Lucia Flowchart basic dungeon Q&A

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Person Man, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Now with tl;dr tell me what to do.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Sassmaster9001

Sassmaster9001 Member

sees this in chat. 2 seconds later, sees it here. .....I feel so in the loop.

3. Deilan

Deilan New Member

Very nice ! Thanks !

4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I find this both useful and a little confusing at the same time (usually flowcharts are pretty synthetic) :S

5. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

1 question: why is more efficient to farm recode items from Lucia 3?

Lucia1 gives ancient map and lantern, and since we are going to do Lucia 1 lots and lots of times for SB, we can assume we'll have more than enough of those items.

All that is left is farm compass, and that one drops from both Lucia 2 and 3. Drop rate is the same (100% for either one of them, so, 50%). As Lucia 2 cost a little less energy and less time than Lucia 3, isn't better to farm compass from Lucia 2 and the rest of items from Lucia 1 while SBing her?

Mr. Magoo and etlok like this.
  6. Tziouv

Tziouv Well-Known Member

Because it is. Nowhere does it imply that you're going to be SBing Lucia in Lucia 1 and it's clearly not intended for people who are going to.

7. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I believe that is addressed in the square defining casual runs. "Better for skill boosting Lucia for recoding."

Add the stamina for the ideal least stamina. Than do 35x10 + 30x10. Since the drop rate in 2 is 50% on compass, you would run it about 10 times to obtain 5.

8. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Im getting bad luck with compass.
    How much leonidas sb% adds to lucia recode sb %?

9. Kuyon

Kuyon Member

Leonidas adds 20% of his SB% to Lucia when recoding.
    The same goes for Storm Witch.

10. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Even if his sb0%?

11. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    20% of 0 is 0

Just to make it clear for people who may ask this, if you don't need items but want to make Lucia Λ reach 100% SB, recruiting Lucia in "Lucia the Explorer I" Dungeon (30 stamina, 3% SB increase for each catch) is more efficient than recruiting 35 times (first recruit + 34 * 3% = 100%) both Leonidas and Storm Witch in "Lucia the Explorer II" (35 Stamina) and "Lucia the Explorer III" (40 stamina), since only 20% of their SB will be transferred to Lucia Λ, each catch that comes after the first one means a mere 3 * 20% = 0.6% SB added to SS Lucia's SB (running an harder and more expensive dungeon).

This is (mathematically) true even if you consider the fact that Lucia's recruit rate in "Lucia the Explorer I" is 50% (so you'll need to spend, in average, 60 stamina for increasing her SB by 3%) while, bringing Lucia in "Lucia the Explorer II" or "Lucia the Explorer III", Leonida and Storm Witch will join you 100% of the time, and this means (on a base of 60 stamina) a +5.14% for Leonidas (+1% to Lucia) and +4.5% for Storm Witch (+0.9% to Lucia).

Same for running Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin II for catching Suzaku/Chiton/Wailing Wall.

EDIT: whops, thanks @Christian and @vortax for correcting me, I mistakenly wrote that each catch increase these units SB by 5% instead of 3%

mistrail and Mr. Magoo like this.
  12. Christian

Christian Active Member

No, his sb must be 100%/5 = 20%

rcox likes this.
  13. Christian

Christian Active Member

N
    NOt 5% but 3% each recruit.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  14. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

Ok, so, which is the shortest (less stamina) route to get Lucia to 100% SB, and at same time, get all the items needed to recode her when desired SB is reached?

AFAIK, is run Lucia 3 once, Lucia 2 as many times as needed to get 5x compass (mathematicaly speaking, 10 times), and Lucia 1 till SB 100%, wich should also grant enough lanterns and maps. Am I right?

Todd, Soupman and Mr. Magoo like this.
  15. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Yes, you are right.

Dungeon 1: Lucia
    Cost: 30 stamina
    Boss items: 100% chance to have Lantern or Ancient Map (recode item)
    End of stage drop: 2x Key of Hearts, 25% chance to have a third one.

Dungeon 2: Leonidas (Fire)
    Cost: 35 stamina + 1 Key of Hearts
    Boss items: 100% chance to have Lantern or Compass (recode item)
    End of stage drop: 2x Key of Diamonds, 25% chance to have a third one.

Dungeon 3: Storm Witch (Thunder)
    Cost: 40 stamina + 1 Key of Diamonds
    Boss items: 100% chance to have Compass or Ancient Map (recode item)

You need 5 Lantern, 5 Ancient Map and 5 Compass for her recode, so I suggest you
    • Running *several times (3-5) Dungeon 1 and farming, at the same time, Lucia, Key of Hearts and Lantern/Ancient Map
    • Running *1-2 times Dungeon 2 for getting, at the same time, Leonidas, Key of Diamonds, and Lantern/Compass. Bring Lucia or (Pro) Negotiator for a 100% recruit rate instead of the usual 50%.
    • Running 1 time Dungeon 3 for getting Storm Witch; you need only one run if you bring (Pro) Negotiator or if Lucia is alive when killing Storm Witch. You may also find a Compass, which could means you'll need to run one Dungeon 2 less
    • Running Dungeon 2 as many times you need to get the 4-5 Compass you need. Again, Lucia/(Pro) Negotiator can save you some time since each catch means +1% SB to Lucia (read my previous post).
    • Running Dungeon 1 for farming, at the same time, Lucia, Lantern and Ancient Map.
    * don't be afraid of running (let's say) 10 times Dungeon 1 (after getting Leonidas, Storm Witch and 5 Compass you need to run this dungeon again ...and again...and again).
    Same for Dungeon 2, since you need 5 Compass you can run it 3-4 times; for playing this stage you need the Key of Hearts you can farm in Dungeon I, reason I wrote to run it several times.

isley89, robarf, Tujion and 3 others like this.
  16. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

Nice! As I thought, then. Fortunately, I've got both Samatha and Yukken Z, so each run is a sure capture.

Unfortunately, I've already run dungeon 3 once and dungeon 2 three times and not a single compass!!! :-(

17. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

Btw, SB boost when capturing Leonidas and Storm Witch (and Lucia) is 3%SB, not 5%, so each capture means a +0.6% when recoding, not +1%.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  18. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    double fail. Corrected for Lucia and forgot about Leonidas and Storm Witch, thanks vortax ;)

vortax likes this.
  19. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

I have the opposite luck to most i guess. I got 5 compass. But 1 Map and 1 Lantern :bag: So I should be hitting dungeon 1 until I get the items right. Less stamina cost and Lucia gets SB to boost. Good thing I guess!

vortax and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  20. vortax

vortax Well-Known Member

*Another Lucia 2 run, and I get another Lantern*

Mmmm... ok, it's gonna be one of those days...

image.jpg

robarf likes this.