[Companion of Truth] "10 times in a row" Special Event

Discussion in 'Events' started by Christian, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Christian

Christian Active Member

During the Special Event scheduled to start from 02/10/2016 4:00 (PDT), if you recruit using the Companion of Truth "10 times in a row" option, you will receive 2 or more companion who are rank S or higher!

Don't miss this incredible opportunity to find powerful new allies with useful skills!

Share your Experience here...........

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Bow of Genji on alt, Whytewyrm Wand and Apollo on main
    It went pretty well to me: right when the event started I got 2 Energy from login bonus (reaching 30 Energy), sign that I was supposed to pull during this event... anyway, I already decided I wouldn't.

Starting from last Christmas I stopped SBing, yoloed a lot and pulled from both PoT (2/10) and CoT (1/10) some good stuff, so I though that the best thing to to was to skip this event and wait for the next PoT+... but the temptation to pull was so strong I tried using my alt: Bow of Genji and Pig's Shield.

I was so happy I found that Pig's Shield. I mean... look at it! Have the courage! Is a +50% resistance to Sleep. So awesome.

I decided then to share my happiness with the rest of the TBF Community, and, I don't know if it was because the late hour (2-3 AM) or the good stuff many players found I decided to spend my main's precious 30 Energy finding.... a Whytewyrm Wand and an Apollo :3

(yes, I know, I beat around the bush "a bit", just take it as a short story with an happy ending :3 )

EDIT: oh... apparently I also yoloed a Ragnarok :>
    Didn't you pull anything? Are you going to skip this event?

Delphes, Dantelynx and Christian like this.
  3. Christian

Christian Active Member

Pull and got candle and King Shield......waiting tomorrow to pull it again.....^_^

Dantelynx and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  4. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Are any companions actually worth spending 30 energy on ?

I mean really, really worth it ? And not just very tiny situational.

The Petra stuff can be nice in both PVE and PVP, but if that's all there is in the CoT pool, I'd rather wait for more new SS companions before gambling a full 30 energy.

5. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    tl;dr
    Well, nobody can tell if there will be ever introduced new SS companions (as nobody can tell if these will be "good" companions).
    We still miss some, like the S classes Power Elixir and the Ministop ones, but I wouldn't wait for new Companions to be released before pulling some...

TB can be completed without problems even without CoT Otomos (this because is possible to get Companions like Earth Sword, Memorial Bow and Skullsplitter by evolving low class ones you probably already pulled from CoF), so the only two reason you might want to pull from CoT are:
    1. If you are curious to know what you would get (for, you know... fun)
    2. If you already fully boosted most of your units and don't know what to do with your Energy
    Tera (S) Otomos can be evolved in Peta (SS), so you have more chances to find them; Status Companions like Dragon and King are awesome for PvP, Frog can be of help in Lamia (even if is totally unnecessary) and Demon is the perfect Otomo for those who are trying to complete PoT.

Unfortunately, as you pointed out, there are not many other good ones: White Candle (S) and Lamp (SS) are wonderful for SBing and PvP (while Whitewyrm Wand -SS- is mainly a PvP otomo), S Timeless Hourglass provides CT+2 (meh) and S Lucky Coin gives the wielder Bajanna's Coin Bonus ability; S Sun/Artic/Storm/Shadow Spirit might be useful, but Peta Companions remain the main reason to push someone to pull from CoT.

SS Staff of Poseidon and its brothers and sisters are not that good as they seem (Bewitching Bow is often more useful and, most important, cheap to max) and SS Rainbow Balloons, even if can come in handy can be easily replaced by Gegonago, Eileen and other support units. I don't have many information about SS Shield of Genji, but I don't think is a game changer equip too... the worse part is that you might also get Companions like my wonderful and totally useless S class Pig's Shield (or Orichalcum Sword, Avengers and Vigilante(s)), but there's also a bright side in all this:

First of all, this event provides you at least not 1 (like happened before) but 2 S+ class companions; it will probably come back later, so if you are not fully convinced about testing your luck now my suggestion is to wait some more time. 30 Energy are not spent for 2 (or more, if you are lucky enough) Otomos, but for 10: you'll probably find a lot of "junk", like A classes Fiery Karma or Punishers, but you can also find several good ones, like Astral Hourglass (A class, CT+1), Musical Note (A class, Freq+10%, equip), Demon's Chronicles (A class, Death) and Scaling Sword (A class, ATK+50).

Silver Sword (B class) and Lunar Bow (A class) are 2 other good otomos which can be obtained even without spending Energy (and that can come in handy in WC and some low level stages), but finding enough Metal Minions for upgrading their "previous versions" will cost you time (and this speech is also valid for both Demon's Chronicle and Scaling Sword I already listed): those who get the most from CoT pulls are probably novices with few S+ class units, while long time players should get them mainly because want to have an easier time in PvP or just like to collect stuff.

Delphes and Christian like this.
  6. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

A couple of months ago I started SBing like mad. I will be done with A/B characters from PoT in 2-3 weeks so spending energy on PoT during events "2/10" is pointless for me. Therefore, I decided to test my luck in CoT. Got Bow of Genji and Storm Spirit. I think I should consider this pull lucky because there aren't many useful S/SS companions in CoT.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  7. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Nice post Mitsuki.
    I guess reality is that 30 energy is too much for the current worth of available companions.

I'm sure they'll add some badass Z companions later on though, so it might be more efficient to gamble when that time comes.

For now, I'd rather get actual PoT character dupes since they at least add up SB%.

La Lumière and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  8. Harpuia

Harpuia Member

2 pulls that made my day: Shield of Genji and Rune!

9. tbowlo

tbowlo Member

Pulled 3 times, only thing of note is Demon... I guess it's better than nothing? Quite disappointed :(

10. Sassmaster9001

Sassmaster9001 Member

yolo'd.......instant regret.
    miasma blade, golem's fan, dragon's chronicle, hiso's talisman, 2 faerie's shields as my S pulls (WHY 2!!! *SOBBING), and 4 things i already have several of (silver spear, bow, mystical shield, and inferno rod)

*sobs quietly in the corner.

at least i still have 25 nrg left, from 55.

11. Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers Active Member

I pulled 2 more White Lamps :D make it 4 now, the only SS Companions i get :D

12. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

I drew Staff of Zeus and Sun Spirit. I didn't have either one of them before so I'm satisfied.

13. Brou

Brou Member

Got 2 SS and 1 S this time, White Lamp, Whitewyrm Wand and Shooting Star. Good companions imo. SS very useful for SBing.
    I'd say : if you have more than 100 energies, go for it !

14. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

White Lamp / White Candle / Staff of Apollo / Ragnarok / Faerie / Ribbon. :p

15. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Icy Vigilante*, Faerie*
    Bow of Genji, Pig*
    Hiso*, Whitewyrm Wand*

5*/6 that I didn't have before, so pretty good overall.

16. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Hmm...so all my S+ pulls so far:
    Whitewyrm Wand
    White Lamp
    Ragnarok
    Rune
    Bow of Genji x2
    Staff of Zeus

Pig
    Faerie
    Hiso Alien
    Pig's Shield
    Golem's Shield
    Orichalum Rod
    Arctic Spirit
    Icy Vigilante
    Dark Vigilante

16 S/SS and only 1 dupe. Can anyone else share their history of pulls? I'm wondering if there's any special logic that favours giving you CoT buddies that you don't already have...otherwise I just got lucky with only 1 dupe so far.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  17. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

You are definitely lucky.
    2x Rune
    2x Bow of Gengi
    2x Rainbow Balloon
    3x Ribbon
    Unique SS White Lamp, Whitewyrm Wand, Staff of Posiedon
    And most S pulls are dupes too! 3x Hiso and ton of shields :p

18. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

SS :
    - White Lamp
    - Ragnarok x2
    - Rune x2
    - Bow of Genji x2
    - Staff of Apollo x3
    - Staff of Poseidon
    - Staff of Chaos
    - Rainbow Balloons
    - Shield of Gengji x2
    - Ribbon x3
    S:
    - White Candle
    - Rat
    - Blood Blade
    - Pig
    - Faerie x3
    - King x2
    - Hiso's Shield
    - Crystalline Shield
    - Luminous Shield
    - Sun Spirit x2
    - Arctic Spirit
    - Storm Spirit
    - Shooting Star
    - Musical Chord
    - Fiery Vigilante
    - Icy Vigilante
    - Dark Vigilante

Gotta catch em all huh. c:

19. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Nice collection. You got your account back? :)

20. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

my pulls from events are:

SS:

Ragnarok
    Bow of Genji
    Rune
    Kiss bottle x3 :hilarious:
    Staff of Apollo
    Staff of Poseidon
    White lamp

S: