Bruiser Cup Team Meta Predictions

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by yeezus, Nov 1, 2016.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Place your predictions here! I think sword teams will be the dominant meta, with perhaps some spear teams mixed in.

I think the best overall sword team will be:
    • Bahl^
    • Suoh^
    • Gatz^
    • Korin^
    • Shin'en
    • Amina^

Peyrna or Reijin^ could be subbed in for CT+Augment Attack or statuses, respectively. Gego^ could also be subbed in, because Gego.

Sword teams with lots of Runes will be at a significant advantage. Sadly, I only have one. If spear teams become prevalent, Bows of Genji will be key.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet Korin^ won't be used too much. Gego^, Rejin^ or Gugba would be better options. I think if you're going for a full sword team Zuzu would be a good addition for the evasion. Although Bahl^ has the advantage over Sn'aip^ now, I still think you'll see plenty of Sn'aip^ mixed in. You're team also doesn't account for status users. Bonna^, Yukken^ and Rejin^ are all tide changers even in Bonna^ and Rejin^ were slightly balanced. A single paralyze or sleep on Bahl^ or Suoh^ and the team can fall apart pretty fast.

3. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I wouldn't count Korin^ out, especially if people opt for the no healer route. He makes the whole team tankier, and while Korin O won't be a huge advantage, it may provide just enough of an edge against similar teams without it.

I don't think Bonna^/Yukken^ will be too much of a threat due to CoC, but you might still see some S'naip^s out there... in which case, you should exterminate them immediately! Reijin^ can definitely cause some headaches, but from my experience, the nerf to gravity significantly affects his advantages in S-league. Sometimes he can be clutch, but I feel it is definitely not consistent compared with more reliable options.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  4. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

Bahl^, Suoh^, Snaip^, Snaip, Rejin^ and Gego^ would be my first choice for S league. I remember no healer is actually needed for this cup if you play wisely. I would try different teams anyway, pick one opponent at one time and outflank him is fun, I will see how Ra'prow's outflankⅡ works :) I also got a feeling Ra'prow ΟⅡwill rinse and shine (maybe I am wrong)

5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

If your opponent has Gego, outflanking a unit is a very dangerous strategy, since they could simply put S'naip^ or Bahl^ in a quad pincer in the middle of your units.

6. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

Olber^, Gugba, Bahl^, Shin'en, Mutoh, Suoh^?

7. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I don't PvP much after I get my 5 energy for making it to S league so all my strategies are focused on B/A leagues. PvP in this game can join Luck and jump into a volcano.

Korin^ makes the team tankier, but won't be able to protect against Trinity double pincers... physical damage x1.5 is simply too powerful especially if you're using an equivalent or advantaged weapon in the CoC. It will only really help against Sh'inen^ and other Korin^s and sort of Suoh^. This is also assuming you're only going up against non-spear units. Olber^ is still very powerful in this cup since people traditionally don't bring healers to Bruiser. Rap'row^ also has outflank II so if turn 3-4 is focused on taking out Gego^ then Outflank II + Trinity will be an instant kill on anyone. Gego^ can also be CC'd on turns 1-2 which makes Outflank II usable on anyone on turn 3-4. Unless you're bringing a CoC augmenter a single weapon team seems like a bad idea.

8. CulturalGeekGirl

CulturalGeekGirl Active Member

The fact that Olber has only ever had rate+ ONCE is a crime. I was sure they'd give him increased chance for this event but no, it's just stupid Bonna who got nerfed into the floor in PvP already.

I don't have him, and it's really annoying. He's the last piece of the old grand PvP puzzle I lack. You can counter him, but a player who lacks Olber^ has to get very lucky or play absolutely perfectly against an Olber player to win... if that player has any skill, anyway.

Umowoïs likes this.
  9. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

You should try your luck. I just pulled 5 effing Olber dupes trying to pull Bonna :troll: so much for rate up event :troll:

10. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

So basically if we see a Gego, take out the gego first?

And what's the proper way to play Olber^? What skills do we put on Olber^ in A rank?

11. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

I've had very good success using this team:
    Korin^
    Bahl^
    Suoh^
    Amina^
    Gego^
    Rejin^
    In fact, I finally got the achievement for 10 wins in a row.
    With the +30/20% def, +10% att and Korin O, a double pincer with Korin and your Sword teams defense goes up 110% and attack up 20%, which is definitely enough to take a hit and 1 shot most units.

Vicioustein and CulturalGeekGirl like this.
  12. Vicioustein

Vicioustein Active Member

For now this team got 14 wins in a row:
    • Suoh^ - CE
    • Gatz ^ - CE
    • Bahl ^ - CE
    • Gugba - CE
    • Gego ^ - WO
    • Ami ^ - Earth Shield
    I'm thinking to switch Ami ^ for Reijin ^ to test Augment Circle if it's efficient enough.

PS: I found how to avoid Invalid... I just say "Hi" to my opponent when the fight begin :troll:

wrongnotes likes this.
  13. Loner

Loner Active Member

May I know which companions and skill set you use?

14. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Screenshot_20161109-115606.png
    This is the setup I used, and by no means does this mean its optimal.
    Companions used: Korin O, peta weapons for Bahl and Suoh, Amina and gego used Combat shield and Spike, Rejin used celestial envoy.

If I had a companion that would revive you after dying, I would redo my setup and include Olber as those teams are the ones who always beat me!

Loner likes this.
  15. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Since everyone running swords I don't know why no one running anti bahl team.
    This PvP been one of the easiest since I just beat them all with spears.
    So many s game I have perfect win with all 6 units remaining.
    Team also easy for beginners to obtain
    Mac ce
    Suohz ce
    Odin rune
    Gegoz ct
    Amiz pacifier
    Olber wo
    With this team you get 3 heavy DPs
    While an average sword team floating around have only 2 suohz /bahl
    Every game I play I focus on bahl . Once bahl gone they only have suohz which is not much threat alone. Sooner or later they surrender.
    Only team to look out for are those lucky reijin team .

16. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

What about fitting in Kem^?