Luck: The Update no one wanted or ask for

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Person Man, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Introduction: I'm going to keep this short. Some sections are going to leave out the math for the time being. In short luck is another form of skill boost, but the amount you naturally gain is much less. Monsters and low rank adventures stop at 70 luck. SS adventurers stop at 80. All Z and ^ stop at 100. High luck allows you to farm new items, coins, and monsters faster. The critical point is reaching at least 80 average luck on the team. The average team can be any size, so a team of two units with 100 luck is still an average of 100.

Farmable 100 Luck Units: Since the natural gains on luck are so small, we need to be a little creative in our ways to achieve 100 average luck.

Pact of Fate or PoFuck for short:
    tl;dr: You can obtain Jaguna^, Seiryu, Suoh^, Camellia^, Marlilth^, and Lich^ at 100 luck, Suoh, Camellia, and Sheena at 80 luck, and Jaguna, Velraine, and Marmalme at 70 luck for 5m coins and about 6000 additional stamina.

The newest pool introduced into the game allows you to spend coins or energy to obtain units, but instead of gaining skill boost, these units will gain luck. There are two halves to the PoFuck. The first is pulling with energy. For now until the mechanics are better understood, don't touch this with energy! It appears for the normal player not spending hundreds of dollars, this is a not worth it. That said, pulling with coins is great for almost everyone out there.

So what makes pulling with coins such a great deal? The allows you to obtain 4 adventurers with 100 luck and an additional 2 more with 99 luck. Owning 2 adventurers with 100 luck allows you to greatly improve your ability to farm additional coins via 5-8. If you have no reached chapter 30 to unlock recoding yet, you will be limited to one 100 luck and three at 80 and three at 70.

PoFuck Cost: To obtain all of the units available from the PoFuck will cost you 4,026,000 coins not including job cost, which totals to 297,000. An addition 140,000 is required to recode and 600,000 coins to repull those lost. Lets assume helices are "free" stamina at this point since 34-10 is a great way to obtain xp. Stamina cost things other than coins includes pig snouts at 5200 on double drop day, Black hole for 200, and White Hole for 200 more.

Overall you're looking at 5,000,000 coins and 5600 additional stamina to complete the PoFuck cast. That's about 830,000 coins and 925 additional stamina each. Currently this is the best deal always available.

PoFuck Downside: There are case situations where you might not be inclined to work on the PoFuck first. The first situation is a player who is nearing the end of completing the PoF. For a new player, completely the PoF means that Jaguna, Velraine, Marmalme, Sheena, Suoh, Camellia, and Seiryu do not appear on the PoT. Completing the PoFuck removes these characters only from the PoFuck energy. Since the PoF cost about 1,200,000 more coins to complete, those within 1,500,000 of completing the PoF should continue to do so if they wish to pull from the PoT without risk. Some may disagree here, but that's an opinion talk. I feel if you are that close to completing the PoT, you want to get it over with, not delay it for another 5,500,000 coins. The second situation is a player who is playing casually. This means they would want to pull from the PoT rain or shine and don't want to farm coins for hours and hours.

Shin'en: For those who own Mizell and Mizell O, Shinen is much easier to farm now. To reach 100 luck, it will cost between 2500 and 5000 stamina depending if you can bring a neg pro effect. The stage offers an insane amount of coins via selling buddies and luck chest.

The Descends:
    tl:dr Each descend reaching 95 luck cost 300,000 coins and 4000 stamina on average. Stamina can be reduced by half with treasure hunt, neg pro, and PDK xp buddy.

Preword: It seems in the time I was writing this post I had forgotten my personal position in the game. It has been pointed out the the descends are best to farm after completing the PoFuck due to the need of obtaining the material monster with max luck.

Bahamut, Levi, and Odin are some of the strongest farmables in the game. The same whole true for luck, but the path is a little longer compared to just obtaining them. For this section, we're going to go the cost of recoding 5 times to obtain 95 luck ^ units. The values hold true across all three descends since they all have nearly the same rates. So lets look at Bahamut because he was there first.

Obtain Bahamut job 3 without farming multipliers: Capturing Bahamut is 100% on ultra. The job 2 drop is 100% on ultra after his capture. The job 3 drop is 50% on ultra after the job 2 drop has been obtained. This totals to 160 stamina on average. It cost 30,000 coins to add the jobs and 30,000 for the recode. 5 ether on double drop day cost 365 stamina on average. For Bahamut to reach level 80 without a metal zone event in all three jobs, we're looking at ~20 metal tickets and 6 runs of metal zone 7. I'll put a stamina tag of 300 stamina on that. Remember no multpliers here, so I'm not including the PDK buddy to double xp gains.

The grand total is 300,000 coins and 4,125 stamina on average to obtain a 95 luck descend. I would say that the descends are almost worth refilling stamina via energy to farm. They are around for only a limited amount of time and can open the door to 100 luck end game content teams (Dragon Kings, Descends, etc.). There is some work to finish reaching 100 luck. It may be worth the trouble to recode them a 6th time instead of farming the last 5 luck. I would rate this over PoFuck if you have completed PoF but have no coins. There is also the slow farming method where you recode twice each time the event is around. The first recode done before the event and the second during the event. You reobtain all of the materials and wait for metal zone 7 to appear in the arena. This could take up to 6 months to slow farm though if the descends do not become a biweekly rotation.

Mutoh: When we obtain a twister seal buddy Mutoh will become as easy to farm as Shin'en. Be on the look out.

Lucia: Predictions on this part using only information currently known. By recoding her 20 times, she would reach 100 luck. Right now magic units with 100 luck are far more rare than physical. That puts a little value into getting her. Each recode cost 30k, so 600k coins in total. No previous requirements. The cycle without knowing Lucia 4 stage would be run Lucia 1-3 once to obtain the drops. Level the units to 80/50/50. Recode. At some point you may need to run extra stages to gather more materials. There may be team wide luck gains during the dungeon. Since Lucia needs to be on the team, this could reduce the number of runs a little or a lot.

Dragon Kings 100 luck farm: This is just theory talk. Lets brainstorm together.
    PDK: Can be cheesed with Tonberry. The troublesome mechanic is a kinetic trap. None of the farmable 100 luck units carry a control time besides lich^. There is also no healing on the team outside of Jaguna's area 2 heal. This could make things extremely difficult and take a long time. One solution could be recoding Palpa 53 times similar to the descends. This gives the team a method to gain CT, tap buffs, and regen. This would cost 2515 energy and having Palpa reach 100% SB again. Yes I know this is very painful on paper, but brainstorm.

RDK: There is a Regencell kill method out there. We know that the Axion buddy is very helpful here. Baha^ and Levi^ give us 2 high magic attack units. Lich^ has decent magic attack and control time. Sadly the magic buffs are hidden behind this dungeon. That means no recoding Mizell to help us easy farm 100 luck drops. It could take months for Schweiz and Preyna to reach 100 luck. It pains me to say it, but Sh'berdan^ might actually be the solution here. Once again, he's hiding behind 2515 energy and recoding 53 times. It sounds even worse than Palpa. to be honest. He may not be a regencell replacement either. With the upcoming Snaip^, maybe there's some sort of team for Suoh^, Cammy^, Palpa^, and Snaip^ that can use taps.

IDK: I honestly don't remember much of this fight myself even though I ran it so many times. Once again Schweiz and Peryna are flexing their muscles. The problem is they can't be recoded. None of the proton characters can be either.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    supergaijin, Ph B, nilnilx and 15 others like this.
  2. Person Man

Medals:
    Place holder and after word. I believe the luck system is complete bullshit. I only did this so we can have a better understanding of our available options. If there's better methods discovered, I will be slow to update them in the future. I will be quick about it in the present. Hopefully Mistwalker changes something because right now I see it only benefiting those that spend tons of money and bots. I'll make a math post about cheaters later showing how bad the system is due to the recode and having to pull again system.

Work in Progess:
    80 luck teams for obtaining select buddies. Lets think of it like Mega Man. You have your standard thing but there's one silver bullet. You pick a boss to start on and move on to the next boss that's weak new toy.

A lot of good things for the new trap mechanics. Thanks to @Tharos for making the data easy and visible.
    Kinetic traps: The worst mechanic to play against.
    Mizell. Hands down the best. Her mechanic is a equip. Nothing else compares. Wards only void the mover's damage. OII require 1 turn of set up. I would say only PDK allows for that easy first turn. So lets look at PDK here since the other maps with wards are knowns.
    • Dispell: Mizell Ο, Camellia ΟⅡ, Amina ΟⅡ, 8-Bit Golem ΟⅡ, Peyrna ΟⅡ, Beau'ne ΟⅡ, Kraken Kino ΟⅡ
    We're looking at 100 luck farming teams with items that can be obtained with 80 luck teams.
    I would love to just point to Peyrna, but that's not farmable. Cammy, 8-Bit Golem, and Kraken Kino it is. Following the orbling as an example, 8-Bit Golem and Kraken would require a 80 luck team to clear the third rank. The golem's mechanic is twister. This is the hardest mechanic to clear but usually allows multiple turns to set up against it. Camellia OII drops in Shin'en 100 luck teams.... I'm going to ignore this for now.
    So it may be worth your time to farm either Kraken Kino or 8-Bit Golem to 100 luck in the upcoming events. If there is a possible 80 luck team, it would be worth the trouble to spent the time slow grinding the stage a few times to collect the drop.

Rifts: The easiest of the new mechanics. You just have to not touch them.
    Mutoh^: Would be the best here if she didn't heal one of the bosses that uses rifts.But rifts are the easiest of the mechanics to play around so lets look at options other than dispell.
    • Invulnerable: Korin Λ, Sh'berdan Ο, Bahamut Ο, Spinetrich Kino Ο, 8-Bit Orbling Ο,
    Korin and Sh'berdan could have been obtained in previous events. The interesting one here is Bahamut. We should already be farming him to 100 luck. That means Levi has some additional value towards the starting point.

Timeless: This mechanic is very difficult without a ward, but doesn't exist if you do. So Shin'en breaking the traps doesn't gain him much value, but he's possible 100 luck unit. So points towards the kinetic trap removal options as the starting point.
    • Invulnerable: Tiamat Kino Λ, Eileen Λ, Odin Ο, Burbaba Ο, 8-Bit Spinetrich Ο, S'naip Ο
    • Dispell: Shin'en Λ, Odin ΟⅡ, Burbaba ΟⅡ, 8-Bit Spinetrich ΟⅡ, S'naip ΟⅡ, Edg'low ΟⅡ, Schweiz ΟⅡ, Tiamat Kino ΟⅡ, Shin'en ΟⅡ, Eileen ΟⅡ
    We know Eileen and Burbaba are really bad, but more casual players can recode Eileen once and obtain 33 luck for a unit with timeless ward and control time. Odin also looks good though. More points to kinetic traps since Shin'en and Odin use them and help greatly against this mechanic. Read that as 2 strong farmable units.

Twisters: A mechanic which you can almost play around but really can't. So I guess this means it's the second worst. The problem is there's no true silver bullet, but that's almost fine. Mutoh is the best obtainable from twisters. Some people have been able to play around Bahamut 4's twisters, so this may be a starting point.
    • Invulnerable: Daiana Λ, Kem Λ, Mizell, Suoh Ο, Leviathan Ο, Slugosaur Kino Ο
    • Dispell: Suoh ΟⅡ, Leviathan ΟⅡ, Kem ΟⅡ, Slugosaur Kino ΟⅡ, Andelucia ΟⅡ, Mogha ΟⅡ, Mizell ΟⅡ, Daiana ΟⅡ
    So Suoh and Levi stick out a lot here. Mizell is already a gate way drug. Sadly, I don't feel slugosaur adds value there. Andelucia and Mogha is a joke since she heals Mutoh (and her big scary twisters).

So from what I can see it really is 2 camps. Those with or without Mizell.

Mizell -> Shin'en -> Levi -> Baha -> Rifts (IDK) -> Other Dragon Kings? / Mutoh farming?

Otherwise it looks like you're loking to start on timeless ward.

Tiamat Kino Λ, Eileen Λ, Odin Ο, Burbaba Ο, 8-Bit Spinetrich Ο, S'naip Ο -> Levi -> Baha -> Rifts (IDK) -> Get good in Shin'en.

Recodes: Units worth recoding to atleast boost their luck. The question is how much is it worth?
    We all know Z healers are good. If you have Ami'sandra, you most likely have her max through regular use. Amina is recently a recode though. Hey recode would go to gain free luck and avoid any gold road pulling issues.

Snaip. Same thing as Amina but he puts you on silver road. If he's your only silver and you are willing to boost him again, this is an option to spend 15 energy. We all know he's going to be good. May be apart of a double tap physical Mutoh 100 luck team. Note that requires 45 energy *vomits*

Gego. He's broken most of the time. He's easy to use on a lot of teams.

Gatz: Teasure Hunter, Tapper, Berserker. Not going to lie, I didn't think he was going to be as OP as he is. I knew he would be strong, but he's up there.

Palpa^: I underrated her. Currently I'm using her against Orbling Hime and she's pulling her weight. Some what easier than Gatz to skill boost again.

Team, I'm going farming: Units that you should think about using in the off chance they gain enough luck.
    Schweiz - This is Broken 1, can you hear me Broken 2?
    Peryna - Broken 2 here. I can hear you Broken 1.
    Gugba - He's pretty much a Z rank.
    Banana - To be judged later depending on how important coins out.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

I love your maths, analysis, theories, and wording such as PoFuck:goodjob: Good work:goodjob:

Technique and Terra-Em like this.
  4. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

I like you post. There is some things i want to add though. Is that going just for 80 luck team will get you all of mizels recode mats and a probably all the recuitable characters o2(too early but it looks like it) So that means 80 luck teams can get disarms for all traps. Kraken o2 looks especially juicy since it kinda opens up shin en farming to anyone with two hops. I also think it might be worth examining Descent/\ runs with 80 luck teams. probably at least worth doing to get that last 5%. Also what about lucking up k/8s they seem pretty trash but they are potentially easy 100L trap handlers.

5. Person Man

Medals:
    Isn't Mizell^'s Holy Dragon^ a 100 luck drop?

That is a great thought about Kraken though become a trap breaker. I know the drop charts are floating around. I'll take a look at them when I find them to see the potential. Hopefully Kraken's way of gaining luck isn't the same as Orbling, but it might be a fine no energy investment.

6. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

We have no confirmation of Holy dragon specifically but PD/\ is 80 so unless we are getting pranked. And Kraken was a 5%neg drop so i hope they didnt nerf it.Either way 0 L shin en still gets you shin en.

7. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Also for new players "PoFuck" does not increase SB only Luck when you pull from it. PoT will increase SB but not Luck. Total Bs.

supergaijin likes this.
  8. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Nobody is going to realistically be able to recode palpa 5 times unless they have already completed PoT (because you need to be able to redraw her from PoT), and then I think the problem is moot for them. The notion is so nonsensical you might as well delete it out of your post.

This exposes, in a nutshell, why PoFuck is a total scam. The average non-PoT-completing player will NEVER be able to generate a 100-luck team for content that matters to them!!!!! Never!

Okay maybe in 1-2+ years via LB farming but then they are way behind in terms of content

9. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    I haven't read carefully the OP (but I will, promise), but this reply made me react. I wouldn't be so negative. I maxed some of my characters SB over the months by just playing them, without SBing or without pulling them multiple times. (if only I know sooner than Ba'gunar is crap :D :troll: )
    It's hard to tell it after such a short time and without knowing how the LB works, but some of my characters got more LB than SB after 4 days (while others got less).

Of course, we won't always have the full 100-luck team we want, but having multiple 100-luck characters is totally doable after a little while. PoFoF and re-recode of characters pulled during 10/2 events will help a lot, I'm sure about that.

It doesn't change my thoughts about Luck, I still think Luck itself is not such a big issue (only having so important content in 100-chests so early in the luck system is a huge mistake), but saying we will stay out of all 100-luck content seems a bit pessimistic.
    Time will tell.

10. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

For many people, the PoF units (Seiryu, Marilith^, Lich^, Suoh^, Camellia^, and Jaguna^) will be the only 100 Luck Team for a very very long time (Shinen and Mutoh would also make great additions if you take the time to farm them). But that means whenever an event comes around with exclusive Luck100 chest loot, these are the only guys you can use to try and get them. And we can already see from these first events (8-bit orbling, bahamut recode) that that can be downright impossible (none of these guys are healers!). So most of us will always have to ignore those empty chests at the end until we have a better roster of Luck100 units. This is SO stupid!

Not to mention, we gotta choose between playing with units we want and farming exclusive items from Luck chests. Gotta give up one or the other. Can't do both. Yes, we can consider the chests as EXTRA loot, but the way they are presenting them in the game right now, when you don't get them it just feels like you're missing out. Why show empty chests!? Change the damn UI. If I farm Luck, I feel like I'm missing out on important items. When I farm chest items, I'm missing out on Luck-gain. This is a really bad system. From game design perspective, this is shit. This has money-grubbing 'producers' written all over it. Developers of their caliber would never willingly implement such a broken system... *sigh*

Anyway.. rant over. I really do hope they fix this system somehow. Like providing a plausible way to grind for them at least (What the hell is up with 8 stamina minimum?). Right now it's a garbage addition. -.-

supergaijin, nilnilx, Jmchang and 2 others like this.
  11. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Has anyone found a good place to grind Luck yet? Some place that's not too expensive in terms of stamina, but also boosts Luck frequently enough?

When Luck-farming the first priority should probably be AmiZ and maybe GegoZ because of how useful they are in general. Also S'naip^ when it comes out cause I imagine it'll probably be the best physical unit ever... Hmmm lots to strategize... ><

12. BambY

BambY Active Member

The thing is, this is counter productive ....
    Why the hell you may want the new shining character if it has 0 Luck ? you will not use it anyway ...
    so why should I buy / spent energy on useless character ?

The only thing to do then, is to make this character "mandatory" or very very uselfull for a specific event, like Mizell ... but then, those who can't have it, wont be able to do the event.
    Like currently, there is those who can farm shinen, and will have the best unit in the game with Luck soon, and there is the others ....

supergaijin, Sakenara and Chev4 like this.
  13. Ael

Ael Active Member

So there is people with mizel+mizel o+2 physical hop and all the other ...

Here is the new face of tb :
    tmp_10996-Screenshot_2016-08-26-17-31-59-732620438.png

supergaijin, ashael, Sakenara and 3 others like this.
  14. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Active Member

Person Man, I like your analysis, even though I don't like the conclusions. :oops:

*edited to remove off-topic gripes about luck system*

15. Person Man

Medals:
    Cjg, I don't disagree with you on any of the points and I believe my feelings were slightly expressed in the after word. As I said before, this is exploring our available options as limited as they may be.

wrongnotes likes this.
  16. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

At this point I dont think Anyone likes luck. It would by nice though if we could keep our complaining to other threads and just have one where you talk about how to actually handle the luck problem.

Also everyone says you need 100 luck teams. You need a 100 luck team to get burbaba o2 or an 80 luck team to get Odin o2 which does the same thing. And if that to hard an 80 luck Spinetrich8 team or an 80 luck Tiamat team. The point is that all trap coverage can be obtained with 80 luck teams.

17. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Active Member

To clarify: I agree with your conclusions. What I don't like is that MW put us in this situation.

As we discussed in chat yesterday, I think that getting Bahamut^ 95+ and Leviathan^ 95+ is an option worth pursuing, maybe even spending energy to refill stamina to complete them as soon as possible. Odin^ 95+ may also be a good option, though he seems a little less important to me since we currently have several other options for farming high luck physical characters: Jaguna^ 100, Suoh^ 99, Camellia^ 99, Suoh 80, Camellia 80, and Sheena 80.

Terra-Em likes this.
  18. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

This is probably's MW solution after realizing the SB system is removing too many units from gacha pulls, and making people spend overall way less.
    Although the way it got implemented 2 years in makes it a total clusterfuck.

But still... look at a game like Granblue Fantasy, where everyone spends like mad and get dupes galore.
    I'm guessing MW probably regrets ever putting the SB system in the first place.

19. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

Sorry man looks like you posted in the wrong thread
    http://terrabattleforum.com/threads...-the-new-luck-system.11331/page-8#post-123153 is for nebulous complaining lets keep this one about
    "exploring our available options as limited as they may be."

20. Sakenara

Sakenara New Member

I was about to complain about lucking Shinen/Mutoh since the dungeons are hard, but given the fact that the SB system and recent dungeons emphasize luck so much, it seems much tamer to me than our current dilemma.

At this point, I would like to see MW put in a drop (that can be affected by Treasure Hunter!) that can permanently increase their luck stat (up to the cap). I know that MW wants to make profit out of the PoToF, but this at least gives people an option of lucking an 'essential' character for a dungeon given a short period notice. If Endless Quest gets implemented, I would want them to give a fixed luck boost proportional to how many floors you clear (0.1% to 5 floors?) to make good on the promise that your most used characters are the ones that would have higher luck in comparison to others, since the current luck system is more rng than the SB system (server side and unclear mechanic on how luck is obtained other than higher rates/chance on more Stam consuming dungeons).

Honestly for us on the forums, without Tharos data mining for us or people posting about the new hiso bar/MW video update, we would be hindered in progress as we wouldn't have enough time to prepare for events that happen 1 day after appearing on the announcements because we don't have A recode material ready, B unit leveled up to do this dungeon, etc. (I doubt everyone has time to watch the lobi videos, and only the YouTube ones gets archived). But if the veterans see this as a nearly unclimbable wall, there's nothing to keep new players here if they know that there's a limited amount of content before they hit the first wall (sbing for new characters or whale hard), second wall (axion/photon/taps) and now the third wall (luck), which we can't climb over yet.

If worse comes to worse...I guess grind the 8-bit 1st difficulty to luck up the bit character IF you get the otomo drop for the character (which you need 80/100 luck for ;-;, I'm not helping the situation) and have cleared the pofof with high luck free characters, so you have a/one more 100 luck character that can counter one of the new gimmicks.