Mutoh ^ and Shin'en ^. Strategies

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Slayn, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Do you know if its possible to use him in the first pincer as a mover, and kill both Staff in the process? Does he have enough damage to pull that off?

2. Loner

Loner Active Member

I'm not sure but I don't think Peyrna OII is a common drop from daily, never get it from any daily after many days. It used to drop from Tropical Haze but now also feel like already be removed from the pool. The one and only I got recently is from RDK L100 chest.

3. cde123456780

cde123456780 New Member

Yeah, it's possible. I use a team of:

1) Gatz ^ (Ragnarok)
    2) Bahl ^ (Grand Ragnarok)
    3) Snaip ^ (CE)
    4 Suoh ^ (CE)
    5) Kraken Kino (OII)
    6) Palpa ^

4. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

I'm running with Palpa as my only tap. Are you saying you can do turn 1 without a tap?

5. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

I saw a video where the pincered by kraken was left, but it was paralyzed and was hit by a Grand Rak held by Bahl.

Edit: I found a video where it is destroyed in turn one.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  6. -OMB-

-OMB- New Member

I've been consistently beating hardmode Shinen with Palpa as my only tap and Kraken Kino. This is the team I'm using:[​IMG]

Otomos are (in order): CE, Peyrna Sword, Bow of Genji, Grand Ragnarok, Kraken Kino OII, CE

Palpa's buddy really doesn't matter if I had a Kiss Bottle I'd be using it. I captured a vid of a sloppy (but successful) run on lobi but I can't post links yet so just search for "single tapper kino" in lobi and you should find it.

Happy hunting!

mudamuda likes this.
  7. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Thanks, but I am now up to 70 luck on Shin'en running with Palpa, amina, Snaip, Macuri, bahl and Suoh.

DanielMilian likes this.
  8. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

Wow it was way easier than trying Kraken. I even put Snaip and Macuri in the first pincer by accident and still got it. Sadly I don't have Kiss Bottle yet so I can't really farm it properly.

9. Niki

Niki New Member

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Squad:
    S'naip^ + Bow of Genji (Grade SS)
    Bahl^ + Ragnarok (Grade SS)
    Lunaken (Job3) + Rune (Grade SS)
    Suoh^ + Rune (Grade SS)
    Palpa^ + Healing Rod (Grade A) ***Kiss Bottle would be better***
    Kraken Kino^ + Kraken Kino O II

This method is achieved by sacrificing of two units (S'naip^ & Suoh^) during the punching bag round. After this round, the Shin'en^ can be easily knocked out by the rest units.

Alternative characters to Lunaken:
    Lunato
    Zuzu
    Olber
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

france001, TrueShadow and doodootron like this.
  10. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

It's pretty annoying not to have Kraken Kino OII, given that it seems to be the only thing holding me back from Shin'en (given the successful runs by the people above).

11. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Kind of too late to say this now that Kraken is gone again ,but now you can take Sheena with Panda into Kraken III. What was once a very slow and tedious battle will be way easier with both Suoh^ and Sheena. It was so annoying to run with mostly just Suoh for damage that I only ran it enough to get only 1 Kraken Kino OII and ended up throwing so many MM^^ and Omnicron to level it(even with bonus exp event), but this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

12. Sean Bond

The main issue is that I don't have a 100L team, so regardless of how long it takes to kill KK, I still wouldn't get the 100 Luck chest. :yuck:

13. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Active Member

Get to grind those Coins and finish PoFoF. The standard Jaguna^ + Seiryu + Invincible^ + Marilith^ + Lich^ team is enough for most stuff.

You can still get the OII from 80L chest anyway, so you can sub in one of your heavy hitters equipped with Panda.

Sean Bond likes this.
  14. Sean Bond

Yeah, I know, I do really have to grind some coins. Wish Battle Champs would come back (even though it was just here)! That's how I finished out PoF.

15. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Drops in the 80 box too. Now is not too late to start building a serviceable 100L team if you want to wait for Kraken, there's all the stamina in the world to do it with now. Else you can also use 8-bit Golem, or pull Mizell lol

You can always sell O otomo or MM^^ for coins. Farm 34-10, convert those MM^ and sell those even.

Sean Bond likes this.
  16. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Active Member

Me, too. At one point I got so lazy with Coin farming I converted all my MM^ into MM^^ and sold them all (each conversion nets you about 9000 profit). Managed to finish out the C ranks that way :D. When the C ranks are finished you're basically 80% done.

Honestly if I could go back I would finish PoFoF first. Not only it's faster to complete (so you get Invincible^ and Seiryu faster), but Luck Chests also help complete PoF, either through Coin drops or extra Monster drops.

17. Sean Bond

Hah, yeah, that would be ideal, given that I have her omicron just sitting in my companions list waiting for her!
    Agreed. Had PoFoF been out when I finished off PoF, I'd have done that first, for the reasons you just outlined.

18. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

Assuming you have 2 ATK tap characters, for example palpa and gatz, you can complete Shin.
    I use following setup: bahl^ left side top, gatz^ left side middle, palpa^ left side bottom. Right side: top Suoh^, middle Snaip^, kraken kino bottom. Damage dealers all have CE, Kraken has OII, palpa whatever.
    Using one tap from either Gatz or palpa and positioning pincers properly(left side pincer of bahl on top+kraken on bottom to proc OII)so Gatz hits left staff with CE you can dispose of both staffs with just one tap.
    Second turn is first clearing kinetics with Kraken, should be easy because he has CT buff from Palpa, and making horisontal double pincer.
    In the third turn you should have PP so activate all taps and do double pincer once again. If possible, try to place Suoh^ inder Bahl^ to ensure you kill Shinen.

19. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Doesn't matter anymore :)
    100 Lucked Shin'en today without using Kraken with Palpa as the only tapper.

20. linguist

linguist Member

Had my personal best for Mutoh runs yesterday - 5 runs for 6 recruitments and a CoT ticket. She's at 65L now, so I'm getting there, but I started wondering if I might be better off changing around my pincer placement; with regard to +10% MATK Adjacent buffs from GegoZ and Senala^.

Current Setup: GegoZ / Sayu / Senala^ / Edglow with Mizell and Schwiez on the other side so Sayu gets a 20%MATK boost and Edglow gets 10%.

Wondering if I might squeeze a little more damage from the following order: Sayu, GegoZ, Senala^, Edglow so Sayu, GegoZ, Senala^ and Edglow all get a 10% boost to MATK.

Thoughts?

To give a little context, I'm consistently killing Mutoh on the 1st summon turn, unless RNG movement robs me of the triple pincer in which case I wait for 2nd summon. When killing on 1st summon, every now and then Mutoh will have a tiny sliver of health left, so I'm wondering if changing the order as indicated above, might give me a little more damage on turn 1-4 to ensure that mutoh never has a sliver of health left.