Any reliable way to farm Mutoh without Senala Λ?

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Biotar, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Biotar

Biotar Member

I'm farming Mutoh with Myne, Gegonago, Edg'low, Saya, Schweiz and Annu but need to rely on having one of the adds being diagonally next to Mutoh for the kill without getting into Twister phase. I heard about manipulating the adds spawn position before but have no idea how it should be done.

I also have Peyrna but Edg'low and Annu seem to be more beneficial in the team. Any advice is welcome.

2. Janub

Janub New Member

Hey, your team will work fine, no need to have Senala recoded to beat/farm Mutoh, she was released a long time after.

If you want to make it easier, you can switch Edg'low with amissandra Z or amina Z, to have extended chain, so you can use double bonus adjacent mag atk on your gegoz, and can make an easier triple pincer before twisters.

Mutoh has a ward vs break mag so only use break Def on your Myne's slots.

Stack mag slot on Annu
    6 holy Z
    No need to have regen slot on gegoz if amina Z or Amissandra Z, the summon point will be your "7th" character, extended chain, to do the triple pincer, massive damages !

You will succeed for sure.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Biotar likes this.
  3. Aexact

Aexact Member

I'm also curious about farming Mutoh. I understand that it's doable without Senala Z but is it possible to do it reliably and in less that 5-10 minutes like in the video

Last edited: May 21, 2017 at 5:04 AM
  4. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Don't have Myne, so I tried this extend chain technique with Edg'low instead of Myne. Always came up about 20k short in damage. Not sure if using Myne instead makes up for that extra 20k needed.

5. Janub

Janub New Member

First, congratulations for your top ranking in dragon cup, you dit it real good.

For the team I spoke about now.

For Mutoh, myne is much better than Edg'low.

When new characters were released, Edg'low was the first character to quit the team. I switched him right away.

Because Myne has chain attacks zone 2, in triple pincer he can hit Mutoh (4 squares) twice with that range attack zone 2, and sometimes 3 times, if you're using extended chain on purpose.

Also, the best photon skill of Edg'low is a tachyon but sadly that tachyon is not zone 1, that makes a huge difference.

I guess the 20000 hits you're missing come from this fact.

Myne also does physical damages, light but real, Edg'low don't unless its vertical one, and as Mutoh has no ward vs break Def, the little gap between fail or succeed is probably related to it.

Of course my post takes in account the fact that Annu is the second tapper (and not peyrna)

Annu, Schweiz, myne, amissandra z/amina Z, gegoz, Sayu, 6 holy Z, and victory. As I told Biotar

If you have the chance to have Mizell recoded and Senala recoded, take Ella in team to farm Mutoh with a low average luck team, even if, with dracorin's stage, it's not as useful as it used to be.

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 12:00 AM
  6. Biotar

Biotar Member

Unfortunately this is also a 3-princer run which relies on one of the adds being diagonally next to Mutoh. The difference is that without 3-princer Sayu won't be hitting Mutoh 3 times in the same turn, which is required to bring Mutoh down from ~660K life to 0. Otherwise you'll be left with Mutoh at about 200k life and twisters.

7. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Thanks! It was good playing you too. What rank did you end up at?

Looks like I have to hope I pull Myne in the near future to farm Mutoh (Or even better, VH comes back and I miraculously pull Senala. I already have all of her recode materials ready to go!). I actually have Mizell^ as my second tapper, which should be about as good as Annu.

8. Aexact

Aexact Member

Dang

Also there's no room for a kiss bottle in this set-up so that means farming relies on the 50% drop? I guess if I could pull that off, that would be fine, tried it a couple times but wasn't able to pull it off and the amount of retries was approaching 30 minutes a run. Farming mutoh is rough I guess.

... could Kirue sub for Senala Z?

9. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

If you get the team to at least 80L, the luck boxes help considerably with the 50% drop rate. Thanks to Luck Orblings and CF, both my extend chain photon and mix magic/physical Mutoh teams are currently at 80+ luck.

Kir'ue has a higher single pincer multiplier than both Edg'low and Senala^, but he's severely lacking in chain attacks needed for the final triple pincer. Edg'low already isn't a strong enough replacement for Senala^ and Kir'ue has even less of a photon multiplier than Edg'low in a triple pincer, so he probably won't work.

10. Janub

Janub New Member

Ranked 66 on last cup, far behind you. But it was fun.

Mizell recoded is better than Annu to farm Mutoh. Her twister ward is useful, check her slots, you have to choose her two hybrid skill slots, Bow/magical, others won't hurt Mutoh. With 6 tap + summon point, it also makes a difference.

Hopping you'll get Myne soon and Senala when VH comes back.

11. Biotar

Biotar Member

I equip Kiss Bottle on Schweiz and Whitewyrm Wand on Gegonago, the rest of the team use Holy Dragon Z. With the team I have I can kill Mutoh as long as there is an add diagonally next to Mutoh. Kirue, as yeezus said, has lower damage output in triple pincer so he is worse than Edg'low.

Main problem is if you don't have character with Dispell Damage Air, you'll need to finish Mutoh with a triple pincer. Still boggle my mind when Sayu gets Dispell Warphole OII and Mogha gets Dispell Damage Air OII.