Looking For Spanish Forum Moderator [Application]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eiji, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiji

Eiji Active Member

Spanish Forum Moderator Application
    Hello everybody,

The Terra Battle Forum team is looking for dedicated users to aid us in our daily Moderator duties with a primary focus for the Spanish Section of the forums. Do you think you've got what it takes? PM @Hyourinmaru or @Kivanc with the following template including your thoughts and answers!
    • What is your age?
    • What are you past experiences moderating forum and/or games?
    • What is your knowledge about Terra Battle itself as in the characters, team set/ups, items etc etc?
    • What is your personal motivation to join us and why do you think you're the one we should pick?
    Your daily duties will consist of:
    • Reading the forum posts from the users and check if none are breaking any rules and if so act accordingly to it.
    • (Re)Move /Close topics when nessecary.
    • Answer questions on the staff's behalf.
    • Participate in discussions of the staff to improve the forums.
    • You will check reports/tickets and solve them according to the Forum Rules.
    The more information you can provide us with the better. The ability to talk fluently in Spanish is a necessity and English would be a real pro.

All public applications will be removed. Contact us through PM only. Replying to this topic is allowed.

Hyourinmaru likes this.
  2. xAobax

xAobax Well-Known Member

We were talking about it but nobody wanna be it :wacky: but don´t worry,,we are carefull with our sub-forum, the most of things that we talk are in only one post. If we need make a guide or something important then someone make a thread. Atm we think we don´t need a moderator,,everyone is busy working or don´t know good english so we can go ahead. Thanks for give us that chance to be moderator :joyful:

3. Eiji

Eiji Active Member

Thank you, but contrary to your statement there are a total of four reports we moderators are incapable of solving and as well as three applicants already. The reports are in Spanish (of course) and it would be unethical to use a translator to solve it. So to avoid future disputes we're seeking a moderator to deal with such. As stated in the application, we don't require the person to know perfect english. Who better butchers their own language than english men themselves after all. A basic capability of speaking english will suffice. Your english skill suffice as they are, and if you wish to become a moderator, you can apply as well. We will continue to engage in this application and will be deciding out of the applicants at this week's end.

Hyourinmaru and xAobax like this.
  4. xAobax

xAobax Well-Known Member

You can send me these reports,,don´t worry I can try help you but I don´t need be a moderator don´t worry. You feel free to send me all spanish reports that you don´t understand.;)

Eiji likes this.
  5. Acero

Acero Active Member

As one of the seniors pósters in the spanish forum, i have to agree with @xAobax, the subforum its quite tidy and people use to behabe really nice. Moreover, we try to help each other and never seen anything nasty.
    Of course, feel free to find a nice moderator 4 us.... Hope will be a reasonable one!
    Regards m8!

Eiji likes this.
  6. Eiji

Eiji Active Member

Thank you, but we will continue to handle reports manually.

7. Longus Ordrac

Longus Ordrac Active Member

You can use Google translate?
    Step 1, Google Spanish to English
    Step 2, copy Spanish text into box
    Step 3, profit?

8. Eiji

Eiji Active Member

Heh, I wish it was that easy. Google translate is wrong all of the time.

9. Hyourinmaru

Hyourinmaru The Frozen Moderator

You know just as well that Google Translate might translate 90% of the words, and we're used to do that for non-English posts but mostly it's just random words strung together that don't make a lot of sense.

People might think it's not needed but we have to make sure someone is able to keep an eye out on the Spanish section since we all don't speak spanish. We need to know what is going on there as well plus when we get reports it's as I said above, hard to solve for us. Maybe the report is translatable but what about all the other posts involving the report? If we have to translate all the posts time after time..lol..there is no beginning with that.

As Eiji said, we have some applicants lined up and anybody is free to send us a message with the application template filled in from the first post.

Arthuria and Eiji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.