Mistwalker Popularity: How would you improve/market it?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by france001, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely clear, anymore. Mistwalker Minion used to be here, but they left, and since then, I've heard nothing.

Don't get me wrong; I didn't think anyone from MW would see this thread, but you're right, it would be nice if they did.

2. poopingpoop

poopingpoop New Member

3. Sean Bond

In my mind, you created an account on tbf JUST for that comment. :p

4. france001

france001 Member

Meh, the subgroup forum thread is called Feature Request so I thought I might as well post my passing thoughts here. I wasn't expecting MW to see it either. But there is no harm in posting what you think. I like to see it as some wishful thinking.

Sean Bond and Lucida like this.
  5. Sean Bond

You know, another thing I'd really like MW to do (wouldn't even have to be in-game) would be to release some sort of statistics on what players are doing. For example, we know we hit almost 200k Jade Dragon murders, but how many unique players have killed the Dragon Kings? Shin'en & Mutoh? Etc. Microsoft has implemented a "rare achievement" prompt when you unlock an achievement few other players have, so it would be cool if MW let us know what the player base is up to. Outside of bragging rights, it'd be cool to know how far along everyone playing actually is.

SatchmoBGW and Ryden like this.
  6. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

This would be interesting, but also a bit difficult to calculate. How do you define "how far along" someone is? Releasing player statistics would be good if there was a big community, but TB isn't exactly large so it could actually backfire.

Someone else mentioned above expanding the achievements so maybe MW could release stats on achievements instead? It'd be nice to see how many have cleared Shin'en/Mutoh Hard Mode or how many people have managed to get 80 drops from Puppet Time.

Sean Bond likes this.
  7. Sean Bond

Yeah, I definitely considered the backfiring perspective; I wouldn't ask/expect for #s on how many active users there are, but maybe percentages. Like, 10% have beat HM Shin'en, 3% HM Mutoh, etc. More achievements would be cool (and more personally useful, of course), but I'm genuinely curious about how the playerbase handles the game.

8. france001

france001 Member

Say, I think it's worth a shot at asking Sakaguchi about these feature requests. Since the #AskTheGooch twitter event is out, might as well. MW has given us a medium to voice our thoughts, right? As long as it's a question.

Estavali and Sean Bond like this.
  9. Estavali

Estavali Member

I think it's worth a shot. Like you said, might as well =3

10. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

More wishful thinking but...

Job 1: Pichu
    Job 2: Pikachu
    Job 3: Raichu

Pokèmon Go collaboration.

Pikachu carries in C2/C3. Hooray!

11. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

I said this once on chat but make a more colorful app icon. Palpa just isn't doing it justice. Have a intro with all the character arts flying by and in that you can disable in the settings or just first time thing. Have Snaip^ lower left standing on his dragon firing an arrow at bahamut in the upper left maybe have grace^ nd stuff near snaip either that or put baha in the middle with a pincer in the upper right. Maybe stretch content by having something like baha and levi in a battle together or have rikken and yukken do a dbz fuse thing where they make rukken

12. Qwarf

Qwarf New Member

And advertise your percentage of free to play active players maybe "##% of users with 40 hrs+ of game time are 100% free to play"