Beat IDK With Photon Characters But Not Otomo

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by secangel, Oct 5, 2016.

1. secangel

secangel New Member

In the last 2 Gold PoT event I was lucky enough to draw Sayu and Myne; along with Edg'low I now have three Photon characters. Even though I have 6 Axion Dragon otomos, without other Graviton characters (except Edg'low) I did not attempt Resplendent Dragon King yet, thus I do not have any Holy Dragon otomo.
    Realizing that I have three Photon characters, may I know if it is possible to beat Inexorable Dragon King based on the damage from these characters and aim to farm for Primordial Dragon Z? Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance!

2. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Sayu alone is probably enough to beat IDK. With edglow and myne it should be fairly easy. If you have Schweiz/Peyrna/Mizell^ then you can probably kill in 2/3 turns easy.
    Actually it's fairly easy to beat RDK without graviton characters. There are plenty of regenercel based videos. You can check them out in the guides here.

3. secangel

secangel New Member

Thank you for your prompt reply! I do not have magic attack tappers yet, but already good to know I can deal with IDK.

I watched some regenercell based videos as well, and I do not think I can do something equal with my moving speed... so plan to wait till I obtain another Graviton character to handle this.

4. linguist

linguist Member

If you're doing IDK without any Holy Dragons, meaning all your damage is coming from Sayu, Myne and Edg'low, they'd all need to have high enough SB to ensure that all their skills fire every turn. That could cover the damage you need to deal to IDK, but you still need to live through his Axion All attacks. Sayu's anti-graviton capsules will help with that, and anyone with stackable MDEF is good. But you'll still need 2 character with regen skills to make sure that your team recovers after Axion All attack. Alternatively, if you have no charaters with regen skills, you can use 2 regen cane otomos. You'll also want a mover, Koko^ is optimal if you don't have Gego^ for CT+3 all.

Potential characters to fill the other 3 spots on your team:
    Gego^ with Mog or another otomo to boost MDEF
    Jaguna^ - Has Regan and stackable MDEF
    Koko, Levi^ or Baha^ all have stackable MDEF
    Invincible can put barrier on your whole team.
    Recoded Z mages have high HP, auto regen and auto-revive if they die.

As for RDK, with 6 Axion otomos and Edglow, you could easily put a team together that can beat RDK.
    Myne would also be in your RDK team, with an Axion otomo and always in the chain, never in the pincer.
    Z Mages or Samatha^ with Axion otomos are a ton of damage
    Regenercall monster has stackable AE that boosts MATK by 20%.
    Translation = dead RDK.

5. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

6. secangel

secangel New Member

Gego^ with Mog, Jaguna^, Levi^, Baha^, Jennish^ and Pizfer^ available. Looks like I can form a team after leveling and SBing those Photon characters.

Did not know that I can use him in this way as well! I may have over-estimated the difficulty of these dragon kings somehow.

7. linguist

linguist Member

Don't use Jennish^ on IDK, he's weak against Graviton so likely to die really easily.
    Jennish^ is good for RDK though.

8. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I used the Regenercell strat with Sam^, Gego^, Zerro^, Lewto^ and Ami^ all with Axion Dragons (only 1 evolved) and I always kill RDK with 2 turns to spare. Gego^ + Sam^ gives you plenty of time to move and Gego^ makes defeating all feathers in a single turn easy with Stealth. If you have enough to take on IDK without Holy Dragons, though, then you probably don't need to worry about RDK unless you really want a Holy Dragon for your collection which you're guaranteed to get on the first clear.

9. Z0ne

Z0ne Member

I am thinking about the same thing, if Sayu alone with Pof 100L team is doable on IDK
    Has anyone tried that yet, better without holy dragon.

10. linguist

linguist Member

Sayu and the PoF characters wont work for IDK. Most of them lack the HP and MDEF to survive Axion All attacks, even with Sayu's capsules. Direct from PoF, only Seiryu can survive IDK. Suoh^ and Cam^ could be used as fillers with Mogs, but you have to recode them first. The rest of the PoF gang are useless for IDK.

11. secangel

secangel New Member

Me coming back after one month for status update. Thanks to the community's advice, IDK turns out to be fairly easy with Edg'low, Sayu and Myne. I just realized that how much the difficulty drops once I have the "correct" characters, compared to the previous running of PDK and RDK.

= = = Below is the IDK guide which no one asked for = = =

Party Formation:
    • Edg'low J3 SB 50%: Anti-Graviton Shield, all Phonton attack skills / Mog Otomo
    • Sayu J3 SB 30%: Anti-Graviton Capsule, all Phonton attack skills / Mog Otomo
    • Myne J3 SB 15%: Anti-Graviton Shield, Impair Magic Defense / Bewitching Bow Otomo
    • Leviathan ^ SB 80%: Stackable Magic Defense +10% / Holy Dragon Otomo
    • Jaguna ^ SB 100%: Stackable Magic Defense +10% / Regen Cane Otomo
    • Gegonago ^ SB 100%: Control Time +3s, Giga Regen, Magic Attack +5% and 10% / Mog Otomo
    Edg'low's Impaire All can help to reduce the damage from IDK's Axion Balls All as well.

= = = Divider for RDK = = =

I attempted RDK as well with Edg'low and Axion Dragon Otomo for all party members, and with one turn left before RDK retreats. As now I can beat IDK, it seems RDK is of a lower priority until I can get that Primordial Dragon Z Otomo.

Once again thanks for the community's help on this!