Damage Calculation & Ranking Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by derposed, Aug 7, 2016.

1. derposed

derposed Active Member

Steady double means two pincers to stack buffs the turn before, and two pincers the turn of, with that character leading the 2nd pincer. Bahl Λ would do a total of 23k for both pincers combined (cross cleave activates on chain), and a Z mage would do 11k combined. Yes, Bahl Λ really is that obscenely strong.

2. derposed

derposed Active Member

Updated with new characters and companions for 4.4.0.

I moved pincer peta weapon companions to the "farmable" category since two have been in the trading post and the chain peta weapon companions outclass them completely. CE vs pincer peta is still a meaningful comparison to make for most players. Likewise I made the fire & ice tera magic companions farmable, since they come from Leviathan and Bahamut Recoded battles.

As for the new characters, Invincible Λ is really strong, especially considering he is a "free" 100 SB and 100 L unit, and Senala Λ is the new goddess destruction.

3. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm pretty excited if Invinci is that strong, especially given how tanky the unit is now. Even before adding an elemental shield, the thing can take a hit like nobody else (Aerial Shield + DEF buff).

Actually, what is the ideal otomo for Invinci at this point? Magical bow? Martial mace?

4. derposed

derposed Active Member

Invincible Λ is almost entirely magical damage no matter how you set him up. His optimal skill setup is Transcendence, Ultima, Trance, Trance, with a B. Bow or Schweiz Bow for steady double pincers or a ADZ/HDZ/peta-magic for 6-tap double. Obviously take off one of the Trances if you want to put on Aerial Shield.

Sean Bond likes this.
  5. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Bewitched bow, that's what I meant. That's what I've been running him with, just wasn't sure if the physical attack portion of a couple of his attacks would change calculations.

6. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

By the way: did you calculate 6 tap with both: magical and physical?
    Invincible^ is only stronger than Snaip^ with Schweiz and Peyrna as tappers, it does not work with Palpa^/Gatz^/Mizell^ (only physical or magical)

7. derposed

derposed Active Member

Yes, the tap data assumes both physical and magical taps.

8. vicenturi

vicenturi Member

This is great, thanks!

I will like to know if It's possible to calculate with this spreadsheet the damage of the first pincer in steady double and 3 taps. It can be helpful to players like me that are still waiting for the second taper.

Maybe is ask too much but I have to try ;)
    Thanks again

doodootron likes this.
  9. derposed

derposed Active Member

More pincer options is something on the to-do list, and winter vacation time is coming up so I should have some free time to work on it. We'll see what I can get done.

vicenturi likes this.
  10. derposed

derposed Active Member

Updated with 4.5.0 characters and level cap selection (25/35/45/65/90).