Mobius Final Fantasy Recode Discussion

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by derposed, Dec 21, 2016.

1. derposed

derposed Well-Known Member

In battle 1, character slots 1, 2, 5, 6 will be trapped in the corners unable to move or be chained, so you can only use the characters in slots 3 and 4.

In battle 2, two of the corners open up so you can use characters 1, 3, 4, 6, but characters 2 and 5 will still be trapped. In battle 3 and onward, everyone is free.

Battle 7 looks like this at the start:

Screenshot_2016-12-21-18-42-12.png

So you can position your guys to take out most of the minions at the beginning. Boss is not too bad, but weapon seal can delay the kill for a while if it hits your main damagers.

2. Tempoltone

Tempoltone Member

I read DPS char deals 30% dmg with 6 taps w/o echo; With Nakupi, I don't know

3. derposed

Video of setup for final stage and 3 turn kill of boss:

Ignore the notification sound near the beginning... :bag:

doodootron likes this.
  4. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Some mechanics to the dungeon. You can 2 turn kill the boss.

http://m.imgur.com/4VfM4OM,nlDJqWZ,kZnJToX

Mog is the key to it. It appears each debuff drops its defense 50%. He also had strict turn ordering. I believe if you make a double pincer with him on the top left, all following attacks do infinite damage. Going to experiment now.

And don't recode your echo until you have all the items you need.

Testing edit:

I'm pretty sure the only important part is killing some mobs turn 1 on the boss. If you double pincer pp with mog in the top left location, 2 turns off the debuff should kill it no problem. I'm pretty sure taps aren't required here at all. A triple should be infinite damage.

Theory statement on turn 1 kill.

Dps boss boss whatever
    Whatever boss boss whatever
    Dps + pp (or below)
    Mob
    Move mog here
    Chain damage source

That will be a triple debuff on the boss making the defense 0 for infinite damage.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Lucida likes this.
  5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I thought it would be useful to post what I've calculated for recoding Echo^ to max luck here.

5 recodes with monster LB to 10L (11 runs each recode)
    = 16+21+21+21+21
    = 1650 recoding stamina

5 recodes with monster LB to 4L
    (5 runs just enough for 5 sunglasses and you successfully recruit every run).
    = 5 recodes to 94
    = 14.8+19.8+19.8+19.8+19.8
    = 750 recoding stamina, or you can LB the 5th monster to 34 luck(35 runs) to get 100 on the last recode making total stamina 1650

3 recodes with monster LB 100/100/40
    = 34+39+27
    = 7200 recoding stamina

I've tweaked my numbers after triple checking but maybe it's still wrong but the stamina cost is simply insane with 3 recodes for some reason, and all this doesn't even account for all the job item farming you have to do each time.

Since there's like a month to do this, and assuming you have a lot of the recode items already it seems recoding 5 times with Cockatrice^ at 10L each time is the most stamina efficient. If you are committed to doing this it's also better to just farm all the total job items required before even touching the recode stage since the main Mobius quest requires Echo to be at certain levels for certain paths.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Lucida likes this.
  6. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    30 stamina for 0.2 luck is why that number is so high. Yes it's a waste to farm her luck through the recode stage and much easier to recode her again.

7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Geez and echo^ isn't even good
    Will probably spend stamina on Ella^ instead

8. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I think Echo^ has her uses but I'm trying to LB Ella^ too and still have a long way to go so I think I'll try to spend as little stamina as possible and go for 5 recodes to 94L. It's not like I need her for a 100L team any time soon (knock on wood) so it will be fine to slowly LB the rest considering the stamina/luck payoff for her is terrible compared to Ella^. I'll still need to farm Kino Kraken to 100L too when he returns.

9. Uri

Uri New Member

What's the condotion to keep Mog from fleeing away?

10. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

More info: Stealh does not allow gego to pass obstacles on this stage(actually stealh, while proccing during pincer does not appear on the buff list) - edit: I'm a baka, did not realise that during the first turn stealh block is cast :D.

Monsters are susceptible to CC though

11. BambY

BambY Active Member

Battles 1-5

• No conditions
    Battle 6

• If the previous 5 battles took at most 26 turns, Moggy (Enemy) will spawn.
      • If Echo (Job 3 at level 80 or higher) or Echo Λ (level 80 or higher) is in the party, Moggy will say "Try to hit Moggy if you can, kupo! Don't hold back, kupo!", wait for one turn and then run away.
        • If Moggy is defeated, "Moggy's impressed, kupo!"
        • Otherwise, "Moggy's disappointed, kupo..."
      • If Echo or Echo Λ is under-leveled, Moggy will say "Echo's pretty weak, kupo. You should train to get stronger, kupo." and run away before player's turn.
      • If Echo or Echo Λ is not in the party, Moggy will say "Looks like Echo's not here, kupo. Moggy misses her, kupo." and run away before player's turn.
    Battle 7

• If Moggy (Enemy) was defeated in previous battle, Moggy (Ally) will spawn.

mudamuda likes this.
  12. Loner

Loner Active Member

There is something I don't understand with the 3 recode way. Why does the last recode need monster with 65L?
    If I'm not wrong, you need 27L from the last recode, and since you get 14L from 70L Mothbot and 5L from re-recode, all that left is 8L from the monster, means you just need to farm it to 8 x 5 = 40L?

13. freelame

freelame Active Member

doodootron and Oogie like this.
  14. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

these crap new characters are being so hard to 100 L lately :inpain:.... anyway gonna try to do em all as usual :woot:

15. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

So say if I want to max luck echo and do 5 recode , I will need 5 of each items 5 times.
    So mantle loop /core loop /sunglassesx5 for one recode.
    That's 450 stamina 1 recode
    X5 time that 2250stamina
    I think that get me to 90l not include cockatrice v luck.
    Is this the best way to rerecode?

16. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

You're right, I didn't take into account the 5 from rerecoding when I reversed the formula to get the last number, I'ved fixed my numbers now.

17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

If you don't bother to LB the Cockatrice^ at all and just run the recode stage enough for 5 sunglasses each recode then you can't reach 100, you'd need to do 6 times. To recode for max luck with 5 recodes then you either have to LB Cockatrice to 10L each time or do 4L+(4+5)+(4+5)+(4+5)+35L (works out to be the same amount of stamina as 10L x 5).

Either way recoding 5 times is the best way as the stamina difference between 5 and 3 times is too great even if you take into account running the normal Mobius for loops.

18. derposed

There's no need to recode 6 times or farm additional cocatrice, just do 5 and grind the rest out doing trading post weeklies with a Panda equipped.

mudamuda and freelame like this.
  19. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Perfect. I've been farming the Kino/8-bit with a 100L team for so long I completely forgot the 15 stamina stage would give luck :s

20. derposed

Assuming you are starting with a J3 Echo, for 5 recodes farm:

21 moggy sunglasses
    40 crust loops
    20 mantle loops
    20 core loops

The when MZ7 comes around, repeat this 4 times:

Recode
    Run Mobius path A to recruit Echo
    Job and level Echo
    Run Mobius Recode to recruit cockatrice and another moggy sunglasses