Jars of Feets Z class tier list

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by jarsoffeet, Jun 20, 2016.

1. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

It has been a while since this forum has has an up to date tier list. Since the Z class is the biggest pool and only growing bigger this list should help people choose which Z's to prioritize and which should never be recoded. It also contains the Natural Zs for further comparison. Note unless otherwise specified order doesn't matter within the list. Also this list is more about usefulness then damage. Also natural Z area as a have less utility due to level capped stages. If your looking to do a level capped Stage they Shouldn't be where they are. I feel this is list is more accurate for level 80+.

Note: that SS recodes will be on this list as well because one of the only practical purposes of this list is to be a sort of recode priority guide. maralith and lich are basically free S ranks though. Not gonna be here.

Tier 1
    : These characters have strong unique utility. There Skillet earns at least one them a place in almost any Situation. They have no equals in what they can provide. Depending on your opinion you might want to separate these guys into two tiers but I think it works fine as 1.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Gegonago: Stealth and CT+3 all. He works great as a healer too. Everyone knows this dude is Broken.

Bonna: She has great damage capable of hitting bosses For x10 Physical without leading the chain. She can offheal. Plus with season pro and the ability to clear all MZ up to 5 by her self makes her hands down the best metal zone carry. oh and CT+4

Gatz: Great Physical damage(berseker rage hits x6 on the boss if it is the only monster on the board). Physical damage hop. Decent utility with Pancea and levitate. Should be in all physical damage teams. Plus treasure hunter.

Olber: Self Sacrifice, Heals, Physical Capsules and decent damage. Olber Can put teams on his behind him and carry your squishy Snaips and Macs through the danger.

Schwiez:he swings for x8 physical, has CT+4 and augment all. I think that makes him the best Augment user in the game. Also Pancea, poison and Demoralize is some nice utility. However even though he is remedy no heal moves.

Mizell/\: She is the non trinity Highest dps in the game. She has the highest matk and matk hop so give her an otomo and she will be a huge damage support character. She might not have any typing advantage but you dont have to worry about her healing anyone unlike peyrna. Mizell has a tone of counter trap with two different Os and a twister ward you can equip. the option to take ct+2 and regen self are just some nice bonuses

Honorable mention to your first Z mage. One belongs up here. Once you have a few they drop down to Tier 2

Tier 2: Above Average Z class.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Z mages( Lewto Jennish Zerro Piz'fer) :Great AOE and DPS. However magic only seems to be getting nerfed and Bonna is a better metal Zone carry. What more can I say though classic units and everyone wants at least one of these bad boys. They just aren't as good as when SS was the highest class.
    Amisandra/Amina: They have extend chain, heal all and and are healers in the Z class. Even though for a decent amount of levels you can get by with off healers if you need heavy healing Z class give off a huge amount of healing.Amis might be because death guard gives her some extra niche utlility and nullify healing is good for pvp I think. Amina has slightly less utility but her heals are just as strong

Peyrna: She has good Damage. Hops and CT+4. This gives her the most utility of any elemental warrior. She stands above the rest because of this.

Suoh/\: two tera skills, a penta skill, damage X1.2 skill the stacks. Suoh isn't lacking in the damage departement his only weakness being he lacks chainable damage. Other perks include a physical damage boost of x1.2 for his neigbors and power point amp. Also can equip suoh O to help you get Mutoh.

Mutoh: She ties mogha for gravity damage(not including magic bomb) then gets a penta spear on top of that. Incase her raw damage wasn't enough MW gave her an defenseive break and Unique utility, seal rift. Oh and 4 different status wards. She is well worth the effort and luck required to collect her.

Tier 3: Average Z Class by far the biggest tier.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Andelucia: Has CT and highest Pincer damage of the Z elemental Warriors. She Also has the added bonus of metabolic magic in Job 2 so you can decide if you want her eating caps or not.

Koko/Sam: Your standard elemental warriors. They have good damage CT+4 and metabolic magic can push their damage up to unreal levels. Every team needs a mover and unless you have a higher tier mover these two are a must. (note that means only 1 don't need two movers)

Myne: Breaks are worse then hops and he doesn't have the added utility of CT+4. Still has A good amount of utility with breaks and good damage. He also has an area (1) skill for added chain damage and not a counter like Beau'ne.

Mizell: She has damage on par with Z mages but less agreeable aoe. Her CT+2 and twister ward is nice utility. The only notable thing about her base form is mizel O and without that she would probably be in a lower teir.

Zmages part 2(Sayu and Mogha): They trade AOE For dps. Pretty much the same as the other z mages. Maybe better if you care about pincer target damage, much worse if you want to clear the board. The fact that their third Job has no metabolic magic is a slight plus. Sayu might be more preferred for easier completion of IDK and the PDZ otomo.

Odin: there isn't very many Physical Damage Carries in the z class. Odin does a tone of Physical damage that is great late game. Plus 2000 damage hitting attack has some nice niche uses. A must for all physical teams

Rejin: PVP god because of all his status ailments. I don't have this guy so I can't really comment, but pretty much everyone who has him uses him in PVP. If you don't care about pvp drop him down a tier.

Yukken: Lacks damage and you would only really use her if you want your units to look cute with ribbons.(or want ribbons status blocking effects) If you are interested in completing pof put her in tier 1. If you don't care or it is finished leave her here.

Bahamut/Leiathan: Not as good as the Mages in the class above but still strong mages. Baha is a bit incosintent with meteor and levi has a physical damage move. Maybe Levithan will be better than Baha once MZ 7 comes out. Still solid mages and a decent replacement till you pull one of the tier 2 mages.

Shin'en: I feel like he needs to go a tier below his wife because counter:troll:. His damage is nothing to ignore but he cant go all in physical the same was his wife can on gravity. For pure dps he is a strong unit but since it is split between physical and magical I feel like he might be too jack off all trades without mastering any. Same utility his wife provides however Defensive break 4 status wards and destroy time traps. I recommend picking him up to farm snouts:troll:

Tier 4: Bellow average Z. Solid to fairly niche
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Beau'ne: Probably the worst of all the elemental warriors. No damage moves that actiavate in chain, no CT+4, no taps. Has nothing to keep her in the tier 3.

Amazora: Dont count her DPS out. she isn't a bad Elemental warrior but yeah the other ones are better.

Camellia: unfortunaly here damage is worse then it looks on paper. She requires strict team requiresments(though it is actually kind of easy to fufil depending). She also has 2 useless skills. Some people recommend Kraken kino over her for Shin en so that says a lot.

Ellvern: Has niche uses in lamia and PVP with his poison spam. His High magic attack makes him a good candidate for Z otomos or martial mace(if your lucky enough to have it). He does have CT+4 and CT+2 chain which makes him quite the mover. You can throw a Healing wand/zotpmo on him to give him more usability outside his niche.

Jaguna: A poor mans odin. Her physical damage isn't bad and she can heal and levitate. Plus she is fairly tanky especially against magic damage. Be warned though she doesn't get good stats till level 90.

Edg'low: He is in tier 4 because he can only swing for x8 magic and has a physical attack. Break isn't as good as hop. However He is an optimal pull for clearing dragons kings.

Lucia: Oh MW forgot to give her a magic attack stat. She has Decent tank stats if that excites you but she doesnt belong with all the higher tier mages.

Invincible: The first Z class is stuck near the bottom. He lacks dps and the only reason to use him is for his unique Aerial Shield Chain which adds a good deal of tankyness. His 3rd Job has 2 useless eqiup skills that kill his general Viability.

Tier 5
    : Niche or bad natural Z
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Zavison: his Damage would put him way higher if it wasnt used killing your own units. If you can make him work he can earn a spot on the team. Otherwise leave him on the bench next to zael if the stage isn't level capped below 80.

Palpa: She is a free hop so you can start doing dragon kings. Thats it though ever hop is better. She has pancea and a bunch of redundant abilities but isn't really worth much. Also if you recode then you have to spend more time pulling palpa :troll:

Sieryu: Lacks dps moves this puts him bellow the other mages. However he has gravity for MZ 6 which is the only time you will use him if you have better units.

54b2: Despite his high attack stat is damage is nowhere to be found. I kid but yeah if you pull this guy you probably shouldn't be too excited.

Puprope: How do you fix the weakest mage in the game? Give her a sword move :troll: . weaker than all the other mages. Almost useless you really need dark.
    Alika: Has treasure hunter. So you will use her when you want drops but that is it as far as i know. every other Elemental warrior does more damage. Gatz is a better.

Nakupi. Maybe you can use him in the dragons kings if you don't have a better play. Lacks damage and has silly skills. You can't even stack debuffs to oneshot wild beasts anymore. However Kraken Kino is a wild beast who is also week to swords finally giving nakupi a place. If you don't have 2 attack hops running nakupi isn't a a bad idea.

Tier 7 Trash.
    Empty for now.
    Since some people dont like non Z in the list here i will list other S/SS recodes and where i would put them in the list for reference.
    [​IMG]
    Eileen:Tier 7 trash
    [​IMG]
    Korin:Tier 7 Trash
    [​IMG]
    Sherberdan:Tier 6 niche
    [​IMG]
    Diana: Tier 4
    [​IMG]

Burbaba:Tier 7 Trash
    [​IMG]
    Kem:Tier 7 Trash
    [​IMG]

Snaip:Tier 2
    EDIT 1: Seperated Tier 4 into 2 tiers. Moved Puprope up.
    EDIT 2: Gatz bonna schwiez all down a tier. Added a Disclaimer about level caps.
    EDIT 3. Seperated Beau'ne and Andelucia Thanks Sassmaster.
    EDIT 4: Yukken Up a teir. Core Z mages up into new tier. Alika Down into Niche. Rejin and odin down to 4.
    EDIT5: added ellvern skills. Sepperated Peyrna and myne.
    EDIT 6: Schwiez up, peyrna up, elemental heroes un-ordered, honorable mention z mages
    EDIT 7: Added picture THANK THAROS!!. Combined top 2 tier. eliminated wild tier. Some final movements
    EDIT 8. Nakupi up. Suoh Shin'en and Mutoh added.
    EDIT 9. All characters up too and including 4.2 are in the list

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Bonna and Gatz should still be Tier 2, IMO.
    They're niche like Olber/Reijin.

Only Ami and Gego T1, since they're used everywhere (PVE PVP).

Myne/Peyrna/Andelucia/Beau'ne/Sayu/Mogha/Schwiez should be T4 because of them being 3 jobs compared to single job characters who are useful in all level capped stages.

The rest of your list is alright.

3. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

edglow is a decent mage. 482 matk, average mdef and decent def. not top tier for attacking, but a solid photon/gravity mage without elemental weakness in j3

zavison is decent in j2, but definitely not your go-to char for bow attack squad

4. Sassmaster9001

Sassmaster9001 Member

Andelucia has level 1 CT+4, making her much better than Beau'ne

5. Onark

Onark Member

Thanks for putting this together, one thing I don't agree on is that Yukken^ is a tier below Schweiz. She hits harder with 2 Tera skills, can have up to area 2 confusion, she can self heal, has area 1 status guard, pro negotiator, and CT+2. Schwiez has better ATK and Mdef but worse Def and slightly worse HP (Yukken can get sturdy with HP +20%).

Schweiz probably has more overall utility but Yukken^ hits harder and can sustain better.

6. Xenocite

Xenocite Active Member

Schweiz has Augment All. I think that's what ultimately puts him above Yukken^.

7. Onark

Onark Member

I can see that for PvE but Yukken^ is better for PvP. Schweiz was a ghost in the bruiser cup and I'd be surprised to see him more than Yukken^ in any other cup.

Not saying that Yukken^ is objectively better but that she isn't a tier lower.

8. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

I would place Z mages in higher tier. Sure magic is nerfed later on. But generally Z mages (recoded ones) make like 80% of TB game play too easy. Even in PvP when there are no buffs, I will use a Z mage team rather than a physical team!.
    ReZin has very limited use. With Bonna/panacea now available in PvP he will even be used less. I would use trinity rather than Zodin.
    Personally I would rank AmiZ/Zmages as top tier. Gego is a luxury more than necessity in most situations (as the saying in the TB chat goes 'Gitgud'). GatZ, Bonna, Gego next tier. The augment/CT units/free units next tier and rest are just useless if you have an alternate choice.

Sean Bond likes this.
  9. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

The problem with tiers is that some characters synergy together to the point they are way above their league when together, more specifically tab skills units, like Schweiz, Peyrna, Edg'low are kinda average on their own, now pair a PP with all charges used and see even they mightiest of the dragons going down in 1 turn.

I agree with most of the list, Nothing to say about Ami and Gego, they are broken period. Odin is not really that great his his last skill never hits and his 2k dmg skills energizes poorly with tab skills, he is down a tier for me. Sayu and Mogha need to be 1 tier below regular Z mages, their slightly increased damage can NOT compensate the lack of ring and 3 rows skills (especially the 3 rows attack), they are mediocre Z mages IMO. Also Alika is trash tier, her damage is a joke and has the lamest debuff in the game, her only usefulness is treasure hunter.

10. memetichazard

memetichazard Member

Medals:
    I'm curious about how you're replacing the Z mages with Bonna^ for metal zones, particularly MZ5 and MZ6. How do you get sufficient AoE coverage with her? Rely on her CT4 to create double pincers?

11. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Gigabow can hit everything you don't pincer and even if it doesn't twin shots finishes it off. Haven't tried mz6 but 1 z mage won't do it since you need to gravity the things right?

12. memetichazard

memetichazard Member

Medals:
    MZ6 I currently run with Seiryuu + ZMage, both with bewitching/mogs. After the first round, this allows a one-shot of anything other than the mirror in a 5x5 around the pincer plus the 3-tall row and the corners around the pincer, which handles pretty much all arrangements easily except for the two 2x2 squares, so long as the runner placement isn't horrendous. Around a third to half of the time, I can clear out the mirror as well. Does Bonna^+Seiryuu or Bonna^+Fan+ZMage perform well?

13. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Bonna seiryu can carry mz6 king. Plus she has season pro

14. Tala

Tala New Member

I use BonnaZ (with a fan) & Gugba for MZ6 and it works great. He takes out the normal metal minions with tremor usually and she AoEs and missiles the runners. I can just knock out the mirror on the second turn since there's no magic flying around to trigger a counter attack.

15. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

You can put kings fan on a leveling unit. I would use Zmage and bonnaZ with kings fan now.
    Gugba+bonna will be quite inefficient. You will end up missing lot of runners! You can have floors with 7 runners and that's when you gain max xp. And I really doubt tremor can takeout normal units too!

16. Weird D

Weird D Active Member

Please keep in mind that some of those lesser Zs are essentially free characters : Bahamut, Leviathan, Odin, Lucia (events) and Jaguna (PoF). For people who are far from completing the PoF, or have generally crappy luck (like me), they can be pretty useful - those three mages can help a lot for some weekly speedruns with their AOEs when you don't have the other mages.

17. xArcDuce

xArcDuce New Member

Though, if you're fast and your cell phone's screen isn't complete garbage, I've did quick donuts on runners that made them run into bombs as Gugba. It was not as effective as using Sayu because of the fact that she had much more AoE and potential +% EXP, but it sure did beat trying to avoid hitting those damn reflectors.

Gugba in himself is still pretty efficient even in MZ6 imo if you are desperate for mob clears.

Especially if you get quake off twice with Skullsplitters every turn.

18. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Active Member

Nice List, Jars. I agree with most of it. A few comments:
    • Peyrna and Schweiz could go as high as tier 3 or 2. Having both Augment Physical and Augment Magic is very strong.
    • Myne does not have CT.
    • Rejin should drop down to tier 5. His only real use is PVP.

19. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Hmm I didn't Realize myne didn't have CT I was assumiong a bit more mirroring in the skill sets then MW actually did. Schwiez was orignally in Tier 2 But i moved him down. It seems there is still some debate as to the strength of taps. I haven't used them yet but it seems to me they would be good in pretty much every boss battle. So I might move them Peyrna and Scwhiez up. I am also of the opinion that every team needs a character with ct +4 or gego/\ the fact that they fill both team requirements is pretty strong.

20. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Worth mentioning that regular Ellvern has Control Time +2, Chain, so Ellvern^ can has up to CT+6.