[GUIDE] Distilled Shin'en details!

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

With that amount of DPS, it's ok to get PP on turn 4, you will still avoid death roulette.

2. freelame

freelame Active Member

3. Lem3ssie

Lem3ssie Member

Hi any one, finally managed to defeat Shin'en.
    Just once.

With Suoh /\ with Rune, S'naip /\ with bow of genji, Macuri with grand Rune, Bahl/\ with excalibur, Gatz/\ with rune and Kraken/\ with KKO2.

Is CE better than my otomos ? I Have 4 fully levelled.
    How can i improve my team ?
    I have Palpa/\ Annu and Gugba.
    Palpa is luck 100, Gugba is 80, Annu is luck 60.
    My team is 80 with those otomos.

I'ld like to have a better win rate to farm Shin'en luck and SB.
    Do i need to change Suoh or Gatz otomos ?

Thanks.

4. D-rex

D-rex Member

Try the following (which is what I use).

Suoh^ Peta Weapon or CE
    Gatz^ CE or Peyrna Sword
    Snaip^ CE
    Bahl^ CE
    Palpa^ Whatever
    Kraken Kino^ KKO2.

Tap one time first turn and kill the staffs.
    Double pincer Shinen horizontally.
    Double pincer horizontally. Should skip death roulette
    Tap x5 times double pincer w/power point.
    Win.

If you have a grand weapon put it on Suoh^.
    Hope this helps.

5. Lem3ssie

Lem3ssie Member

ll try this, but do you think i can do a 3 turns run with the chars i have ?
    So to you, CE is better than SS or Z not gran otomos ?
    Sure it helped.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  6. D-rex

D-rex Member

I don't know about a three turn run. I always do it in 4 turns. I think unless the PP spawns on turn three, you're going to be light on damage even with 5 x taps.

For me CE seems to work fine. Honestly, I've ran Zuoh and GatZ with both Peta and CE and I kill the Shin'en just the same with either. Since I don't have grands I can't comment on those, but the AoE of the CE is rather nice.

If you are hunting Shin'en and have Yukken^ you can replace Suoh with her and it will be fine.

7. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

I was farming CT pretty easy with
    Bahl^ Pernya Sword
    Shinen^ CC
    Suoh^ CC
    Snaip^ CC
    Kraken and Palpa

You can easily change Shinen with Gatz. Also I was pincering Bahl-Shinen on the right and Kraken-Suoh(Snaip next to him) and I think if you put the Grand Rune on Bahl you don't even need the first tap for the staves.

8. Gantrithor

Gantrithor New Member

So I did this. I was sure it was possible to kill Shin'en without tapping. And then tried last night, with 3 Grand Peta, managed to do it, but it put me under the threat of Roulette (also known as RNG.)
    After a few maths, thanks to Drey, we computed and determined that Peyrna's Sword is better than Grand Peta against a 2x2 boss - Grand Peta is obviously better if you need to burst with taps.

So here's the team that did the run:

Mizell: Mizell O
    Suoh Λ: Peyrna's Sword
    Bahl Λ: Peyrna's Sword
    Ma'curi: Peyna's Sword
    S'naip Λ: Peyrna's Sword (This character has low SB)
    Gatz Λ: Skullsplitter.

My next steps will be 1. using 5 Skullsplitter, 2. replacing Gatz with another character, 3. using Kraken Kino instead of Mizell. The final goal is to be able to kill Shin'en with not so rare units and free otomo.

doodootron and Zyron like this.
  9. Lem3ssie

Lem3ssie Member

Many thanks, Shinen is my pet now, with 2 tapper I beat him every time, no matter what.
    I wish he was available all day long.

10. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Is Ma'curi better than S'naip Λ?

11. Lem3ssie

Lem3ssie Member

I don't think so but maybe someone can mathematically prove me wrong.

12. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

No? Ma'curi J3 has x11 multiplier on double pincer(only x9 if horizontal pincer). S'naip^ has x11.5 multiplier no matter the durection, and also higher base Attack.

13. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

I almost always do a 3-turn run with Gatz ^ (Skullsplitter), Snaip ^ (Holy Bow), Bahl ^ (Skullsplitter), Kraken Kino ^, Suoh ^ (Skullsplitter), and Palpa ^ (whatever). I use one tap on the first turn, and 5 taps on the 3rd turn (no power point yet). It's enough damage at least 80-90% of the time (exception is when I have to use Kraken Kino as one of the pincers on turn 2 because of where Shinen moves). The rest of the time he's barely alive and I can kill him on turn 4 no matter who he gets with death roulette.

Side note: If he moves far away on turn 2 and you can only get a single pincer on him, you don't have to S/L. Use a single tap on turn 3 with a double pincer to get him to the "spot a breach in his defense" threshold, then use your 4 remaining taps on turn 4 and you have a decent shot at being able to kill him.

14. Léo

Léo Member

Latest Dps ranking spreadsheet thx to Arkan on this thread : http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-classement-dégâts-dps-ranking.7906/page-14

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2h7jsteo7uueor/TB_DPS_Rank.pdf?dl=0

Snaip^ better than macuri

I do the same thing but with shinen instead of snaip^. Worst case scenario : turn 1 :1 tap / turn 2 : 1 pincer / turn 3 : 2 taps and double pincer --> spot a breach / turn 4: Break def with shinen and tap - double pincer with PP --> boss down. Works everytime

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Guaparrón likes this.
  15. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

That's what I thought, but in the video he's using Ma'curi to attack on second pincer. Must be because his S'naip Λ has low SB.

16. Gantrithor

Gantrithor New Member

Updated my run, with 5 Skullsplitters instead of Peyrna's Sword. Next upload will be using Grace instead of Gatz. Hopefully my S'naip will hit 70% SB by the time I recode Grace and level her up.

Dreydus likes this.
  17. Gantrithor

Gantrithor New Member

Not sure how far I can go with this. S'naip is now 50% SB, and I barely made it with Bonna, she deals similar damage to Grace so I'll skip trying with that one.

Right now, I feel like I wouldn't be able to kill him with Kraken instead of Mizell, but I will try when I get enough KK OII to upgrade one to 100% activation, but not dropping so far.
    On the other hand, I feel like maybe damage would be okay if S'naip is activating all his skills everytime, not really sure about this, though.

Dreydus likes this.
  18. ryoSaeba

ryoSaeba New Member

Can we still do shinnen W/ the trinity and douple tap charac, cause i heard that they nerfed them in the last patch?

19. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Member

Yes. Add Kraken Kino or Mizell for dealing with the kinetic traps and you'll be able to take him down easily. The nerf caps buffs at +200% (or 4 stacks of the 1.5x damage multiplier). It is unlikely that you were getting triple pincers against Shinen anyway, so it will have no impact. Mutoh is the one that required triple pincers to bring her down with a physical team.

Side note: Most people don't use Macuri anymore because he can't reach 100 luck (unless you put on a Panda otomo). The more popular choice is Suoh ^ because he has 1.2x stacking buff, boosts adjacent allies' damage, and he's a rather easy to get 100 luck character.

20. ryoSaeba

ryoSaeba New Member

Thanks for the repl!