Looking for item advice for mages (and general)

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by Kilroy512, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

I'm looking for advice in both the short term and long term for companions as I approach endgame, specifically for mages but also just in general. My general understanding is that for physical teams "peta" items are the best I would assume that white candle and status effects are best for healers/supports, but I have no clue for mages outside of Bewitching Bow. Is that just the best mage item or am I missing something big that replaces it down the line?

This is my current "main" team and what they use:
    Bahl: Bow of Genji
    Snaip: Skullsplitter
    Senala: Bewitching Bow
    Jennish^: Orichalcum Rod (reliable for MZ farming, considering trying to get another Bewitching Bow for other tasks)
    Schweiz: King (still need a reliable icebind for MZ7)
    Gego: White Candle

Other notables:
    Golem
    Masamune (not sure if it is good but currently use it on Mac)
    Trident (may work one up for Mac/Yukken if nothing better is found)
    Lunar Bow (use it on Yukken currently but probably want something better)
    Dracuan Knife (?????)
    Shadowy Rod (sometimes use it on my healers)
    King/Faerie/Golem Chronicles (seems to unreliable for MZ farming at 50% maxed)
    Zack/Lani (as bad as they look on paper?)
    Killer Bow (could evolve it if I find that there is nothing better to strive for)

I guess at the end of the day my question is, "Do I settle for 1 BoG, 2 SS, and 3 BB with some utility items for specific situations or are there better items for me to shoot for?"

2. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

You got it. Bewitching Bow is a good Otomo for mages. It's better than Orichalcum Rod, as it stacks. A better one is Mog, which can only be obtained in the Moebius collab event. Silver said a few days ago, there is a chance this event may come back in december.

A good decision for mages are the Axiom and Holy dragons. You can get them in the dragon fights against PDK and RDK.

Last but not least: Sorcery shield. Gives + 80 matk.

For dps charas like Bahl, S'naip etc. try to get Peta otomos like Ragnarok, Grand Ragnarok, Celestial Envoy from the last story collab event, Rune, Grand Rune, Bow of Genji.

3. Kilroy512

Kilroy512 New Member

Ah, alright. Thanks for the heads up.