Neg lost effect on 8-bit Orbling?!

Discussion in 'Events' started by nilnilx, Dec 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

I've been LB farming 8-bit Orbling for Mizell recode, and currently at 50. I'm using a 80 luck team with Yukken^ equipped with Pro Neg and even a kiss bottle on top of that to make sure of the drop. (Wiki says the base drop rate is 5% for the III, so it should always drop in double pincer right?) And the fact is, it had always dropped until one hour ago when I started farming again. Four runs, and only one drop. Did they change the drop rate or just invalidate Neg skills on 8-bit dungeons?!

Did anyone have the same experience? So weird, 45 stamina down the drain...

2. dre

dre Member

Pretty good drops in orbling I (assuming you've done TP) if you use full luck teams.

nilnilx likes this.
  3. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

I assume you mean from luck treasure chest? I've been running III since I want to make sure every run gets at least one drop. But I see your point in running I -- with half chance of 100L chest drops and additional possible drop from D chest and in game, it's like one drop for less than 10 stamina... I'll try that.

But still, why all of a sudden a guaranteed drop in III is NOT?! Feel like falling into a rabbit hole or sth. Really wish someone could explain...

4. Loner

Loner Active Member

I think this question has gotten asked a lot, and if I'm not wrong it's not a guaranteed drop since Neg Pro is capped at 18x, means with 5% base drop rate the rate will bump up to 95%. Also I agreed that running Kino I with 100L team will give better result.

nilnilx likes this.
  5. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    No, they didn't.

5% * [1 + (8 + 1) * 2 ] = 5% * 19 = 95% < 100%, so is not a certain recruit; happens sometimes you can't get it few times in a row, as it can happen players manage to recruit a monster without getting help from a Negotiator.

If you have a 100 Luck team, farming Kinos and 8-bit in their 5 stamina stages is often more convenient.

nilnilx likes this.
  6. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Thanks guys. I'm only aware there's a cap but I honestly thought Neg skills will amplify a 5% base drop rate to 100% anyway. Guess MW set it at 5% for a reason huh.

But then I just don't get this chance thing. For the past three days my every run gets a drop and now suddenly three no-drop in a row?! It's like I was just caught up. It might as well happen earlier so that I can find out about it sooner and not waste so much stamina. It's not like I need those OII or something. Sigh...

Sorry guys for the fuss.

7. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

These are the kind of stamina-worth/reward stuff that needs to be rebalanced.

Like, why is the 15 stam not dropping Orbling^ in chests A-C because of the length and difficulty tied to it ?

8. derposed

derposed Active Member

Completely aside, but you're better off farming Orbling 1 with a 100L team and no negotiator. You'll get about 0.85 drops per 5 stamina run that way, which is a much better deal than running Orbling 3 no matter what your setup is.

9. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    *assuming you're not gaining value from the trading post items

10. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

The game has long decided for us: want TP items, go for III; want luck farming, run I. Want all birds with one stone, screw u...

Seriously, metal minions hog 8-bit orbling chests so often it hurts!