Lamia in 3 mins

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Elelyon, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Units to bring:

P1 (host): bring dps + any other unit (healer recommended). +CT units are highly recommended. For the purposes of this guide, I'll refer to dps as Sheena and healer as Kuscah as those are ones used in video.

P2 (lender): bring AmiZ + EllvernZ (skills below)

Skills:
    AmiZ:
    Slot 1: Death Ward Chain
    Slot 2: Nullify Healing
    Otomo: Anything, but ideally White Orbling or additional heal chain skills.

EllvernZ (order matters!)
    Slot 1: Poison Area (2)
    Slot 2: Venom Column
    Otomo: Maxed sorc shield.

Turn by turn guide (see video at bottom):
    Floor 1a: Pincer with Sheena + another unit. Have ellvernZ in area(2) range of both mobs. Make sure to leave Kuscah out of sleep range.
    Floor 1b: Move units towards bottom and leave EllvernZ in top and setup for Floor 2.

Floor 2a: Pincer with Sheena and EllvernZ.
    Floor 2b: Move units all the way to bottom row, right side.
    [​IMG]

Floor 3a: Set up pincer with Sheena so that EllvernZ covers all 3 mobs using area (2) + column. If setup was done correct, the perentie always goes to 1 of two spots, both of which is possible to setup EllvernZ to hit everyone with poison.
    [​IMG]
    ***Floor 3b***: Move P2s units near top using dps (or +CT unit). EllvernZ MUST be in the spot pictured below where Lamia spawns so that perentie pincers him with the yellow mob. Most important step of the whole battle.
    [​IMG]

Lamia 1: Pincer perentie with Sheena + EllvernZ.
    Lamia 2: Move units away, hugging the bottom right side so Lamia doesn't push units to you (especially basilisk).
    Lamia 3: Pincer with amiZ in range to nullify.
    Lamia 4: Pincer with ellvernZ in range (esp column).
    Lamia 5: Move units away. Lamia should die by now.
    Lamia 6 (if necessary): Pincer one last time with EllvernZ/AmiZ.

Video here:
    https://play.lobi.co/video/13af8f9a163497e4200c9640e9ada5a05d9db3cb

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Video is exactly 3 minutes. Op is so honest.

Really cool video. (Poor Lamia. Those summoned crocs must be very lost why Lamia died before they had a turn to act.)

3. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Thanks for the guide! If your P2 is an active player, you can replace AmiZ with AlikaZ for treasure hunter. Lamia goes down fast regardless, but you have the Summon for when things go bad. I like to use it the first/second turn on the Lamia floor so I don't have to worry about breath to Death shenanigans.

4. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

3 minute Lamia :jawdrop:

I wouldn'ta believed it if I didn't see it. now my alt has hope for easier lamia than when I was doing it when she first appeared. Thanks for the guide, Elel :D

5. supergaijin

Bump for new chars and strategies

I substituted gatz ^ for sheena, and he kills mobs just as well or better, while adding more chance for drops and he has panacea :D

however, I've never had the mobs move just the right way on the first and second floor to make the third floor easy :shifty:

because of that, I decided to have my helper hang around long enough to charge the summon, just in case :p

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    FishInTheDark likes this.
  6. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Thanks for the great guide, but from what I observed, Ami's death ward chain and nullify healing didn't really play a role, right? I paid particular attention to this because my Ami has still a long way to go before reaching lv 65 in all jobs. And besides that, I need to SB my just-pulled EllvernZ to ensure venom spear always trigger. Will give it a rest to aim for the 3-min kill despite the half-stamina event considering my gang's excruciating struggle with her...:yuck:

7. supergaijin

Just yesterday, death ward helped me avoid 3 deaths and panacea cured petrification twice. Not using a summon and allowing lamia to move before the mobs die occasionally gets you screwed because of how lamia kicks everyone around. I even had to quit a couple times because everyone got petrified when lamia moved :dead:

nilnilx likes this.
  8. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

The dungeon is capped at level 35 so you need to have the recoded Amisandra Z to use nullify healing. It prevents Lamia from using Panacea and healing herself (and her minions) so you can maintain poison on her.

nilnilx likes this.
  9. supergaijin

I assumed he was saying that as a point of how far away from recoding he was before :p

But yes, getting to apply null heal at just the right moment to prevent her panacea is so much fun :D

10. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

My, my... So nullify healing is even useful against panacea?! Just so much to learn.

Yes, it'd be so much fun to keep poison effect everlasting -- I absolutely hate her using that skill after my units painstakingly pincer and poison her! Thanks guys! Wait, level, SB and recode....