals all, mainly all the healing you need and can be a mover.
    When I was a new player, I used two healers before unlocking his heal all skill (other being the lizardfolk healer) but removed it afterward.

Event-wise:
    Substitute team members as necessary. (edit: @Mako posted right before me, but yeah, what he/she said.)
    If you find Macuri dies easily, replace with someone with more health.
    Try to pull someone with more utility from 10+2 events (like Bonna^, Schweiz, Gatz^)
    If you find Kuscah doesn't provide enough healing, put on some healing companions; White Pendant can be pulled from COF and evolved into Healing Wand, and then Healing Rod.

If you can't do Dragon King or Shin'en couple or BLO recoded (because you do not have taps, specific companions/skills, etc.), don't worry about it right now. Wait until you have some characters capable of dealing with them. They are not going away in the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  4. Lucinth

Lucinth New Member

thanks for replying guys.. sorry i took a long time to check this forum again.. i really appreciate it.. i just got confuse by so many good physical dps characters.. like snaip/clara/odin/bahl/macuri/suoh.. who should i put in the team ?