Mutoh ^ and Shin'en ^. Strategies

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Slayn, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayn

Slayn Member

Hello guys,

I've tried killing both of them...and failed on both hahaha.

My team for Mutoh ^:
    • Gatz ^
    • Bonna ^
    • Myne
    • Sayu
    • A'misandra ^
    • Beaun`ne
    Shin'en:
    • Kraken Kino ^
    • Bonna ^
    • A'misandra ^
    • Gatz ^
    • Suoh ^
    • Olber ^

So far i didnt manage to deal more than 1/2 of total hp on both, Mutoh can kill your hole team with super gravity and the minions kills you with 1 hit using breath area.

Shinen looked easier since Kraken Kino cannot be affected by kinetic damage, but again, the minions kill you easy.

Next runs i will try with status effect skills, maybe it will work on minions.

Lightwalker likes this.
  2. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

I tried Mutoh with full photon team (equipped with photon otomos) and managed to deal about 1/2 of her total hp, then got whole team wiped out by the following whole screen traps. Looks like tap debuff does not always works on her, or only DEF tap debuff works, or it works at some phase only (maybe I am wrong, need more testing here). I am trying to look for some posts from Chinese community, think someone already got both captured.
    Mutoh.jpg
    Shin'en.jpg
    jobs.jpg

3. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

I ran into the same results with the following team:
    My team for Mutoh ^:
    • Souh ^ w/ Souh O equipped
    • Ami ^
    • Myne
    • Sayu
    • Gego ^
    • Beaun`ne

4. 770

770 New Member

5. Loner

Loner Active Member

I guess this is already "easier" mode since he didn't drop and there is a shield reward. Then it still looks freaking insane. Guess I will never be able to do this stage :dead:

ShadowMaster likes this.
  6. Slayn

Slayn Member

Well, how to say....i'll kill myself haha

ShadowMaster likes this.
  7. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

I agree, it still looks insane!! Terra Battle now somehow looks like "Let's dodge the bullets" game:smuggrin::smuggrin: let me go play Salamander to warm up!

8. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Active Member

wtfffff so that was EASY MODE???? :eek:

9. kuhaku

kuhaku Member

Yeah, recognizable by the 3000 flat damage received from bullet hits. On Hard/CH34 mode those hits deal 6000 (!). Which pales against Shinen's Wands though, as they're able to immediately home in on your party and deal 6000-7000 dmg Breath AoE.

The Shinen and Mutoh fights really seem to be designed around the idea of running them with Suoh^ and Camellia^, running Twister and Kinetic immunity through their respective unique otomos. That and hopefully a level cap increase indeed, which I dreaded until now.

10. atre324

atre324 Active Member

As far as I can tell, there's no new skill to avoid the bullet/laser traps on Mutoh right? They're not kinetic traps, time traps, twisters, or dimensional rifts. Maybe one of the new O Otomos has a skill that lets you avoid them?

11. kuhaku

kuhaku Member

It's always possible that they're in fact unavoidable, but the quest at least spawns them after a "Kinetic somethingsomething appears..." message. Either we can trust that these spread-guns and their shots are indeed classified as Kinetic traps affected by the respective immunity, or it's MW being MW.

Seeing how Mutoh's Twister fields can be nulled by Suoh/Suoh^, I'm moderately optimistic in the former scenario and that Shinen/Mutoh are indeed laid out to be sort-of-countered by two new units (or rather unit+otomo combos), just like the Dragon Kings are the testing grounds for Hop, Graviton and Photon units.

atre324 likes this.
  12. atre324

atre324 Active Member

Ah, so they are kinetic traps, but a different kind of kinetic traps than the dragon?

Is it even worth using Kraken Kino /\ or does he die too easily?

13. Slayn

Slayn Member

With Kraken Kino ^ you get 0 dmg from the kinetic damage, the problem is, that the units you push while moving the kraken gets damage, so its still really hard to do

Lightwalker likes this.
  14. jarsoffeet

jarsoffeet Active Member

If we need an short form to refer to them i suggest s&m:troll:

15. Tsrintox

Tsrintox Active Member

So I beat her twice(once easy,mode once hard) using the standard light team+suoh. Both times required some luck with her movement, almost pure luck against her staff. From game play testing yesterday, by getting 6 stacks with snaip and then using tap buffs I was able to do an attack of about 35k damage. She activates tornados around 60k so it is possible to take her down around the time she activates tornado, if not before that.

16. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

Right now it seems like a waste of stam and frustration to run Shinen or Mutoh hard mode without the rest of the team capable of surviving...been attempting with Peyrna w/ CE
    Schweiz w/ Axion
    Souh^ w/ O
    Kraken^ w/ Rune
    Gatz^ w/ Axion
    S'naip w/ Genji
    All pretty much die in first round

17. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Shin-en Λ Hard Mode beaten in 3 turns (not my run)

The trick is to start moving after the two traps shoot in the corner closest to your character to give you the best chance of living through the kinetic shots (since they'll be moving away after they shoot). There's a HUGE luck factor involved obviously. Also, hitting the traps themselves seems to do 6000 dmg but getting shot only does 4000 so take the bullet and yolo it and don't think too much.
    That being said, I tried to reproduce it for 2 hours and managed to get to the third turn but messed up there. I gave up and am gonna wait for Camellia O's release. :p

18. Terra battoru

Terra battoru Active Member

Lol I tried that and kept dying ;_;
    I guess I'll S/L until I get it ._.

19. memetichazard

memetichazard Member

Medals:
    But what were the companions equipped by the DPS team? Doesn't look like the 'free' ones...

20. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

Taking a break from Mutoh. It's faster to die in Shin'en at least.

Fight is still too random for my taste, but glad I only need to clear it once. Not much to say about it. Pray Shin'en's movement works in your favor and trash physics do too.

Re: Mutoh, here's a fail run. Perhaps by my error of underestimating spike damage. In any event, Mutoh's 20% phase will Axionball after two turns, so she has to die before that. This means packing two Olbers like I was experimenting with while safe, limit that slot for damage. I think Regen/status are helpful to have along, but I'd put a direct heal on Gego for my next run. Icebind is too unreliable.

Umowoïs, Ph B, west23 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.