Forum Guides Directory

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Laura Lita, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Our members have spent a good deal of time and effort constructing guides to help players learn more about the game, its content, and how to improve their stamina efficiency. This thread will serve as a directory for all the guides the community deems relevant and useful.

Unlike the previous thread, I will leave this thread open to new posts. The posts can be used to nominate any guides not already listed in the directory, but before making any nominations please read the following rules:
    • Do not nominate your own thread - If your guide is good, then other people should be able to vouch for it themselves.
    • Only nominate threads that are up to date - This should be self-explanatory.
    • Explain in a few brief sentences why you want to nominate a guide - Leaving a link or a title in here by itself will lead to a post removal.
    • Do not nominate rejected guides
    Failure to follow these rules will lead to your post being deleted by the staff.

Starting the Game
    • Order of Operations in Pincer Attacks - Skill activations do happen in a specific order depending on the positions of characters participating in a pincer, and it's very helpful to learn the order in which these skills activate.
    • How Skill Boost Gains Work - Skill boosts are an important topic for players who want improve their characters' chances of activating skills or increasing their odds of obtaining new characters from the Pact of Truth while spending as little energy (money) as possible.
    • How Negotiator Pro and Treasure Hunter Works - Pro Negotiator and Treasure Hunter are the most important skills used to increase a player's efficiency in farming monster and items. Learn more about how these skills can help you in the thread!
    Databases
    • Matthieu's Terra Battle Stat Web App - This site, often used by players to keep track of their in-game progress, probably contains almost all information players need to farm items efficiently. The thread can be used to ask any additional information about the site or bring up any suggestions to improve it.
    • Z and Lambda Characters Data - Lambda characters are the most powerful characters in the game at the moment, but for many players are out of reach due to low pull rates in the Pact of Truth! Fortunately, Lambdas can be obtained via DNA Recoding at the Tavern - Learn more about these powerful characters to decide on which ones you think are worth gunning for.
    • Damage Rankings - Within the French sub-forum we have a DPS (Damage Per Second) Rankings thread which can be used to help you determine how much damage a character can deal within single and double pincer scenarios. Naturally, the post and entire thread is in French, but the charts are mostly easy to follow. All DPS values use the 31-10 boss Snaptrap as a standard so do not assume that these ranking are apply to all situations.
    • Otomo Data - Otomo are the newest addition to the game, and many players want to learn more about which Otomo they can obtain for coins and which ones they can obtain for energy. This guide will help you learn both, but also help you learn about an individual Otomo's benefits and what you might need to develop them.
    • Status Ailments Data Mechanics - Statuses play a niche role in Terra Battle, but learning about them can be very helpful in letting you deal with them more effectively in dungeons and multiplayer modes.
    Guides for Leveling Up and Skill Boosting
    • Chaos II/III Co-Op for EXP with Hassle-Free Carry Configuration - Chaos II has often been used by players to grind their characters up from levels 70 and higher due to how quickly carries can finish the boss off and also because of its stamina efficiency. Now Chaos III has been added to the mix to further improve EXP gains. heck this guide out if you want to consider using Chaos as a means to level up
    • 32-7 The Perfect Leveling Stage for Level 70 - This is an alternative to the Chaos guide since Chaos II and III are only available every other week. In its absence, players can try 32-7 for EXP grinding
    • Otomo for minmaxers - Otomo are expensive and some are difficult to obtain, so it's best to make the most of what you already have and what you can obtain for cheap. Many subjects are covered in this thread, and it is very much worth a good read!
    Event Dungeons and Bosses
    • Hunting the Jade Dragon - While it's uncertain if this Vanquish Event may return, this guide is archived here as a reference in the event that Mistwalker uses it again. Learn more about the dungeon and the conditions to open paths within it here!
    • Lamia 101 - This is the most teamwork-intensive Eidolon fight, and is easily the most frustrating of the Eidolons to defeat. Luckily we do have a guide to help prepare you for the Eidolon and its various monster allies.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. EpicPotato

EpicPotato Active Member

wow really good idea! this way the information is concentrated on this thread^^ id like to nominate the lamia guide bc i think new players are totally lost in a lamia fight without enough information about it. And since pvp is upcoming, eidolons could have a more important role than they have now, i think it could be a great help for those who dont know how to fight her.
    http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/lamia-eidolon-101-guide.7029/

Haziel likes this.
  3. Laura Lita

Medals:
    I actually contacted Arbitrary to update the guide to include some of the new content and how it might help players defeat Lamia a few hours earlier, but yes I agree it's a good guide and will help players a lot. I suppose I don't need to wait for him to update it immediately to post it up.

Haziel likes this.
  4. sendru

sendru Active Member

Haziel likes this.
  5. Laura Lita

Medals:
    Haziel likes this.
  6. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Haziel, Rydia and Umowoïs like this.
  7. NinthGhost

NinthGhost Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Strategies for 1-4/1-5 SB Farming - OUTDATED

1-4 pattern no longer valid for 3.1.0
    1-5 patterns have better versions that i have not updated

I hope i have time to update despite PvP rush or maybe another member should avail to make a new guide :oldman:

Haziel and Rydia like this.