Distilled Mutoh details?

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. James

James Active Member

Yeah—my thought was that if Otomos or skills allowed for entering the twister phase at a comfortable point, cleaning up twisters and recovering levitation, it would then be easy to put her in range for a two-pincer clear for a wider range of teams within as few as one or two turns (IIRC, her one-shot skill is at 20%). So not really much of a delay or grind. But Kem OII doesn't seem equal to the task so I was curious if I'd missed part of the idea.

Congratulations! Did the stage become enjoyable once you got into the swing of things, or did it remain a grind? I guess Mizell^ is an option I can seriously consider, but collecting her helixes necessarily puts me into timed hard mode. But then I can also farm some more Temporal Helixes as well...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Shonen07

Shonen07 New Member

Someone has tried with physical team since Bahl^ and snaip was released?

3. Tsukeyo

Tsukeyo New Member

enjoyable is the wrong word...easier and satisfactory is more like it ^^ and you dont need mizell, its just a little bit easier with her

i tried it once now with a full physical...i couldnt check the 6tap dmg, but a normal double pincer dealt 66k..about the same a holy team deals..so a final double pincer with 6 boost taps and 3 -def taps will probably deal more than a holy team, there is one big issue though and that is the staves...they are a bitch to kill with a physical team and you lack healers to survive a prolonged beating, but i will try again once i can spare the stamina^^

physical team i tried with: snaip^, gatz^, Bahl^, shinen^, Suoh^, Schweiz ( 2 Peta, 3 CE, 1 Healing Rod)

4. Shonen07

Shonen07 New Member

I tried with shuo^ bahl^ snaip^ palpa^ gatz ^ shinen.
    À triple pincer with CE did 440k damage. It wasn't enough. And i can't kill the add before turn 5. The atk and def buff on the adds didn't allow to kill them, and for sur they One shot my units

5. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

What the...that's double taps with Bahl^ and Snaip^ right? What are your units' levels? Looks like plenty of firepower to me.

6. derposed

derposed Well-Known Member

Shin'en takes triple damage from physical, so you need a lot more to take down Mutoh.

7. Shonen07

Shonen07 New Member

All was lvl 90 and 100SB. 1 double chain before to stack the 1.5x buff and then à triple to buff bahl^ 3 Times.

8. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Physical is not enough to beat Mutoh without a strange capsule set up using Olber and Sayu. Shin en takes 3x physical damage so he should not be your reference unless you divide 900k by 3. 660k in one turn with physical might require a quad pincer or more to come close. For now just accept Mutoh with reduced rng is a set team of 6 with 1 flex option. Mizell^ most likely wants rainbow balloons so she can move across spikes if you can't burst Mutoh 100% every time.

9. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Rainbow balloon won't help as Mutoh will dispel levitation after summoning twisters. Mizell does help when you need couple of single pincers to finish off Mutoh. I have not needed s/l last 7 runs. So once you get comfortable it isn't too bad (with the ideal photon team ofcourse :troll:).

10. Ylumenas

Ylumenas New Member

Can you swap in Beau'ne for edglow? As mutoh is immune to mdef impair, she only has 472 matk which is 10 less than edge.

11. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Beau'ne has a 10.9x multiplier vs 12x for Edg'low in a double pincer in addition to the 10 MATK difference, so you will take a bit of a DPS hit with that sub.

12. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

@Person Man What team is required for an Olber/Sayu setup?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  13. Ylumenas

Ylumenas New Member

Thanks yeezus, right she only gets 2.4 on the 2nd pincer :s. Boy that counter on J3 hurts lol

14. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

She doesn't get 2.4 on the second pincer—she gets 0! The fact that her skills are pincer only hurts much more than the J3 counter. She has no utility and has the worst photon DPS, which is why she isn't even on top Mutoh teams.

15. Person Man

Medals:
    Oh right we went over this before. There's no equip for that skill. It's only chain.

Theory crafting. It's must likely not possible since you are required to stack 2 different types of capsules high enough in 2 turns on the dispel, have a twister ward with levitation, and enough damage to make it meaningful to run. It would look better if we had anti gravity buddies. I don't think there's a levitation all with twister ward either.

16. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Hopefully they make her more accessible at some point in the future. It really is a shame that the answer to Mutoh is "have all of the rarest characters in the game." At least Shin'en has some flexibility with team setup and only requires 1 rare character.

17. Person Man

Medals:
    As jeba and myself have said, after you have the cast, practice makes things much easier. Every so often you get a bad string of rng, but Mutoh is one of the strongest in the gave and "farmable."

18. thorowitzm

thorowitzm New Member

It seems that having Mizell^ wouldn't help much..
    I just saw this video on youtube ()
    Non-elemental magic does 0 damage to Mutoh, which makes Mizell^ basically same as Peyrna.
    (Although her high MATK will increase companion damage done)

19. Person Man

Medals:
    Mizell^ helps by not healing Mutoh for +20k on the final burst. Most times you are required to use Gego on the off pincer which puts Peryna on Mutoh, healing her. This should allow you a better kill range.

I'm going to make a screenshot/write up on handling "RNG" during the fight. The quick summary for my team is:
    The above pincer but with a better movement path.
    Kill the extra staff on a vertical pincer.
    First RNG: Avoid pincering her to stay away from the borders. Or pincer. All pincers unless otherwise stated will be Myne/Schweiz with Edglow/Gego/Sayu/Peryna unless otherwise stated.
    Pincer again.
    Second RNG: Kill staffs. Myne+Edglow double tap Myne PP kills staff, no RNG. Gego+Sayu PP single Myne Tap kills no RNG. Knowing this information, you can line up Gego/Sayu/Schweiz/Peryna with a PP and single tap to kill 2 staffs, and Myne/Edglow will kill the third staff. If possible, pincer Mutoh with good RNG.

Bridge point 1:
    Normal all staffs killed: Pincer horizontal
    Check HP: HP - 660,000 = X
    X > 885,000 pincer vertical, pincer avoid borders, pincer
    X > 810,000 pincer vertical, avoid borders stack in a 3x2 column next to Mutoh, pincer use Peryna or Schweiz to move
    X> 735,000 pincer Peryna Gego only vertical make sure others don't get hit, avoid borders stack in a 3x2 column next to Mutoh, pincer use Peryna or Schweiz to move
    Adjusting pincers
    Normal pincer ~75k
    No Sayu ~55k
    No Sayu/Edglow ~40k
    No Myne in pincer next to Mutoh ~65k
    No Myne in pincer away from Mutoh ~60k
    Gego/Peryna ~4k

Use these adjustments on the first and second pincers. Aim for the last pincer to be normal so you have the double CT buff from Gego for the last turn.

Final RNG: Staffs not lined up. Check HP. If <670,000, avoid Myne and Sayu AoE hitting Mutoh. Use Edglow, Myne, Schweiz, Peryne, and Gego to kill staffs that would hit Mutoh with Sayu's column, bombs, etc and watch out for Myne's ring/area 1. Usually each aoe is going to do 1k-2k damage to Mutoh. Use the saved Myne taps and a PP to kill 2 staffs. Aim lining up on the walls to draw the final staff into a position that Mutoh might line up for. With 1 staff left, line all units on the bottom or top of the screen. Put Sayu/Myne/Edglow on one side, Gego/Peryna/Scwheiz on the other. Mutoh will move to your party followed by the staff. Put the damaged units in the middle of their group of three and Mutoh has a 50% chance to protect them. The staff will line up itself to allow a triple pincer kill.
    Staffs lined up. Tap and kill with the 3 holy units on the same side. Gego as mover your upper RNG range on HP is ~679k with ~675k being the safe zone. Peryna mover, you get about 10k-15k extra HP buff.

TriggerHurt likes this.
  20. thorowitzm

thorowitzm New Member

Fot those who have farmed Mutoh to 100L
    I have a question.
    Did you do it with a Kiss bottle otomo equipped? Or just grinded through the 50% recruit rate?
    I dont have a Kiss bottle, but I'm gonna pull with my CoT tickets when the next guaranteed 2 S event is on, and hoping to get one.

Now, with a Kiss bottle, who would you recommend equipping it?
    I'm thinking of Schweiz cause he has the lowest MATK.

Any advice?