Kraken Kino Event Canceled...

Discussion in 'Events' started by Neofalcon, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

I woke up this morning to this news announcement that the "Monsters Strike Back" event was, ahem, "delayed". I found this to be really disappointing news, since I've been waiting on the return of Kraken kino since the luck patch so I could recode myself a 100L Suoh.

Then I looked at the announcement closer.

It's not that the event was pushed back, it's that they've cancelled the first week of it entirely. Meaning, we get a 3-week long event with no Kraken kino or 8 bit orbling.

...wtf is MW thinking? I can't imagine why they would do this - why delay the event, and why cancel these 2? Are we expecting a patch on the 17th or something that would change kino or 8-bit events? It just....I don't understand it...

nilnilx, doodootron and Grun like this.
  2. dre

dre Member

3. lynx

lynx Active Member

:upset:

I hope that MW would at least have all strike back events in the final week. *crossed fingers*

4. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    I don't think so @lynx, as the picture they put in the new announcement clearly shows only 6 monsters, not 8.
    I think it's only related to their schedule: they had 3 weeks to fill before more events. But it's really weird they decided to cut two monsters without any explanation.

5. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

But the next week from now is also free from events. And Lucia's schedule clearly overlaps with the other Kinos so it's not an excuse.

6. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Hopefully this means MW is trying to re-work the Kinos/8-bits to be more in line with BC. The cancelling of Kraken might mean they had to start from scratch entirely. Just speculation, of course, but it's hopeful speculation.

Sean Bond likes this.
  7. Lortext

Lortext New Member

Been many weeks since I could get Kraken Kino to recode Suoh :(

8. derposed

derposed Well-Known Member

This sucks, I was hoping to spam orbling to recode Mizell at least twice. Hopefully they'll make this right somehow.

9. Vintt

Vintt Active Member

at the time 8 bit orbiting came out, it was a huge power spike and hard to farm , since then they toned down the difficultly of the 8 bits, but we have yet to see exactly how they will tone down 8 bit orbling

10. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

This was my thought/hope. After that last couple events, no one wants to go back to the original style Kino/8-Bit events (and their difficulty-to-reward ratio).

11. Gego

Gego Member

Medals:
    Have been waiting for kraken so long...
    Need it with his kraken OII to max luck shinen.
    Good job MW, ruined my dream.

12. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

:arghh: No 100l Suoh. What's going on? Yesterday I saw Lucia^ event will start in a few days in the ingame event schedule. Today there's no more Lucia^ event in the schedule. I'm not missing Lucia as I don't want to 100l her (too many recodes are necessary and Nia^ has already been a pain), but no Kraken.

Come on MW give us as some more news:rage:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  13. KRIS

KRIS Member

14. KRIS

KRIS Member

another round begin at 12/9

テラ小屋メモ:逆襲降臨クエスト再登場の延期とイベントカレンダーでの情報不備、大変申し訳ありません。逆襲降臨クエストの再開催は2016年12月9日以降も継続して予定しております。開催スケジュールは随時お知らせ致します。

https://twitter.com/terra_battle/status/796981017772838912

15. TrueShadow

So they're moving it back to the last week instead? That's better.

16. KRIS

KRIS Member

looks like it will become 2 round event..

17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

You'll only need to recode half as much as Nia^ since you'd be able to luck boost both recode monsters. 3-4 times, only 3 if you stop at 99% to farm luck and already recoded Lucia once before.

It might be worthwhile to max her luck for more choice of mages on a 100L team, especially if you haven't maxed out Leviathan^ and Bahamut^ yet(I've only just recently had the free time game time to try and it's going to take me a very long time to grind each of them 36 times in metal zones and farm 12 ethers). She has easier to farm recode items and only 1 job to grind to level 80.

But why can't they just make them all available so we just farm whichever ones we want? I mean it's a lot to offer at once, but they have a way to organize it better now so we shouldn't need to wait weeks for the monsters we want, especially since this is just rereleased content.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  18. TrueShadow

Uh, no, neither Leonidas nor Storm Witch are lambda, so recruiting them only increases SB. Neither of them are also in PoFoF, so you can't use Coins to max their Luck. Unless they changed things, Lucia is a massive pain to max luck.

19. Claywtf

Claywtf Member

No, Lucia is unique in regards to having just one job while being an SS class character, which makes her much easier to re-recode than for example Nia, who is a three job SS class.
    At the same time Lucia ^ has a much more unique skillset than Nia ^ (including non elemental magic damage), which makes her way more interesting as a 100 luck character in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  20. munk

munk Member

You're right but it doesn't mean she's easier to 100L unless Leonidas and Stormwitch can get luck boosts reliably.
    Even if the ^ monster formula is applied to Leonidas/Stormwitch, Lucia^ is a very expensive unit to max luck.
    Now we have yet to see what the Lucky Orbling thing is worth.