Lucia Event Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Kouromaro, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

Helpful links:
    Boss Mechanics by @Tharos - Very helpful. I highly recommend giving this a read. He only has a small note wrong where he said it seems to be possible to avoid being inflicted Nullify Healing by Storm Witch. Turns out that is unavoidable. Tharos updated it and all info seems accurate now!
    Dungeons and Reward Characters Info also by @Tharos
    How to Decide Which Dungeons to Run by @Person Man - Helpful guide that has been well received by community members.
    Wiki Article on The Event - It lists all dungeons' enemies and floor layout. Very helpful for setting up before boss.

Tips I have gathered from the thread and through experience:
    • Lucia I
      • Only during first turn, if you damage her for more than half her HP without killing her, she hits you with a really hard attack that most likely will wipe out your team. So, either kill her outright, or don't damage her too much, or don't damage her at all.
    • Lucia II
      • Boss absorbs Fire damage, so avoid using Fire DPs. Having Anti-Fire Capsules and Shield does help, so if you want to not have to worry about boss, bring characters with those or equip companions with those skills. From personal experience, Lv1 Helmet/Visor should be enough with Power Point.
      • The boss has a base 50% chance to drop. If Lucia is presented and alive when boss dies, the rate becomes 100%. Bring Lucia or any character with Negotiator if you would like boss to drop 100% sure.
      • Watch out for Blazing Gear enemy. They have Inferno, Random, whose trigger condition is unknown. With my weak team, I usually see character die from two of those hits.
      • Gore multiplies is adjacent allies' DEF and MDEF. So it might be a good idea to take them out early
      • Refer to Boss Mechanics link for Leonidas' behavior. The fight is pretty much just dodging his scripted attack patterns.
    • Lucia III
      • Magic damage are seriously crippled in this dungeon. Bring physical units instead. Spear and Sword units are preferred because most small enemies are Sword. But boss is Staff, so strong Bow units should do fine.
        For reference, my first pure magic boss fight was probably more than 40 minutes. My first pure physical run boss fight was 6:35.
      • If don't need healing in the first four fights, you should even go without a healer, because at boss fight your healer won't be able to heal.
      • Unlike Leonidas, the boss, Storm Witch, does not absorb Lightning damage. So if you really need a Lightning character to fill some specific purpose, go ahead.
      • Again, the boss has a base 50% chance to drop. If Lucia is presented and alive when boss dies, the rate becomes 100%. Bring Lucia or any character with Negotiator if you would like boss to drop 100% sure.
      • The Aluminum Soldier enemy will counter you with Demoralization Counter only if you pincer them horizontally.
      • At boss fight, every turn, the Healer Orbling will
        • Heal all small enemy to full health and boss by a decent amount if you do not pincer it
        • Heal itself and all of your units to full health if you pincer it
        So try to pincer it every turn.
      • The boss, Storm Witch, will inflict you with 99 turn of Nullify Healing before you can even move. You will have to rely on the Healer Orbling for healing if you need it.
      • Due to the above two facts, unless your damage is so colossal you don't worry about boss being heal, Control Time helps a lot, because the darn Orbling fly everywhere every turn. Literally everywhere.

I did not discover all of those on my own. Many are pointed out to me by forum members. Special thanks to them.
    If anyone feel like I am missing anything, reply to the thread or PM me, and I will add it in.

Most of the stuffs I posted here initially are now rather bad/unhelpful. So I wrapped it in a spoiler tag instead of keep updating it with new info I gather. Hopefully it would help people not getting confused with bad info. You can read it if you like. But do expect a long rant that is poorly presented, with a mix of good and bad information. I merely keep them here in case people wonder about the reason a few people responded to me the way they did in the following posts.

So far, here is what I find:
    My first impression of the event:
    The event is tough a big lie. If your team level is at rated difficulty, you would be walking the plank at every fight. Here is how I experienced it first hand:
    • Lucia 1. level 25 difficulty
      • By mistake, team of Lv 85-90 Leviathan^, Leviathan J3, Seiryuu, A'misandra^, Puprope'^ and Lucia
      • Get boss down to 1/10 HP in first pincer. Boss use Energy Backlash. Wipe. Fortunately I hit the home button in time
        Update: @Ashitaka noted that Lucia pulls this d*ck move whenever she is pincered on the first turn. And @Tziouv added that she only does that when she suffer more than 50% damage. So yeah, don't pincer Lucia in the first turn for 50~99% of her HP.
    • Lucia 2/Leonidas, level 45 difficulty:
      • Team of 5 level 65-70 A class at J1/J2 and lv90 J2 A'merpact 66%, because I want to save that XP and SB
      • Floor 1, Gaon's Blazing Counter and one pincer takes out Lv71 J1 Korin like it is nobody's business.
      • Floor 2 took three "attempts" to not have anyone died from unlucky double Inferno, Random
      • Boss's Solar Wind phase is manageable. Except adds that you cannot kill while dodging push your character into the AoE and you could only watch your character die and mumbling "F*ck*
      • Attempt 2 with Lv 85-90 Leviathan^, Leviathan J3, Seiryuu, A'misandra^, Puprope'^ and Lucia, thinking "enough messing around," obviously.
        Still seeing my Z class at half HP from time to time. Well duh, Ice character are going to be toasted by Solar Wind, but this is a level 45 dungeon and my Leviathans are Lv88+, guys :|
    • Lucia 3/Storm Witch, level 70 difficulty:
      • Team of Lv 85-90 Leviathan^, Leviathan J3, Seiryuu, A'misandra^, Puprope'^ and Lucia
      • First attempt at floor 1 see everyone getting slowly chopped to death because I was greedy and double pincer, only to get Demoralization Counter in the face of my healer and the best 3 of my 5 4 DPs... (Lucia isn't really a DP...)
      • First attempt at boss: wipe. I mean, not wiped, but I "surrendered." I didn't guess well enough about the orbling's mechanic until adds and boss are done killing Lucia and A'misandra^.
      • Second attempt at boss took more than half an hour. Probably more than 40 minutes.
      • Small monsters took more than one pincer with four Z class mages to die. What is this? A dungeon full of bosses?
      • Update: Physical damage is the way to go for this battle. It was so miserable for me only because my team is pure magic. Just took 6~7 mins with a non-optimal (still relatively strong) physical team.

Basically, I say that the difficulty shown is a big fat deception. If somebody can point me out what I have been doing wrong I would gladly learn. I thought about having Ma'curi or S'naip in. But heck, at boss fight, multiple times my Z class mage are down to 1/4 health. Ma'curi would have been long dead by then. Especially considering he would need to melee boss. Furthermore, boss's DEF, while is only 2/3 of his MDEF, is still frigging 2000+.

Also, let's consider more of the Storm Witch fight. Occasional Demoralization Counter renders any melee characters useless. The less splash damage you can deal, the longer the fight will be. So in conclusion: No mage? No game. This is not fun. Considering literally the only gold mage I have ever drawn over more than 1 year is Puprope'. Had I been a player who start a year ago, no Seiryuu, no Leviathans, Storm Witch would probably take me... 3 hours? Assuming I haven't loss already, of course.

I don't know what I feel about Storm Witch fight anymore. On a hand, I am annoyed of the prolong battle. On the other hand, having to consistently pincer the orbling that literally run all over the place while still trying to deal as much splash damage on everything else is... challenging, and thus... somewhat interesting. So it is hard to say how I feel right now. 1/4 upset, 1/4 excited, and 1/2 refreshed, I guess?
    Certainly make me think twice about getting a 80% Storm Witch though...

This seriously make me wonder if I am doing something very wrong. Terra Battle has never felt like this, except for hardcore Lv100+ bosses. I guess my main problem is I am seriously bugged about the completely misleading difficulty rating. Leonidas should be Lv60 and Storm Witch should be Lv100 difficulty, damnit.

How about you all?

Update: People in the thread kindly pointed out what messed me up. Storm Witch is supposed to be dealt with by physical damage, unlike my guess above. I was running 98% magic team when I first wrote this.

On an entirely(?) different note, Tranquil Clock drops from Storm Witch. I looked it up and it is 54B2's job up item. What the heck? He is a normal PoT character, but his J2 unlocking items only drop from Storm Witch? Can @Tharos check if the item drops anywhere else? Because this is very weird.Checked TBS app and it drops somewhere else too. Just not listed in the Z character data thread.
    What remains true of my first impression:
    - The new dungeons are very challenging for their rated difficulty. More than any other dungeons.
    - I made the horrible mistake of fighting Storm Witch with a pure magic team. Don't make the same mistake or expect a 30-50 minute fight.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Member

It's a challenge. Thank you MW. I went in underprepared as well and had to battle a bit to get both monsters.

I do agree with you though, the difficulty levels are very deceiving. Going in with characters at the minimum levels would be a slaughter.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  3. convolutionx

convolutionx Member

it's hard, but on another note, why isn't Ancient Map dropping from witch? Killed it 3 times now =/

4. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Why are you bringing magic lol? Use physical DPS. :penguin:

5. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

As I explained, I don't have problem with challenge. But the difficulty rating threw me way out of my chair.
    Do they work any better? As I explained (in my further edits), I don't know if melee works better due to Demoralize and huge defs.
    I bring magic simply because my only dark melee is Zenzose, and I was thinking Lightning dungeon eh, Dark time. Leviathans are there because I am lazy so I made a squad for all three dungeons. So that results in Seiryuu, Puprope^, Levi^ and LeviS. Lucia and Ami^ are there for obvious reasons.

And if melee works, can Ma'curi, S'naip and Bahl stand the heat? I kinda miss using them and cut through everything like butter...
    Assume 50/50 chance of Map or "the other drop," you still have 12.5% chance of not getting a map even after three kills. On that note, why not farm from an easier dungeon instead?

6. Northwestbt

Northwestbt Member

First run for storm witch took my 40 mins with samatha ^ Jennish ^ Alika ^ Yukken ^ Ami ^ and Lucia. Second run took Samatha ^ Yukken ^ Snaip Bahl Lucia and Jennish ^ in 15 mins.
    Edit : you don't need a healer

Kouromaro likes this.
  7. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

Just checking, but you brought Lightning characters to Storm Witch? I thought someone said Storm Witch absorbs Lightning.

8. Northwestbt

Northwestbt Member

Didn't do anything only thing I noticed is when storm witch does the immune to staff thing Jennish healed her a bit but didn't show the usually green numbers I just saw the bar move

Kouromaro likes this.
  9. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Man that was one boring *** fight when you only bring magic. Took me forever. But yeah, I can confirm that you're better off bringing a couple of DPS. Just make sure to pincer the orbling every turn.

10. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

No real reason to farm on storm witch. The Trinity will make Storm witch pretty quick, but I recommend Odin/Odin^ or other spears for durability against the mobs (circle of carnage). Because of storm witch's dark shield, darkness really isn't very effective, and neither is other magic. Oh, and I hear Ami^ can nullify the nullify heal (I dunno, I don't have her).
    And, to anyone reading this thread that doesn't already know, don't pincer dark Lucia on the first turn. ;)

11. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

I can confirm that AmiSandra's nullify doesn't work or at least it didn't seem to work when I bring him.

CloverKing likes this.
  12. Corporar Aturus

Corporar Aturus New Member

Looks like I'll have to level some DPS for this. Pretty annoying when the Orbling moves somewhere unpincerable.

13. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

Never knew about not pincering Dark Lucia on first turn. I thought that Energy Backlash is her critical phase attack which has a big visual tell. Completely didn't see it coming haha. Thanks for the notice.
    Oh I just want Leonidas and Storm Witch for completion's sake. I am the type of guy who get an extra copy of Chiton, Suzaku and Wailing Wall after recoding the trinity, haha. And to be honest, look at that Lv1 Pincer Column. That was what make recode OP at level-limited situations, right? :D
    Onto Nullify Healing:
    Storm Witch starts the fight with timer 0, so she/it casts Nullify Healing before anyone can move. Ami cannot solve it. On other note, it would be weird for Nullify Healing to disable Nullify Healing, consider that it is an offensive phase skill, not a healing phase skill

14. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Storm witch I played twice and both times got her down in 5 turns. Team was OlberZ for Evasion, Macuri & Zodin, YukkenZ, ZerroZ (should probably have used Snaip instead) and obviously Gego ^. All except Gego lvl 90. Can probably take her down faster if using all of the holy trinity. It probably is harder to set up without Gego^ though.

Mr. Magoo likes this.
  15. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

True enough about Ami^, but I didn't really look into it since I don't have her. I will also be getting Storm Witch and Leonidas again after recode, as I currently have ALL normally available monsters except kujata (waiting for Bahamut to come back...)

16. Corporar Aturus

They mean stopping the Orbling.

17. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

but the orbling heals YOU if you pincer it...

18. Corporar Aturus

And heals everyone else if you don't. Ellipsises.

19. Kouromaro

Kouromaro Active Member

Orbling is immune to Nullify Healing. Trust me, I pincer it with A'misandra multiple times during that 30~50 minute fight.
    Ashitaka meant that if by any off chance that it could be inflicted with Nullified Healing, you should feel scared. Because that orbling is your only healing source haha.

Now that makes me curious if Nullify Healing works on Recovery Counter. Should check that in a private PvP with someone.

20. Corporar Aturus

Oh I know that it can't be stopped, I just thought that you thought they wanted to prevent Nullify Healing on themselves, not apply it to the Orbling. It would be pretty tough, but I'd probably pair this hypothetical technique with Evasive Arts spam and just rush the boss.