Best setup for Scarlet

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by Sean Bond, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm assuming there's no real magic to this, but people in the forum have a better overall grasp of game theory and the available companions than I do, so I figured I'd ask.

1) Is there a particular downside to giving Scarlet all her magic attacks? I assume the DPS will be slightly lower in-pincer, but given that they also work in chain, I was thinking about using them anyway (and I know her Matk is low enough that they're worse than they should be).

2) Is there a reason to give her an otomo other than Ragnarock or a similar Tera/Peta sword? If stats were reversed I know Martial Mace would be the way to go, but...they're not.

2. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

• +10% Atack, self.
    • Terasword.
    • Gigasword.
    • Inferno / Mega sword, 1 row / Megasword.
    Against Ice or high defense and low magic defense enemies: Inferno.
    Other: Megasword / Megasword, 1 row (if horizontal pincer and there are adds to kill).

For the otomo I'd follow the same rules other physical DPSs follow.

Edited after reading the comment below.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. Loner

Loner Active Member

Megasword, 1 row is pincer only so isn't it kind of the same as Megasword in double horizontal pincers scenario? Of course I mean only for boss, the additional row would probably be better to clear some mobs around.

4. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Right, it's pincer only, my bad.

5. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

Whats wrong with OIII otomo? I was sure this character is just a average/above average dps with taps and thats it. The only gimmick is that the taps are tied to the otomo, thats the only thing unique. The unique muliplies are useless as of now.

6. Sean Bond

I assume the multipliers are there to make her low Matk still viable, but yes, they're nothing overly impressive. The otomo having taps is pretty nice, but as usual, it requires you to have a 100L team capable of farming PDK, in which case you probably have the taps you need already.

7. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

I guess my point is that Scarlet dps isnt really good enough to call her a dps character, but once you begin to think of her as second rate dps with taps, the design makes more sense. Like Gats -utility +damage and swap augment tap for debuff tap.

8. Sean Bond

Since I've never looked into this stuff, I'm using this list:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37743076/TB_DPS_Rank.pdf

Going by the list she's a pretty good DPS character, BUT Violet is better (assuming magic defense isn't high). I agree that looking at her as a jack-of-(some)trades makes sense, but leaving the taps off her feels a little cheap.

9. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

That and 3job Z makes you think... maybe one day it will be recoded to a super god tier unit, a year from now.

10. derposed

derposed Active Member

If you're going to be using Scarlet at all, it's because of her tap debuff companion. That means pure physical team, and that means pure physical skills only. Note, however, that because you have to waste her companion slot on her tap debuff companion instead of CE/peta, Shin'en is actually a better choice if you just want the tap debuff. Shin'en with a CE/peta puts out about 30% more physical damage than Scarlet with her tap debuff companion.

11. Sean Bond

Oh yeah, without a doubt. But I don't have Shin'en (or even a 2nd debuff character), so that can't even be part of my mindset right now.

12. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I just think if the nihil series as ultility sub class dps. They have really powerful skills but have adjustable sets to cover different hiccups similar to edg'low covering 4 different elements at the same time.

The luck buddy is a pretty strong advantage engine if you start combining them. 20 team luck with Senala, violet, and scarlet is 120 of the 600 a max team needs. Throw in a panda and you only need 450 across 6 units.

For scarlet, I feel her best set is not including mega sword row 1. That set of skills are the worst in the game in my book. Pincer only. On self. That alone reduces the aoe by 1/3 in most cases. Only tier 1. Give me the weak chain spell adding pp charges that I know is going to hit 100% of the time.

Sean Bond likes this.
  13. Sean Bond

Yeah, that's probably a good way to think of them. They're tough enough to fit in well in general, and have variable skills and otomos to be adaptable. And look awesome (minus the visor!!!).

14. derposed

derposed Active Member

What I find interesting is that they did the same thing with Violet & Scarlet that they did with Mutoh & Shin'en, where the "magic" one is a kick-ass mage with no real downsides, and the "physical" one is some weird hybrid thing. I'm not necessarily complaining, but Shin'en and Scarlet are most definitely not the physical equivalent of Mutoh and Violet.

15. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Shin'en at least has a super high MATK, so he can dish out some pretty decent damage with a peta magic otomo. Scarlet's MATK is so low that a peta magic otomo would be a total waste.

16. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Active Member

Because they're aware of how players judge physical DPS:

If (Bahl || S'naip || Ma'curi)
    then AWESOME
    else COMPLETE_GARBAGE

:troll:

wenify and Sean Bond like this.
  17. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

Because its Terra Battle, Mages rule Physical drool*

*Except Trinity