Bahamut Recoded

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Sharrax, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

No one has created this tread, so I will. Let's share our strategies!

I tried this level once and failed, but I hope my findings wil help develop the most painless way to beat Bahamut Λ. He is back more strong and dangerous than ever... with a little twist (pun intended).

That's what I found. The battle is indeed almost the same that Bahamut Ultra, except for multiple twisters Bahamut Λ summons at the turn 1. The only usable character who has twister immunity now is Souh Λ with Suoh O (Daiana Λ is obviously bad because she's a fire mage). Later we will have access to other companions which grant twister immunity (the most useful character will be Leviathan because of his O and O II companions), but now only Souh Λ is available. Time Spires are the most dangerous enemis, because if they nullify control time of Souh Λ, you will fail to dodge Bahamut Λ's attacks. Stacking fire resistance with capsules is important too (sometimes you have to survive double meteor attack), but I'm not sure that any character with this skill except for Piz'fer Λ can survive twisters (others are Piz'fer, A'merpact and Gigojago). I think that equipping Scorching Shields on every character except for Souh Λ is a way to beat this challenge, but I don't have them yet.

The optimal team for taking down Bahamut Λ will be something like this:
    - Piz'fer Λ (strongest ice character, fire capsules, revival)
    - Leviathan Λ (good ice character; will be even more useful with O and O II companions)
    - Suoh Λ (for twister immunity granted by his O; replaceable when you have Leviathan O or O II)
    - A'misandra Λ (you really need strong healer for this)
    - Gegonago Λ (for giving your twister mover some more time)
    - other character, preferrably with magic taps (Peyrna or Schweiz), or Negotiator (if is works in this dungeon)

I managed to take Bahamut Λ's health to half and lower, but I always fail to stack enough fire resistance. Beating him with negotiator would have been a good way to boost luck of Bahamut Λ in your roster. If only his drop were higher...

What is your strategy?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. claude

claude Active Member

I like how no one is able to contribute here, yet.

3. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

I wonder if no one from this forum could beat him. I failed, but I thought it's just me.

There is another question concerning descents. What is the fastest way get their luck to 100? Running lambda versions seems to hard for me and the drop rate is 1% (according to wiki). The alternative is rerecoding, which will require: 1. descent; 2. all job items; 3. getting descent to 80/80/80; 4. a recode monster from second variant of the dungeon and max luck monster from PoFoF, both at level 50; 5. all recode items. Each rerecode will give 19 luck, if my math is right. That's a lot of effort either way.

4. wrongnotes

wrongnotes Active Member

I'm wondering if running the lower tier with 100 luck teams will grant the drops to make this possible. Tried the lowest tier with the "luck pact" squad and only got reg metal minions from the 80 and 100 chests. Will prob see if the higher tiers are doable with this team later today, or has anyone else been able to see if this is even a possibility?

As far as farming luck up from recruitables, it is mind numbing. I got the orb to around luck 22 then had to stop for my sanity (granted you get 20 just from maxing their SB via drop). I really thought / hoped that after 100SB, the luck gain would increase to 3 or 5 because they were fully boosted. Definately misread that original luck thread :worry:

5. derposed

derposed Well-Known Member

Beat him first try with the following team:
    Screenshot_2016-08-28-09-45-11.png
    Suoh with his Suoh O for Twister Ward. 3 Fire Shields, 1 Scorching Shield, and a Shield of Genji on the rest (ran out of fire shields).

That's totally overboard on the defense, as just with capsules even Suoh got to 100% fire resist. There's definitely room for replacing some guys with higher luck filler. Beefy Z characters can take 2-3 twister hits and live, even after the physical damage from Bahamut's big bang cross. It looked like 1200-1500 damage per twister touch.

Vicioustein, lynx, Neofalcon and 3 others like this.
  6. Loner

Loner Active Member

Wow I have the team and also 6 fire shields on my alt :hilarious: May try to see if I can beat him.

7. wrongnotes

wrongnotes Active Member

Gratz Derposed! Unfornately seems kinda futile without a high (100) luck team based on those drops.

8. derposed

Yeah, there's not much reason to even try unless you have a 100 luck team, or you just re-recoded Bahamut and want the guaranteed item drop. I just did him for the guaranteed Caladcholg drop.
    1) Re-recode Bahamut, gain 19 luck.
    2) Run Bahamut Evolved with Rikken/Yukken to get Suzaku and Bahamut
    3) Run Bahamut Ultra to get 100% Caladbolg drop
    4) Run Bahamut Recoded to get 100% Caladcholg drop
    5) Level, rinse, repeat

9. Loner

Loner Active Member

Beat it with the same team as derposed and somehow I got Caladbolg from d chest.

10. Daigus

Daigus Member

Hi, I have a question....
    My Bahmy is ready to recode for first time, mantledrake has 70 of lucky, but suzaku 0.
    Can improve suzaku luck?

Thanks

11. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

This is my reasoning as well. I felt it was more beneficial to farm A-Bones and Coins during the CC 1/2 stamina event so I can complete the PoFoF.

12. derposed

Unfortunately no. You'll have to recode bahamut 5 times at 19 luck each time to get him to 95, then either grind the last 5 or recode a 6th time.

13. Daigus

Daigus Member

OMG... :eek:
    unfortunately, the first time give 14 luck....:(

Thanks...

14. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Do I need to run Bahamut multiple times to max his Luck first before re-recoding ?

15. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Do you mean to ask if you have to recruit Bahamut multiple times before doing the recode? If so then the answer is no. Recruiting Bahamut in Descended, Evolved or Ultra does not increase his luck - only SB. Recruiting Bahamut^ in Bahamut Recoded (you recruit Bahamut^, not Bahamaut) will increase his luck but that recruit only comes from the luck 80 or 100 chests (not sure which). The 19 luck comes from the 14 off Mantledrake (.2*70), 0 from Suzaku (who doesn't get LB from recruitments) and the 5 bonus you get for a re-recode.

16. derposed

No, Bahamut does not gain luck when you re-recruit him, only SB. 14 luck is from the 70 luck fodder from the pact of fate fellowship, 5 luck is from the re-recode bonus assuming you already have Bahamut^. You'll want to recode him 6 times regardless of your situation, as grinding out even just 5 luck is much harder than just recoding him one more time.

19+19+19+19+19+19=114
    14+19+19+19+19+19=109

6 recodes to max no matter what your situation is.

17. freelame

freelame Active Member

So do we have a guide how most efficiently to get all the recode materials to get him to 100 luck?

18. linguist

linguist Member

I saw a vid on youtube of someone using Olber caps for twisters and thought I'd give it a shot. I was really expecting it to not be as easy as it looked.
    To my surprise it was soooo easy I was shocked.
    https://play.lobi.co/video/2f16de172e76125e8818048dc745ad0738d2b117
    The vid is from the last few minutes of the run, but from turn 1 everything was the same. Twisters did zero damage the whole fight and Scorching Shields made sure Baha did zero damage most of the time. No one ever even came close to death.

That's an 80LB team since I haven't lucked up Olber. But he just jumped to the top of my list.
    I can't stress this enough, this was far easier than the runs I did with PizFer and Flame Caps, but you need scorching Shields or at least the B rank on everyone.

*EDIT*
    So I've had a chance to do several more Baha4 runs since the I posted this. Further runs have been a little more eventful than the first, but still far easier than with PizFer. I think the best plan of attack is to use 2 capsules per turn. The times I've had GegoZ drop to only 80% protection were on runs where somewhere earlier on I used 4 or 5 caps in a single turn because of multiple pincers and cap spawn placement. Luckily, I was paranoid in my initial setup so Suoh^ still has his Reduce Phys Damage by 25% skill. So when GegoZ is below 90% reduction to twister damage, I use Suoh who is always 50% higher than everyone else.

Still way easier than PizFer and I never have to S/L now. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    turbster and doodootron like this.
  19. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

Wait, wait, wait! Can Olber be the key to defeat Mutoh too? Can someone comment on this?

20. linguist

linguist Member

I'm giving serious thought to giving that a shot now.