Distilled Mutoh details?

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

That's awesome that Ella^ is a viable substitute! That means you don't even need a Kiss Bottle anymore!

2. Ant.

Ant. Member

I just pulled Beau'ne yesterday. I have Gegonago, Schweiz, Peyrna, Sayu, Beau'ne and Myne, except Edg'low.
    Don't know if I am now possible to beat Mutoh.....any advice?

3. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

Of cause you could, however, it's better to have 5 Holy Z.
    I've used the same team to farm Mutoh to 100L.

some advice:
    • add skill 'agument attack' for Peyrna, add skill 'impair defense' for Myne as well, in last triple pincer turn, Scheiwiz and Myne could do more physical damages.
    • use Beau'ne Job 3
    • add 'mag+10% adj' for Gego, in last triple pincer turn, place Sayu, Myne and Geo in triple pincer side, and make Sayu besides Gego.
    • bring 'kiss bottle' in Scheweiz, he has the lowest MATK.
    • The DPS is far enough, I even beat Mutoh once with the PP is trigger in the 2nd pincer in last triple pincer turn.

4. BambY

BambY Active Member

I have a problem with mutoh farming, not about DPS, this is good ...
    but 90% of the time the adds are far from mutoh, making the 3 pincers impossible and S/L needed...
    thus I need more than 20/30 mins per kill .... Is there is something I am missing ?

5. Tsukeyo

Tsukeyo New Member

i have posted this before, but you can try to "lead" the adds to mutoh, the best way of doing that is to keep one or 2 of them alive and line all your characters along one wall or better yet into one corner, try not to leave any spaces open between your own characters and pay attention to mutohs position or she kills some of your units...7 times out of 10 they line up correctly if you do that

the other option is to go for another spawn-round...its hard to keep mutoh on the hp threshhold though, without losing your levitation..this option is best if you have mutoh around 690k hp, so you still have some dmg left without pushing her over

6. Loner

Loner Active Member

Can you give me more details about this? A record run or some pictures would really help. Cause now I have a Grand Ragnarok, two Grand Runes and two Peyrna Swords, so maybe I will sub in a CE and try to see if I can beat her with physical route :D

7. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    doodootron, Pal, Hayden and 2 others like this.
  8. Loner

Loner Active Member

Will it work with Edg'low in place of Myne? Edg'low has higher multiply in chain but Myne has more in pincer, and then in the videos Myne was always in the pincer. Guess I should wait more til I get Myne. Maybe if I'm lucky and even get Sayu, then I can also try this method. Thanks :D

9. linguist

linguist Member

Been talking about Mutoh tricks with Atre324 the last few days, and I made a vid of a trick we've been using to get additional chances for the triple pincer.

Basically, you want to create a wall with your team that Mutoh will push up against or move through without creating a pincer opportunity to any remaining staves. That way the staves have to move in for their AE, and if you're lucky they'll give you a triple pincer. This works best against an edge and when only 1 staff is left alive. When 2 staffs remain, the first uses its AE which messed up your wall and the second staff can then pincer and kill one of your characters that just got hit by the first staff.

Hope it helps!

doodootron, Hayden and freelame like this.
  10. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

I did try "Physical" Mutoh few days ago with Bahl Λ / S'naip Λ / Suoh Λ / Schweiz / Gatz Λ / Gego Λ ( 3xCE / Grand Rune & Grand Ragnarok / 1x HDZ ) did not go well and kinda gave up after a few S/Ls. But after watching @Silver Mitsuki 's link i think that going with a mix Physical and Holy team might be a good way to down her, might try something similar when i'll have time. o:

11. kuhaku

kuhaku Member

Mixed definitely seems like the way to go right now, if you want to avoid running a magic team fully reliant on a lucky triple-pincer. Unable and unwilling to bother with that route, I've been stuck on Mutoh for almost half a year now and took Mitsuki's videos to think about that new approach, after previously failing experiments with physical teams + Sayu. Fully physical doesn't seem to be possible until we get either Macuri^ or/and a level cap raise. To my rejoice, I was actually finally able to kill her with a mixed team of:

Bahl^ - Grand Ragnarok
    Gatz^ - Peyrna Sword (running Levitate Self & All)
    Schweiz - Holy Z
    Snaip^ - Grand Ragnarok
    Sayu - Holy Z
    Myne - Holy Z

finally.jpg

Clean double pincer with all taps for the killing move. Didn't even do the lateral pincer, which would've been favorable for Bahl in hindsight. The difference here really seems to be the extra Photon damage from Myne, as well as the Defense debuff. Sadly so, even this method seems to rely on a bunch of things:

- The basic requirements aren't exactly (much) lower than most other teams. Sayu, Schweiz and Myne, 2-3 chainable Peta-Weapons, 2-3 Holy DragonZ and ultimately ideally a Kiss Bottle for subsequent runs.
    - I felt like Myne might be interchangeable with Edglow or even Senala^, but the results of those experiments were disheartening to say the least.
    - Mutoh's HP being near the Twister threshold at approx. 700-670k. So once again it's necessary to count HP and become familiar with roughly how much HP what kind of pincers and double pincers shave off from her.
    - A double pincer before the burst move to charge up two stacks of buffs for Bahl & Snaip. If you got to HP count on that turn and are left with a difficult amount, this is luckily a bit easier to ensure than the full magic route, since Sayu doesn't need to charge up any stacks and you can actually leave her out of the penultimate pincer, if she would deal too much damage.
    - Surviving the round with the resummoned and enhanced staves. Since like pretty much all other strategies you're only able to kill one staff on turn 1, the other WILL heavily wound 2-3 units. And given the pure offense nature of this team, there's no healing whatsoever available. As such you're pretty much forced to OHKO all 3 staves when they're resummoned to prevent any casualties, which once again brings back RNG to these attempts. Some formations are just impossible to OHKO and since Sayu doesn't use Mog, even with the necessary PP on the staff killing turn she might fail to completely kill off a staff depending on formation & bombs. So it's still HP counting AND RNG, both factors which I absolutely dread about this boss.

Finally, the extra damage from Schweiz' Holy Dragon Z. After my first successful attempt, I've yet to successfully recreate it with Schweiz running a Kiss Bottle. While one puny dragon doesn't sound like much, its absence becomes awfully noticable on both the staff killing turn and the burst kill. It seems like Gatz also has to upgrade to another Grand Weapon (if the DPS charts aren't lying to me that should be better than Peyrna buff for 6tap double?) and there's even less leeway with how far away Mutoh's HP are allowed to be from the Twister trigger.

So at the end of the day I'm sort of happy for the kill, but actually farming Mutoh still remains a huge bother I can barely motivate myself to do for longer than a few attempts each time. I doubt she was ever designed to be fun, but something about her defense multipliers remains ridiculous when we're living in times where Shinen can be killed on turn 2 from almost a million HP. In a warped way it might feel less bothersome to just SB and LB her the regular way.

12. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    There is a pure physical kill on Mutoh, but it used I believe 5 grand weapons. It's nice to see the grand weapons are opening up a few more options though. They're not really that difficult to obtain either. I'm sure if someone was at the point of the game they wanted to unlock Mutoh and had the physical team, a few weeks of BLO 1 with 100 luck teams would do the job. At 8% ticket drops with 1/20 pull rates, that's 18750 stamina. That's a lot of farming, but Mutoh is just that good. BLO are roughly 5000 stamina to 100 luck. Triple that for obtaining the second best mage in the game seems like a decent trade.

ElCorintio likes this.
  13. ElCorintio

ElCorintio New Member

What is best place to farm CT? Shin'en or BLO?

14. Person Man

Medals:
    We're still collecting data but the difference appears to be minor.

ElCorintio likes this.
  15. atre324

atre324 Active Member

Speaking of data, here's what I recorded during my last 113 Mutoh runs. Starting out my team luck was around 34.5L, by the time I was done it was around 38.5. On average, my team gained .128 luck per battle.

A box - dropped 100% of the time (113)
    Dark Ring - 13 - 11.5%
    White Ring - 13 - 11.5%
    Green Ring - 9 - 8.0%
    Ice Ring - 14 - 12.4%
    Fire Ring - 12 - 10.6%
    Ltng Ring - 9 - 8.0%
    Graviton Ring - 8 - 7.1%
    Photon Ring - 9 - 8.0%
    Metal Ticket - 8 - 7.1%
    Fellowship Ticket - 13 - 11.5%
    Companion Ticket - 5 - 4.4%

B box - dropped 55.8% of the time (63)
    Dark Ring - 4 - 6.3%
    White Ring - 7 - 11.1%
    Ice Ring - 3 - 4.8%
    Fire Ring - 5 - 7.9%
    Ltng Ring - 5 - 7.9%
    Green Ring - 5 - 7.9%
    Graviton Ring - 8 - 12.7%
    Photon Ring - 6 - 9.5%
    Fellowship Ticket - 4 - 6.3%
    Metal Ticket - 4 - 6.3%
    Companion Ticket - 11 - 17.5%

C box - dropped 24.8% of the time (28)
    Aegis - 7 - 25%
    Golden Minion^ - 3 - 10.7%
    Glassy Minion^ - 6 - 21.4%
    3k Coins - 10 - 35.7%

D box - dropped 12.4% of the time (14 times)
    Mutoh^ - 14 - 100%

Some observations:
    1. 30L is enough to guarantee the A box 100% of the time. I noticed that as my team luck approached 40, I went from getting the B box 60% of the time, to nearly 70-75%. I would guess that 40-50L is enough to mostly assure the B box-- but I don't believe B/C/D can be guaranteed drops the same way A can. I would guess that it's a linear progression to 100 with each of the boxes but I'd say the following is a fair assumption: 30L to get A all the time, 50L to get B nearly all the time, 70L to get C most of the time, and 80-90L to get D often.

2. I am not entirely sure if you have the percent chances listed above to get each item in a particular box, or if it's a 70-75% chance to get a ring (and then it rolls again to determine what ring) and a 25-30% chance to get some sort of ticket. I'm not even sure how you'd test that.

3. In my experience-- and this could just be anecdotal- but I got CoT tickets from B box FAR more often than A. Overall CoT rate was 14.2%, including one or two double ticket drop runs.

4. Because of #1 and #3 above, to effectively farm CoT tickets from Mutoh you'd ideally want a team with at least 40-50L. You can certainly farm them at 30-35L like I did but you want to try to get A and B boxes as often as possible to give yourself 2 chances at a ticket per run.

16. Person Man

Medals:
    B are guaranteed once you hit 100 luck for sure. However at 76.5 luck, you can fail to get a B chest.

17. atre324

atre324 Active Member

I seem to recall some other fight where I've had 100L but not gotten the B box. Is it possible it just becomes a 99% drop rate?

In any event, if someone has a 50-60L mutoh team and would like to test their B box drop rate, that would be super helpful

18. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

For BLO, is there a difference in CT drops between 1, 2, and 3?

19. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

But both Edg'low and Senala^ have higher photon multipliers... I wonder if it's because Myne also has physical components to his attacks.

20. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

It's D chest drop only from each difficulty and D chest is one of 3 tickets only. So I would guess they all have the same drop rates.