General team help

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Zagger, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Zagger

Zagger New Member

So i played Terra battle when it came out and then somewhere along the way i lost the save. Came back into it a couple of days and i would gladly accept some help regarding team-building. Single rolled Seiryu, don't know if he is any good.

What units should I be focusing on?

Attached Files:

2. Mako

Mako Member

I'd focus on these units:

Amina: A healer is always good, she also has a recode (stronger) form.
    Bahl: Glass cannon, will tear things, she also has a recode.
    Korin: Support for Sword units, also has a recode.
    Rejin: Another sword, useful recode in PvP.
    Lucia: You might be able to farm her for SB gain during this current event, a mage is useful. She also has a recode.
    Grace: Not as useful as before, but will give you a hand getting the Dragons (Leviathan & Bahamut). She'll get a recode soon.

If you are starting the chapters a character with "levitation" skill will be VERY useful when traps appear. I think Kana/Eileen has levitation?
    Don't waste your time with Burbaba or Kem right now.
    Use the chat for more opinions/help. You can co-op some fights that might be difficult to win on your own with your current characters.
    Seiryu if useful in a very niche fight (Metal Zone 6?) and as a 100L (luck) character that is something that you really shouldn't worry about much until you want to clear some Pacts.

3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Is that your entire roster? I wouldn't use Lucia unless you can manage to recode her during this event. Her base job is rather weak and she has only 4 skills before being recoded (doesn't even get any skill slots). If you can't recode Lucia you're better off with A'merpact who's actually a very good mage for being A rank. You should also make sure to level Eileen since she can levitate the party. You'll need it on certain chapters and arena battles.

4. Zagger

Zagger New Member

Yeah, also have Amazora, Zan and Zenzoze. Not really familiarized with the recode mechanic since I'm only on chapter 17. I probably shouldn't be rolling as soon as i get 5 energy too, is there a particular event that's worth it ii dumping all the energy into?

5. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

Keep your energy until you have 50 and pull at a 10/2 event. You will get 2 characters Level S or higher. Level your characters as mentioned above, SB them so their skills trigger more often until they rich 100 SB to get them out of the pool.

Using energy for stamina refill is a waste for you at this moment. Stamina refills, try to proceed in story line. Your stamina bar will increase up to 121 after clearin chapter 37.

6. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Active Member

Once in a while there is an event where you're guaranteed 2 S class or higher characters, if you spend 50 Energy on Pact of Truth at once. It's the most reliable way to get the stronger characters, unless you SB-grind. Save you rEnergy for that event.

7. Zagger

Zagger New Member

Will do so.

Now, for recode, i remember in my previous account i used Bahl quite a lot, she was a decent mid tier character. Is she only good in Lambda form now?

8. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

While her lambda form kicks ass, her regular form is still pretty good. Still one of the top hitter that's why I haven't felt the need to recode her yet (I do have a bunch of decent sword hitters though). Since you said you're at chap 17, I would hold off recoding her at the moment until you clear more chapters ie. 20-1. But then again if you have the metal tickets and the units to clear MZ6 in the arena now, I guess you can level up a recode Bahl much quicker.

9. LegendaryFrog

You can't recode until you clear chapter 20 anyway.

10. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

:arghh: Recoding is now so common, that we forgot the main requirement.

Man was it easy before luck reached TB. Get a character to 100 SB and it''s done. Now we have to decide, if we need to rerecode a character, how many recodes are necessary, what do I need for recoding, when and how will I be able to get the materials, will there be MZ 6 or better 7 be around, do I have enough metal tickets....:bigtears:

11. Zagger

Zagger New Member

Quick update.

Currently on 23-6 with this team.
    Got some decent spear users i guess, should i be trying to build up a spear team?

Attached Files:

12. Mako

Mako Member

Read a guide and unlock Clara's job 2 and 3 and then recode her before her event ends.

13. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Level up your Team in Metal zones to 80/80/80. Farm recode Monsters. Advance in story.

Ask for help in Chat:

- negotiator coop for Monster farming
    - TH Coop for Metal Ticket farming
    - any Coop for Story

Then try to recode your Team, Level them to 90, so you have a strong roster for ongoing content such as events which are not able to coop and animata farming!!
    edit:
    take some minutes, check the wiki and make a list what you need for recodes.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  14. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

No, try not to build a team of one anything. A "spear team" is useful in like 2 levels and one of those is coop. This game punishes you hard for not having roster depth.

15. FriedNublet

FriedNublet Member

Since you have Clara and and Echo, I think you might as well try to recode them at least once before the event ends. They are great adventurers.

As for your current roster, I think you should be focusing on Bahl, Raprow, Grace and Amerpact, they look like the easiest to recode since they won't need event monsters. You should also get Bahl's job2 to lv 65 asap, that 1.5x skill is literally the only thing that elevates her above every other sword character. After that, Daiana is probably the best fire mage after Senala^ if you can recode her, although she will need an event monster for that. You will need Temporal Helices which are difficult to get, the easiest way to acquire them is to buy them off the trading post.

As for healers, until you can recode Amina I feel like you could work on Kuscah/Sorman, since they have a very easily obtainable Heal All skill. You don't absolutely have to of course, you won't need Heal All to get through the story.

Rejin isn't that useful outside of PVP in my opinion, and the whole point to Korin is that he acts as a support to sword units. I think you would be better off taking them out and using Grace and Raprow in their place to make a more balanced team. As the above poster has already mentioned, an 'all spear team' isn't very useful in most situations, and of course that applies to every weapon type.

If you haven't already, you can also get free energy by co-oping with other players.

I'm also wondering why your SB is so... low. At chapter 23 I think that your SB should be way higher than what it currently is. It is a lot of work but you can definitely build a solid team with what you have, good luck!

16. Zagger

Zagger New Member

Thank for all the advice.
    By the way, just single pulled a Zavison. Is he any good /worth leveling up?

Edit: ok i've read a bit on him and it looks like he is polarizing to say the least. Not much luck here with the Z pulls.
    I ll try to work on the chars mentioned above.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  17. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

The only reason you may want to train (SB) him is to never pull him again.

FriedNublet likes this.
  18. LegendaryFrog

The path of Zavison

Joy - New Z, Yay!
    Confusion - Indiscriminate fire; what does that mean?
    Frustration - Oh my god, he kills his own team! He's terrible!
    Argument - No way, there has to be a trick to him.
    Negotiation - Let me build a team around him... evasive arts, long range attackers, Gego^.
    Denial - It has to work. It WILL work!
    Acceptance - Zavison sucks.

Estavali, FriedNublet, Ryden and 3 others like this.
  19. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

I was suggesting in another thread here that he would be good troll character if there was any newbies around to coop with him. The only "un"realistic hope for Zavison is recode, which they DO seem to be doing for new Zs, but on the other hand is not a very popular character.

20. LegendaryFrog

When he gets a recode he better have Indiscriminate Missile, Lowest HP (5). That way he'll always attack your allies when battling bosses.