BAR Hiso Alien #10

Discussion in 'Events' started by Person Man, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I would imagine some of these people don't have 9-5 jobs, so may have different definitions of free time than I do.

Also, this type of game exists to prey on compulsion, so it's not entirely surprising people are feeling the need to do this.

2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

The irony for me is that I used to make use of as much stamina as possible each day so I was never sitting at max. Now that stamina recharges so quickly I find myself not caring about using it since it'll fill up so fast that I always hit max without realizing it. I was SBing the other night while watching netflix (spoiler, the OA is boring as hell) and when I finished for the night I was at max stamina. It was at that point I realized there was no longer a reason to be efficient.

This is easily my favorite change since MZ7.

wrongnotes, Zeroelcapo and Sean Bond like this.
  3. Kuyon

Kuyon Member

Same for me, I tried for 2 years to not waste stamina, now I don't care anymore :D
    Somehow, I feel relieved, I don't have TB on my mind while doing other things.

4. Sean Bond

I haven't been as diligent as you guys about not wasting stamina (unless it was a day I was going something really specific, like grinding for items or leveling characters), but I agree that it's an awesome change. It takes the pressure away so that you don't always have to be stamina efficient, and also gives you more playing time while you are playing.

5. freelame

freelame Active Member

Yeah, but don't you guys feel cheated for the 2 wasted years? It's like the game is broken now. You don't have to plan how to use your stanina, you don't have to wait for double drop day, don't need to trade runs, don't need MTix (can run MZ7 7-8 times every few hours) because you can have everything with endless stamina, all you need is time. :(

6. Sean Bond

Well, I did feel cheated for a while when all the new content came out (because it's impossible with 95% of the characters in the game), but MW has proven that they're going to continue to make it more and more accessible over time (for example, Mobius FF is back, which allowed me to get 6 Tonberries, which allows me to relatively easily grind PDK), so I'm trying to be patient on that front.

In terms of the stamina thing...In a word: No. My enjoyment of the game is completely separate from stamina management, because I don't consider stamina to be part of the game (it's a free-to-play mechanic, after all). And as someone who compulsively levels characters they like, metal tickets are still very useful to me. If anything, the stamina change has made me really happy, as I can now navigate the game more freely (burn a bunch of stamina on leveling, but not worry about being unable to do anything else for the rest of the day).

7. LegendaryFrog

Personally, I don't feel cheated at all. I still think Luck is a shitty and contrived system, but with VH being luckless and reminiscent of M:FF, luck being basically an O companion farming stat and the new stamina timer I feel like MW might be going back to just make the game enjoyable for players. There are so many characters to recode and re-recode, so many events on a weekly rotation and so much TP farming that using stamina for leveling should not be the bottle neck anymore. When there were only 40-50 characters and 5-6 events in the arena that occasionally showed up and story chapters were 20 stamina then the old timer made sense since leveling a new SS was an investment for upcoming challenges. TB 4.5 is not the same as 2.0, 3.0 or even 4.0. A change was needed to prevent players from spending all their time in MZs and 34-10 to level up all their Zs and recodes and a shorter stamina timer was just the trick. The next thing they need to change is hard mode being on a timer. It should just be an option for players when they select the stage like selecting co-op is.

8. Sean Bond

Luck really sucks, I agree on that. It's still holding me back from a lot of stuff, but you're right, in general I think they're moving (mostly) in the right direction. There's a lot more to do, they've made some of the grindier events less grindy (and less difficult in some cases), and the new stamina accumulation rate guarantees you the ability to play much more each day, should you want to. I used a bunch of metal tickets, but I also took advantage of said stamina rate, and raised Scarlet to level 90 in all 3 jobs, Lewto^ to 90, and even A'merpact to 90 in J3 (I don't have Dragon, so he has to be my go-to Icebind user in MZ7) in the space of a couple days. That's pretty great.

I still would like some of the content to be a little more accessible, but in general the changes are moving in the right direction.

9. velbonhaha

velbonhaha Active Member

It is fun to see that there are always things to complain regardless how the game changes:

stamina/5 minutes: Damn please increase the stamina cap so we can play more
    stamina/2 minutes: OMG we are wasting too much stamina right now
    Very few free characters: please MW you should provide some free characters
    More free characters added: ahhhhh why free characters are so useless?
    Shinen and Mutoh added: Damn they are so strong that this game is not fair anymore, so broken

10. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

Who is seriously complaining about this?

11. LegendaryFrog

It doesn't bother me, clearly, but I can understand the complaint. Some people like to use up their stamina and then not touch the game until much later or feel like like they accomplished their 'quota' for the day, but if it re-ups so quickly people might be 'compelled' to play more often or feel like they haven't played enough to 'keep up' with the game. You can say "Well just don't play any more than usual.", but mobile games very psychological and stamina systems are designed specifically around getting people to play as often as possible. For someone who is invested in TB this might push them to play more often in order to not 'fall behind' as it were. Now, I don't agree with that (as I mentioned I love this change), but I can certainly see how it might bother some people.

stamina/5 - Wasn't an issue originally (at least I never saw complaints about it), but now with all the constant arena events and permanent TP battles 1 per 5 minutes simply isn't enough. For 'average' players they'd have to choose between farming TP, leveling, doing an event battle and so on each day and that would mean missing out on something and MW doesn't want people to stop playing because they spent the last 2 weeks only leveling up characters and got bored. Not everyone farms hundreds of MTs.

Very few characters - I feel like this is a natural complaint for a game like this since characters is the primary form of content. Sure there are Arena Events, but each event gets you a new character. Even the TP events get you something. I wish people would complain more about the lack of story chapters...

More usless free characters - This, I think, is more of a complaint of time vs reward. If you look at the effort needed to recruit BLO vs Nia, Echo, Zael and Callista then you can see that BLO are way better than the others and are way easier to recruit and that's not even including the recodes. Zael in particular is crotchety bastard and he's not even that good. Clara is amazing, but she's also a complicated mess to recruit, but the effort is worth it. People want to be rewarded for their efforts, not just their wallets, so when we get Echo^ and she turns out to be about as good as an S or SS then it's reasonable to get upset. You can always not recruit her, but then you're missing out on content.

Shi'nen/Mutoh - I think the biggest issue with these fights was the new traps and how there weren't any ways to combat them initially. Floor traps were always in the game, but characters with levitation were always in the game as well. Even if you didn't have levitate you could co-op some of the harder stages and get through. Shi'nen and Mutoh had no such options. You either had to be very quick and very lucky or you had to wait until more options opened up. The same complaints were levied against the Dragon Kings and the lack of taps/gravity/photon damage.

It's natural to complain as nothing is perfect, except maybe MM: Fury Road, and if you want to see something change in something you love you need to speak up.

yeezus, Matthieu and Buulbi like this.
  12. Sean Bond

Good point on this one. It's understandable that you be rewarded for the $$$ you put into a F2P game, but it sucks to feel like in-game efforts aren't as important as money. Given that almost all the endgame content requires either excellent luck in pulling from PoT with free energy, or spending money pulling from PoT, overcoming some of the toughest content is more about whatever form of currency you've used than your effort. Things like the TLS event were a good step in the direction of rewarding for actual in-game effort, but the rewards didn't justify the effort outside of our need for completionism.
    I think that's still the problem. As I mentioned above, you basically have 3 options: 1) Get super lucky and get the right characters (Sayu, tappers, etc.) 2) Spend enough money to get said characters or 3) Spend insane amounts of time SBing and raising luck to eliminate things from the pool until you are guaranteed the characters you want (and your luck is high enough to get the omnicron otomos that help out).

I'm by no means a hardcore player (well, for this forum; I'm pretty hardcore in comparison to a casual mobile gamer!), but I've spent a lot of time in the game over the last couple years, and I've also spent a good amount of money on TB (relatively speaking; I'm not a whale or anything close). But since I haven't been lucky with my pulls, and haven't spent sufficient time SBing or grinding luck, I don't have what I need, and have very little means of getting it. I've gotten pretty patient about the whole issue, but that's mostly because I have a nice lineup of units that I can at least use for the vast majority of the game. I can definitely see players who have spent less time/money or have worse luck being extremely frustrated with the endgame. A large % of the characters feel "not good enough," and that can make spending time on leveling them up, or spending money on pulling pretty useless.
    I'd say it's Star Wars, personally. ;) But I get your point (and still need to watch Fury Road).

13. LegendaryFrog

Star Wars lost credit with me when the galaxy spanning, autocratic empire lost to a group of horny teens and their pet gerbils.

14. Sean Bond

I meant the first movie (A New Hope). Although you'll also never hear me say a bad word about the Ewoks. :D