Need squad help for 31-1 Antlion.

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by kingerikclusters, Nov 16, 2016.

1. kingerikclusters

kingerikclusters New Member

I see everyone struggles here and I'm desperate to continue.

Any help is appreciated.

Here are my characters:

Attached Files:

2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums and Terra Battle proper.
    Antlion takes 4x damage from poison, but it looks like you're lacking a poison character. A Frog companion should suffice, if you have one. Poison the boss, kill/avoid adds while healing and let poison do it's work. Lacking poison your next best bet is to use plenty of bow characters since Antlion is a spear type. Bow units will take less damage from spear attacks and inflict more damage on spear units. Antlion has very high defense and will brush off most non-bow attacks, but some damage is still better than none. Unless specified you should use each of the following units in job 3 and level them to 75+.

Main cast
    Harold - Your best archer and a very good old world dps unit. Lacking a poisoner this maverick will be your top damage dealer in this battle.
    Grace - A mediocre archer, but an archer nonetheless. She's B rank so she's kind of weak, but she has plenty of attack skills and two area attacks so she can deal extra damage on a double pincer.
    Amina - Your strongest healer (better than Amimari imo). Since she's already leveled just keep using her.
    Daiana^ - Not a very good archer, but she's a strong fire mage (tied for 1st place?) and has some bow skills you can take advantage of. Alternatively you can use Daiana (not ^) who's job 2 is an archer. You could level jobs 1 and 3 to lv 20 for the skill slots, then use her job 2 for the fight.
    Bonna - Bonna^ is a fantastic archer, but the time and resources needed to get her leveled, recoded and re leveled probably isn't worth it. However! Bonna still has petrify and paralyze which will immobilize the adds making it easy to heal and move around. She can also off heal to make things easier on Ami. She's pretty fantastic and you should actually use her more often even outside this battle.
    Bahl - A big risk, but man is she awesome. As a swordswoman she's weak to spears, but she's 1/3 of the Holy Silver Trinity so she's basically always awesome. She can dish out the damage, but she'll get hurt bad in return. Lacking any other strong dps you might need to use her, but I'd level her to 90 first for the extra HP/Def. The most important thing with Bahl is to level her job 2 to 65 to unlock Physical damage x1.5. It's a buff that stacks up to 5 times and can increase her damage by up 250%, although 100-200% is more common. Even against spearman she can hit like a train.

Honorable mentions - Units that could work, but not as good as those above.
    Samupi - A terrible archer, but still an archer and he has CT +2 (although so does Amina). Note that his job 3 is swordsman so it's best to unlock j3, level it to 20 for the extra skill slot, then use j2 for the damage reduction. Although he's an archer, Bahl is still the better choice. Samupi is more of a buffer for light/dark characters.
    Korin - Another big risk, but he can buff his and Bahl's attack and defense to help keep them alive longer. Should only be used if you use Bahl (I'd replace Daiana^).
    Zeera - Like Bonna she attacks with statuses and can off-heal. She's not as good as Bonna since she petrifies and demoralizes (the latter prevents damage from adds, but lets them move around), but she does have CT +2, chain so she can give Samupi/Amina up to 10 seconds of drag time to move your units around or turn herself and anyone else into a temporary mover. Pick Bonna or Zeera, but don't use both. One is enough.
    Opari - Man he's terrible. As a B rank he levels fast and is still an archer so he has merit in this battle, but his skills are weak and his stats are low. I only mention him because his skills have a high activation rate (your lacking skill boost on your characters), he has a +10% SB equip skill and HP +20% which will help him live longer. Still pretty weak though.

Hope this helps.

Makaveli and kingerikclusters like this.
  3. kingerikclusters

Actually that was more amazing than I anticipated!

I do have several frog companions, so I'll get those up and running.

I was so frustrated because I felt like I wasn't pulling the right characters, but this made me feel better.

Thank you so much!

4. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I would also mention that Grace can reduce Wild Beast defense, which is all enemies in this stage. Defense debuff caps at -30%, but that still equals about 28% extra damage from all your party members.

LegendaryFrog likes this.
  5. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    You also appear a little under leveled. Try to farm 6-8 for metal tickets for the next MZ6-7 events.

6. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

The next double drop day for 6-8 is in two days. You should use all your stamina on that day to farm as many Metal Tickets as you can. Be careful in MZ6/7 because if you're lacking any Shadownbind/Icebind skills the Metal Mirrors will wreck you bad. You can avoid the counterattacks by only attacking with physical characters meaning don't chain any magic attacks with Daiana^. During periods where the Metal Zones aren't available you can run ch. 20-1... It's long and is pretty decent for leveling plus you'll fill up on Dark Matter, Oxcesium, Animaton, Moon Tears and several other job unlocking items.

7. kingerikclusters

After two weeks of grinding, putting together the team that was recommended, and at least 1 unit of energy, I finally beat Antlion.

Thank you so much for the help, everyone! I've been stuck on him for like 2 months and I'm excited to proceed with the game.