BC: The Dragon Awakens

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by LegendaryFrog, Oct 20, 2016.

1. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Notes
    • Magic resistances appear to be high so physical damage is preferred. Suoh^ is important to interrupt the boss's heal.
    • The boss drops hundreds of Animata TP items per kill and there are no Metal Rocker spawns. Route A nets you 200+ Animata and Route B nets you 500+.
    • Nia J1 is a guaranteed drop on the first clear and 30% each clear after for BC II and 10% for BC I. Negotiator is NOT effective.
    • Mana Stone drops with a 30% probability. TH is effective.
    • Ice Essence and White Essence share a 30% drop rate. There is a 50/50 chance of getting either as a boss drop, but never both. Additional Essences can still be dropped in luck chests.
    • Spike (companion) drops with a 70% probability while Samatha is 30%. You can only have 2 Samathas total so sell (50k each) or fuse them (300k exp).
    • All enemies except Spike* are Dragon type but since magic damage is so heavily resisted even Bahamut^ won't make much of a difference.
    • Rascal drops with a 10% probability, Neg/Neg Pro is effective.
    Paths
    Route A is generated if you do not clear battles 1 and 2 by the end of your 3rd total turn. If you reach battle two on turn 2 or 3 you will see "if we hurry, we can find a new path". Failure to defeat all enemies will result in Route A for battle three. There is no weapon type requirement for this event.

Boss: Brushfyr
    Spawns with one Spike*, 2 Leatherwings* and 3 'rocks' that impede movement. Begins with charging Wing Gal which hits 2-3 random columns. Spike* is the priority target since it will create a barrier on adjacent allies, including the boss, that nullifies all damage. 1 or 2 Leatherwings* will spawn every other turn, but the total number of Leatherwings* will not exceed 4. Around 40% Brushfyr will begin charging and on the next turn it will cast Heal, Self and recover around 60% health, but will not use this ability twice in one battle. You can interrupt the heal by pincering with a sword unit (a single pincer with Suoh^ will work). Afterwards Brushfyr will return to using Wing Gal regardless if it heals or not. At very low health it will also use a 4 column Wing Gal that does double the normal damage, but as long the adds are dead it should be a non-threat.

BC II Chests
    a - Animata Hair x20, Coins x50
    b - Animata Hair x40, Coins x50
    c - Coins x100, Mana Stone, White Essence, Rascal*
    d - Animata Hair x450, Mana Stone, Ice Essence
    L80 - Metal Minion, Ice Essence, White Essence, 100 coins (Seriously?)
    L100 - Metal Minion, Nia, Nia O II

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Rocco, Zeroelcapo, tieuzbao and 2 others like this.
  2. Vicioustein

Vicioustein Active Member

What do you mean by "fuse them (300k exp)" ?

3. Oki

Oki Active Member

4. LegendaryFrog

Fusing them into other companions. Each Samatha is worth 300k companion experience when fused.

Yes it does. I forgot this event drops them all. I've updated the list.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Vicioustein likes this.
  5. Pookkachan

Pookkachan Member

If I fuse them will I get it back from the quest?

6. LegendaryFrog

Yes. Samatha will drop with a 30% chance as long as you don't have 2 in your companion inventory. The maximum amount of Samathas you can have at any time is 2 so if you have 2 in your inventory you won't get any more of them no matter how many times you run the event. For that reason it's best to sell or fuse them right away.

7. wes

wes Member

On my first attempt Spike* and Bushfyr got separated so I went for the taps OTK but flubbed the positioning so only got him to around 10%. Next turn he reunited with Spike* preventing all damage [besides Odin^'s guaranteed 2k] so he healed up to somewhere around 60-70%

8. LegendaryFrog

Sorry about the flub, but your sacrifice will benefit others. I've updated the description.

9. wes

wes Member

Just did it again [intentionally this time] and he healed 238,958 (65.9%) from 47,295 (13.0%)

10. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Sorry, I wrote about the heal in the chat a few days ago, but I forgot to put it somewhere in the forum: there is something in the code to prevent the heal.
    It seem you have to pincer the boss with two sword characters, or something like that.
    Need confirmation though.
    Hope it help ;)

Last things: Drops are:
    30% for the recode item
    30% for one of the two job items (so 15% each, you can't have them both on the same run)

11. LegendaryFrog

I remember the boss mentioning something about that sword thing, but I didn't know what it meant. I'm only using Suoh^ as a sword unit, so maybe it's just the one sword unit?
    ***Edit: I've just confirmed a single pincer with a sword unit (Suoh^) will interrupt the heal. A pincer with Lich^ and Jaguna^ did not interrupt the heal even with Lich's sword skills, but Suoh^ interrupted it in a single pincer on my next attempt.

I'll update the drop percentages in my post as well. I was thinking one or the other, but I wasn't sure.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  12. Tharos

Medals:
    Yes, I've just verified it in the code and can confirm your tests: at least one sword character initiating the pincer. What matters is the weapon of this character, not the skills/damage.

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  13. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

This boss seemed a lot more "fragile" compared to the first couple of bosses once you take out the Spike with the barrier. Granted I brought Gatz and PalpaZ for the taps, but it seems like I killed him each time on the first hit of a double pincer...other bosses like the last guy required an PP to ensure kill.

Lineup:
    Snaip^
    Mac
    Snaip
    PalpaZ
    GatZ
    AmiZ

Way too much DPS as it turned out and unnecessary heal with AmiZ (boss' attack barely hurt my units). Literally 5 moves that includes 1 move to kill Spike and 1 to 2 moves to kill Boss (depending whether or not he hides next to the rocks), so roughly 5 to 6 moves to finish Boss.

14. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Damn this boss is much easier than Dire Fang. The only "hard" part is positioning your units thanks to the obstacles, but that's just minor annoyances.

15. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Active Member

Thanks for the info Frog! :woot:

16. Vicioustein

Vicioustein Active Member

I ran about x20 this event after selling my 2 only Samatha otomos, I clear in every run the 2 first stage in one turn each and I see the message in stage 2 "if we hurry, we can find a new path" but still any drop of Samatha...

Is there something I'm missing up or I'm just unlucky ?

17. MIAtrix

MIAtrix New Member

In my blind run (without reading up on the boss), I brought in Gugba and Nakupi^, so I never experienced the boss's heal. I was wondering what the "catch" was for this boss since his attack was so weak.

All you really need are your strongest DPS characters and a tap character. Lined up right I killed the boss in the first turn with Bahl^, Snaip^, Koko, and BahaZ. Didn't really notice that the bosses MDEF was abnormally high. I took him down pretty easily with a magic dominant team. But Bahl and Snaip make the fight practically laughable. I actually recoded them both today and brought them up to Level 90 today using MZ7 just for farming this event.

I should easily be able to finish PoFoF this go round, plus nab those pig snouts!

18. Tharos

Medals:
    If you have an otomo (Samatha or not), you can be sure you were on route B.
    If you have an otomo, if you have 0 or 1 Samatha in your inventory, then it's only (un)luck: 30%.
    RNG is still RNG: I had 10+ streak without a single S otomo, or once 7 Yukken out of 9 runs.

19. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Active Member

Animata item drop rate from this week is awful... im getting so much 50 and 100 coins from first 4/5 chests.... -.-
    Samatha drop rate seems to be much lower too... gonna be a longer boring grind... (didnt knew that was possible -.-)

20. LegendaryFrog

I'm going to sound like the resident cynic again (because I am), but I'm pretty sure the drop % of Animata in the chests has been changed since the first week. During the first week I was constantly getting Animata in a-d chests, but during the second and third week that seemed to change noticeably. I initially brushed it off as excellent RNG the first week, but now that there's a x100 coin drop in the L80 chest I'm fairly certain MW changed the tables to reduce the speed TP was being 'cleared'.