Back after 2 years, any advice would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Aeon, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Aeon

Aeon New Member

I decided to reinstall this game just for kicks after getting somewhat bored of FFBE, and have absolutely no idea what to aim for at the moment. I remember quitting just as Z characters were introduced.

My notable characters (most are in their 3rd job) are as follows:

Gugba Lv 72
    S'naip Lv 73
    Gatz lv 75
    Odin lv 64
    Yukken and Rikken lv 73
    Bahl lv 71
    Leviathan lv 70
    Bahamut lv 66
    Grace lv 70
    Camellia lv 65
    Zerro lv 72
    A'misandra lv 71
    Pupropu lv 70
    A'merpact lv 71
    purope lv 52
    Palpa, Kuscah, Shaplar, Zeera, Eileen and Echo all below lv 20

I also have 11 lightning bolt currency. Would be grateful for some tips and pointers as to what would be the best course of action right now.

Thanks for reading :^)

2. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

Read up wiki entries on Recode and Luck systems. That's what the game is all about now.

Aeon likes this.
  3. FriedNublet

FriedNublet Member

Since you left as Zs were introduced then I will assume you have not done any recoding. As the above user has already mentioned, you should read up on recoding and luck.

S'naip and Bahl will be your hardest hitting physical units so you will definitely want to make space for them, there are not many situations where they won't be useful. They have both received recodes, not Z class but it really elevates them. Bahl's recode is more accessible for you at the moment because S'naip's recode requires 8-bit Golem, which you can only recruit from the arena. They will require Temporal Helices for their recodes, but you can buy one Helix for 3000 Animata items from the Trading Post. You can get these items from 8-bit and Kino strikes back events in the arena, otherwise these Helices also drop in 35-10.

I think the next hardest hitting adventurer you have will be Gatz. Once recoded, he will have access to 'taps'. Basically, tapping Gatz once will buff your party's attack by 30% for one turn, but you only have 3 charges available every time. There are also taps for other stats, and taps that debuff your enemy rather than buff your party. Taps are always useful. Recoding Gatz should be easier than recoding S'naip and Bahl.

Gugba is amazing because Tremor. You should also work on Odin, since he's free, and a great spear unit.

For healing, you will want to recode A'misandra, which should also be a lot easier recoding S'naip/Bahl, to get Heal All and Extend Chain. Recoded, A'misandra^ is one of the best healers available at the moment, the other being Amina^.

You will also want to work on Yukken and Rikken for their Pro Negotiator skill, which will help greatly in completing POF. Yukken can also be recoded, so why not?

As for mages, you will want to work on Zerro, A'merpact, Leviathan and Bahamut. The best thing about Leviathan and Bahamut are that they are free, in that they don't cost energy (lightning bolt currency). There is also a new stat called luck, but someone else can explain that to you, or you could look it up yourself but basically Leviathan and Bahamut can reach 100 luck if you recode them multiple times, and you don't have to spend any energy on them. Same applies for Odin.

Now, you can pull monsters from the Pact of fellowship of fate (POFOF), which will boost their luck rather than SB. Recoding adventurers gives them 20% of the recode monster's luck and SB. If you can, you should recode only when your recode monsters reach their max luck (70 for most monsters, 100 for lambda monsters).

As for your energy, save them for pull events. About once a month, there are events where you can pull 10 at a go which will guarantee at least 2 S class units. I know my advice is a bit all over the place, but I really am just listing the units I think will be the most useful for you rather than advising on team comp.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Aeon likes this.
  4. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

My suggested order of doing milestones:
    1. Clear at least chapter 34. This will give you access to Metal Zone 7, which is the best levelling place at the moment.
    2. Clear Pact of Fellowship and Pact of Fate (Coin). This requires lots of Coin grinding, but this will give you maximum benefit from recoding. Also you get several good Adventurers (and some bad ones...) for no Energy.
    3. Get your first 100Luck team. The easiest characters to bring to 100L are Seiryu, Invincible^, Jaguna^, Lich^, and Marilith^, with Suoh^ and Camellia^ following. Seiryu and Invincible^ will already be at 100L from clearing PoFoF alone. The rest only requires one or two Recoding.
    Once you get the basic 100L team you can start recoding other units. That team is strong enough to handle everything except the endgame contents, and will reward you with more Coins and rare items when doing your farming and grinding.

Aeon likes this.
  5. Aeon

Aeon New Member

Thanks for the replies lads, currently getting my face kicked in by the mobs in chapter 31. Is my team too weak to clear the stage and should I level/evolve them or do I just need to get good? And is spending $ on energy worth it for pulls in this game or is F2P life viable? The deals on energy here seem far more reasonable than the exorbitant prices in FFBE.

6. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'll leave the chapter strategy to others, as I haven't played the main story in a long while.

In terms of pay vs. F2P:

F2P is very much doable, but 1) for the extreme endgame content you'll either have to be incredibly lucky with your pulls from PoT or 2) you'll need to grind like crazy to clear characters out of PoT (so that you maximize the chances of pulling what you need). For perspective, I've probably spent a total of...I dunno, definitely over $50 or 60 in the game, and am still missing a lot of pieces that are more or less necessary for some endgame stuff (most of my money was spent before the version of TB you see now, and the characters introduced since then are absolutely integral to some of the toughest content). On the other hand, anything not at the absolute top difficulty is relatively simple with the units I have.

I've mentioned this before, but if you have an Android phone, I'd recommend downloading the Google Rewards app. You get Google Play Store credit for answering super short surveys ($0.10 to $0.70 ), and while the money might seem low, it adds up. Once you have enough money in your account, you can use it to purchase energy in TB (and thus avoid paying out of your own pocket, but still have some extra pulls in-game). I typically use this + a few extra bucks to get up to 50 energy if I don't otherwise have it, then I pull from the "Increased Z odds" events. Since there are still a lot of S/SS/Z characters you don't have, I'd recommend saving your energy for the "2 S or higher guaranteed when you Pull 10" events; it's the most bang for your buck, and nowadays the event also gives you better odds of pulling a Z character.

Last word of advice - Recode Gatz, A'misandra, A'merpact (or Leviathan), Bahl, S'naip, Zerro and Bahamut as soon as you can; I know it'll take a long time, but Gatz will serve you very well in the endgame, A'misandra is one of the 2 best healers in the game, Bahl and S'naip are two of the best physical units, Zerro is one of the best magic units, and Bahamut and Leviathan are awesome for "free" units. A'merpact is very good when recoded (although his SS equivalent, Piz'fer, is better), but you'll want either him or Leviathan^ specifically for gaining levels in Metal Zone 7 (one of the enemies can more or less only be hurt using one of their skills).

Aeon likes this.
  7. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Chapter 31-34 require you to put thought into the Circle of Carnage very much. You know, the Sword-Spear-Bow triangle. IIRC Chapter 31 enemies are mostly Spear, so use a Bow centric team.

Aeon likes this.
  8. FriedNublet

FriedNublet Member

To add to that, past chapter 31 magic doesn't do much damage at all, so it's best not to rely on magic too much. Some monsters even get healed by magic of the same element to them.

Sean Bond likes this.
  9. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Good point, although I'd still make sure to have Z mages waiting in the wings. They make MZ and the weekly challenges SO much easier.

Plus, full-screen explosions! :woot:

10. FriedNublet

FriedNublet Member

Yeah! I think it's fair to say that magic is great for everything but certain chapters in the story.