Leviathan Recoded

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by derposed, Sep 2, 2016.

1. derposed

derposed Active Member

Time traps! NOT RIFTS, as you might have guessed by the abilities on Bahamut's O companions. The initial stages have a few time traps near the corners, while the final stage has time traps completely filling the 2nd and 3rd rows from the top and bottom. It's basically impossible to move without a time trap ward character.

Leviathan has all the usual stuff, ice barrier, maelstrom, icicle, re-summoning minions that confuse and lay sea mines. Leviathan has a tendency to push people into the mines and kill them, which can be annoying. Beat it with Piz'fer Λ, Lewto Λ, Daiana Λ, A'misandra Λ, Gegonago Λ, Shin'en Λ, all with Ice Shield companions. Yay for 0 damage icicle. I might make a movie of the final stage, but it's kind of long and boring.

supergaijin likes this.
  2. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
  3. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Has anyone gotten a companion ticket from this dungeon?

Edit: According to Tsrintox, they do drop!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  4. derposed

derposed Active Member

pattern:
    negtemp column
    reinforcements, breath
    negtemp row
    maelstrom, negate resistance, breath

5. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

I am using 80 luck team for now.
    Levi^ 96 luck (heal)
    Baha^ 100 (sun spirit)
    Jaguna^ 100 (heal)
    Shinen^ 100 (rainbow balloon)
    Seiryu 100 (ice shield)
    Lewto^ 0 (mog)
    3 runs and only one luck gained. When levi^ hits 100, I can try 100 luck team. 100 luck team without ice to break barrier was a pain the one time I tried.
    The most difficult part of the fight is sea mines in the last floor. Sometimes they are unavoidable and hit too hard!

6. derposed

derposed Active Member

I sometimes intentionally run over one during movement so the damage it causes can be healed up during my attack, which reduces the chances of random insta-kills during the enemy turn.

7. derposed

derposed Active Member

Found a rather nasty bug in the fight. Normally when you push him below the icicle threshold, he skips whatever he was going to do next to do a cross attack and charge icicle. However, if you push him over the threshold while he is charging maelstrom, he will do maelstrom, dispel ice resistance, plus the cross attack all in one turn. The cross right after dispel pretty much kills whoever it hits.

So, don't push him below the threshold while he is charging maelstrom, I guess.

8. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

11-minute fight even with best fire mages and Shin'en for destroying time traps, and drop is some crappy items. Are those recoded fights good for anything?

9. derposed

derposed Active Member

It's a 100% drop for the J3 item at the same stamina cost as ultra, which is not a 100% drop even with treasure hunters. Until you have a 100 luck team to get the goodies from the luck chests, that's about it.

10. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

To summarize, recoded fights save several hours worth of stamina, but the battle is significantly harder and takes much more time. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

11. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Well I got Levi^ too 100 Luck and decided to try 100 Luck Levi Recoded to get Goblet and trident for reg levi. Almost same team as 80 luck,
    Levi^ (heal)
    Baha^ (Mog)
    Jaguna^ (heal)
    Shinen^ (rainbow balloon)
    Seiryu (ice shield)
    Suoh^ (ice shield)
    It was farly easy fight. Just had to set up for last floor and try to kill before icicle (or atleast ensure Baha^ survives it).
    First run got Levi Fang, LeviO2
    Second run Levi^ & Arctic spirit.

12. pedrobotella

pedrobotella Member

I completed it the first week with S'naip (S'naip O) as a mover, Bahamut^ (Mog), Lewto^ (Mog), Gego (Healing Rod), Amazora^ (Mog) and Schweiz (Shield of Genji) for the taps. Wasnt really difficult. The only annoying part was confusion, wich made me S/L a couple of times.

13. turbster

turbster New Member

are there cobalt goblets or tridents in the 80/100 luck chests of descended/evolved/recoded?

14. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I accidentally started this with a 100 luck team when I meant to sub out one of the characters for Lewto^

To my surprise I was able to beat it!

If you have Shin'en and you use a disarmer (where else are you going to use them?) then the event is actually pretty easy!

I've now done it a couple more times (on purpose!) with 100 luck team.
    My team was
    Bahamut^ with ice shield
    Seiryu with ice shield
    Jaguna^ with ice shield
    Suoh^ with blizzard staff
    Lich^ with Lani
    Shin'en^ with Whitewyrm wand (and confusion ward skill)

That's right, no capsules!

The key is to know Leviathan's pattern.

Step 1 - avoid vertical attack.
    Step 2 - double pincer, applying ice attacks with Lani and blizzard staff.
    Step 3 - kill fisheye add or, if not possible, get Shin'en to be the remote target (he's immune to confusion).
    Step 4 - Make sure Jaguna^ gets levitation on everyone. Easy to do if there's an add lying around from the last turn.

Repeat and eventually ice barrier will break. Continue same pattern with Bahamut doing most of the work. There is a brutal point when he transitions - gives an ice cross attack and then icicle next turn. Just weather it best you can. Getting double pincer should give Bahamut the resistance he needs to survive. Be aware that leviathan cruelly follows the icicle attack with a breath attack so there's extra damage there.

As long as Bahamut and 1 other character survive you've got it in the bag. The first time I ran it O only had Shin'en jaguna and seiryu survive the icicle. Fortunately leviathan just reverts back to his pattern after his big attack, so I was eventually able (seemed like 30+ turns later) to kill him with white damage :D

15. derposed

derposed Active Member

If you upgrade your ice shields (20% per activation) to subzero shields (30% per activation) you get total immunity to ice on steady double pincers, which is nice. The 100 chest drops Leviathan OII, Leviathan Fangs, and Arctic Spirit at a pretty good rate so it's definitely worth it to do a luck 100 run instead of 80 if you can. Getting a Leviathan OII to 100% is really good for the Bahamut Recoded fight since it actually destroys twisters, unlike Suoh who just has a ward.

16. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure what level of shields they were that I used, I just have some blue shields and threw 'em on

I got Leviathan OII twice, though Arctic Spirit would be pretty "cool"

17. derposed

derposed Active Member

Whatever you do, do NOT evolve them past Subzero Shield (A class). If you evolve them to S class, they become a non-stackable 40% equip shield.

18. derposed

derposed Active Member

leviathan_luck.png

Only 23 runs so don't take the percentages too seriously, but it tells the important story. I stopped once I maxxed out my Leviathan O II. D chest is mostly garbage, you can't really farm companion tickets from it. 80 chest is mostly worthless Comet Staffs with the occasional O II and fang. 100 chest is where the real rewards are.

19. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I've gotten at least one goblet from luck chest, not sure which one

20. derposed

derposed Active Member

Here's my current optimized run, killing Leviathan before icicle or maelstrom.

iken and doodootron like this.