Distilled Mutoh details?

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

If you swap Schweiz with Ami^/Nazuna^, you can use the extend chain method for the guaranteed final pincer.

2. Ael

Ael Active Member

More interresting to have Annu than Schweiz ? I suppose for the higher MATK :)

In the video before, with PP strat they use a triple pince durign the fight. I suppose it not oblige, and I just have to check the Mutoh life to burst her when she reach 780k HP ?

Ph B likes this.
  3. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

The treshold for burst is 660k hp. I think a triple pincer or extend chain pincer is mandatory to avoid twister phase.

4. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

The final triple pincer is necessary for the win, which is why the extend chain strategy is recommended to guarantee the crucial final triple pincer.

5. Rydia

Rydia The GRRM of TBF Staff Member

Medals:
    Hi guys!!!!

I finally decided to try Mutoh a couple of days ago and I found that since I dont have Senala or 5 Grand Petas the only way to kill mutoh for me was "hoping" the staves will allow me to triple pincer her the 2nd time she summoned them.

Sooooo since I have such a bad RNG and I didnt wanted to depend on the stupid staves I have been doing some test and I developed my own method to kill Mutoh. It uses the extended chain strategy but using different characters to get a mix of physical and magical DMG.

The best of doing Mutoh this way is that you can always triple pincer to kill her due to Nazuna extended chain skill and that it doesnt require Senala or any specific otomos (grand petas), with 6 HolyZ is perfectly doable :3

I must say I did several runs and the system works well and is reliable. I did most of my test runs using a Grand Ragnarok on Gatz (my only Grand) but I did a couple with a HolyZ on him to test and works fine ^^

Bad part is that you dont have any extra CT, you can use Nazuna with stealth CT+2 to move or Schweiz with CT+4, but no extra seconds because no gego.

Rydia's alternative way to kill mutoh ^^

The team:

[​IMG]

All are equiped with HolyZ, but if you want you can also put a Grand Peta in Gatz. If you have a Kiss Bottle and you want to use it you can place it in Schweiz instead of the HolyZ, you will lose some DPS tho. I dont own any so I only tested this once (putting nothing in Schweiz as a place holder) but she died from a burst done at 670k hp.

Little explanation and video :D

Each turn avoid her attacks and try to kill staves or deplete her hp if you cant. If for some reason you cant pincer during the border phase or cant kill 2nd stave on 2nd turn is fine too. You can try next turn.

Turn 1 --> Kill first stave. Mutoh does Row attack.
    Turn 2 --> Kill second stave. Mutoh does Column attack.
    Turn 3 --> Pincer her (if you can). Mutoh does border attack.
    Turn 4 --> Pincer her. Try to setup your units/PP in a good place. Mutoh summon staves.
    Turn 5 --> Kill the staves. Try to chain Sayu to kill 2 of them if you can. Gatz + Myne can kill other one. Use the PP and + 2 taps on Gatz (if you think you need them). Extend chain is very useful here. This is probably the harder turn. If you cant kill the 3 of them, try to kill 2 and leave the last one untouched, you might can kill it next turn. Mutoh moves.

From here she will just repeat the pattern: Row/Column/Border/Staves

Keep depleting her HP until she is about 670k. You can use the PP as long as you are sure you will have 1 PP for the final burst. Also you can use 2 physical taps on gatz if you didnt use them already on the staves. Usually you will kill her before the 2nd staves wave shows up. Also if you are fine on turns, you can use one without pincer her to setup your units before the triple final pincer ^:^

Once she is at the HP limit use all your taps and triple pincer her as it show in the video.

- Single Pincer with Nazuna/Schweiz.
    - Double pincer with Myne/Sayu in one side and Annu/Gatz on the other side.
    - PP must be in a corner conecting Nazuna with Myne/Sayu side.

Now she is dead :love:
    :love::love:

Profit!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Bad_Alchemy, Zyron and Claywtf like this.
  6. Claywtf

Claywtf Member

The strategy is great, but your team is lacking in the luck department. And without the higher Mutoh drop chance from using kiss bottle, getting Mutoh to 100 luck will take long.

7. Rydia

Medals:
    I dont have a kiss bottle. I though about doing some test without companion in Schweiz to "simulate" the kiss bottle. But since I have others things to do today and not sure if I will have time to test it I decided to share the method already so people can start using it if they want and edit the post later with more info ^^

Anyway I think is probably doable with a kiss bottle on schweiz, but the run will be harder and you are losing...13? 15? K of dmg on the final burst so will need to get closer to the limit for a safe kill

8. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I wonder if you could switch Gatz with Gego, or is the extra Augment Attack key? Doesn't seem like it would be, since you said it still works if Gatz is using a Holy Z.

Rydia likes this.
  9. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

80 Luck is plenty for consistent drops.

10. Rydia

Medals:
    The extra attack is key. I was short when using Gego (I wasnt using this exact setup tho), he really only brings extra CT to the run. Gatz brings levi and a really good amount of DPS, not only from the extra tap but also for his own dps/skills. Also the extra tap works over other chars physical skills like Nazuna and Schweiz. The 2 free taps are good for staves. Notice im not bringing any equip atk skill, no needed bc i reach the atk cap with gatz tap so i can add all physical skills The grand/holy doesnt change that much, but Gego is different.

Anyway I havent tried Gego with this skill setup so I cant be sure.You can try with him or I can test it again in a few days when I have some free time. But I think Gatz damage is more desirable. At least for me,

11. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I don't have Myne to do this method. I tried this method previously with Sayu, Edg'low, Mizell^, Schweiz, Amina, and Gego and fell slightly short.

People told me if I had Myne instead of Edg'low then it would be doable, which is why I think you could probably switch Gatz with Gego for an easier time :)

12. Rydia

Medals:
    Really? I think I tried that team you said first and it didnt work for me, cant be totally sure I tried a lot of different things but I couldnt find a single Extend Chain video method that werent using Senala. To be honest is not like I searched a lot xD I asked in chat and looked the last pages of this thread, all the videos started with Senala or relied in the staves. Asked in chat and people told me there was no guaranteed method unless you had Senala.

....so yeah I really only watched PM's normal Mutoh video xDDDDDDDDDDD

Ill try that team you said. Would make the runs way easier if can work. Why Amina over Nazuna?

13. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Because I don't have Nazuna :p

Nazuna has higher MATK which is good, but Amina has all of her healing skills, which means you have some flexibility with keeping a staff alive. If it can be done with Amina, I think it would be more brainless.

14. Rydia

Medals:
    Just tested with

Double Pincer: Sayu/Myne - Annu/Mizell,
    Single: Nazuna/Gego

Was 70k short on dmg from a 680k burst so is not doable with that team. I tried again with gego next to mizell in the double pincer and Annu in the single one to see if that made a change and got 70k short on DMG from a burst of 690k.

I could try again using Schweiz instead of Annu but he has less MATK than her and with only 3 physical taps I dont think im getting 50k of dmg out of his physical skills.

So yeah the Gego team doesnt work for me :/

Im not even trying Amina bc if Nazuna doesnt work Amina will work less xD

Just for your info my normal setup but with gego instead of Gatz doesnt work either, at least with gego in the double pincer...40k short dmg ^^U, I really tried a lot of different setup yesterday i really didnt keep track of them i should have done hahaahhaha.

But yeah the one with Gatz is really reliable in DMG, only downside is you need to move fast.

15. Claywtf

Claywtf Member

This strategy relies less on the randomly spawning staves, but more on quick hand movement and perfect unit positioning for the final pincer.

If Nazuna ^ had + 4 sec control time, this method would be perfectly fine for me.

16. Rydia

Medals:
    Yup it rely more in the player skill than in RNG so is not really a strat "for everybody", Im not specially skilled so I totally understand your point I'm aware is hard to play but for me is less frustrating bc I know that if I play it correctly I can finish most of the runs.
    Honestly the harder part is the first staves summon that sometimes can be hard. So at least if I fail the run I fail it at the 4th turn not at the 8. Because playing a boss just "hoping" that after 8 turns you can get one mob in a perfect place that allows you to kill her...is....well...xDDDDD

Or in words of my favorite poet:

Turning player's happiness into hateness.

After that is just good positioning and playing. First runs are worse until you get used to your party damages and the time to move but it get easier after some tries.

I got some time and I did a test using "nothing" on Schweiz so if you have a kiss bottle you can put it there ^^ (Ill edit the main post now)
    The DPS is lower so not sure how much you have to deplete her but worked well in my run (I only have run this once, so cant tell you how close you have to get to the limit HP). You can see the video here:

Terra-Em and Claywtf like this.
  17. Ael

Ael Active Member

Finalement j'ai trouvé mon équipe optimale :) C'est en gros l'équipe optimale d'ailleurs à ce qu'il me semble.
    2017-06-18 07.10.38.png

Juste encore un peu de mal à bien jauger les dégats que font les différentes configurations de pinces, qui amène quelques S/l et des erreurs de mouvements (genre oublier le border) et ça passe comme dans du beurre. Le twister ward de mizel aide bien à rattraper un coup fatal qui n'a pas été fatal ^^°

I was thinking to be in the french forum. Same in english : I founded my perfect team which should be the perfect team ;)

I still have difficulties to estimate how much dammage I will make, depending of the type of pince (double, triple, with or without bomb, with hop or not). And sometimes, I miss moves or forget the border attack. In other case, it's easy to kill her :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Rydia likes this.
  18. Rydia

Medals:
    Please dont speak Spanish on the general forums :3

Go to the Spanish section for that :3

Taco taco burrito.. Taco

19. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Congrats and felicitaciones in turning Mutoh's happiness into hateness! That's the true goal of TB.

Rydia likes this.
  20. Rydia

Medals:
    Thank you xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I knew you would like that reference xDDDDDDD

I should farm her xD I lost interest as soon as i figured how to kill her ^^U XD
    (actually the time i had i have been investing in my alt)

Sean Bond likes this.