Newby here with questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolfskar, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Wolfskar

Wolfskar New Member

So I am new to this game and i think i get the gist of it, i at least got an idea of squad building from brave frontier (not the same i know, on many levels) so..... looking to ask a few questions....

what buffs should i aim to always have in my party given the choice? obviously at least some source of healing? like in BF mitigation is a must, is there any equivalent buff to look out for?

what buffs/debuffs are not worth using in a general basis? (niche map specifics not included, just ones that are generally not useful)

Should i be aiming for an overall balanced squad of weapon types? or is stacking more of one type beneficial in some means i have yet to see?

So i see the special event vengeful heart and despite the "difficulty"/ monster levels only being a couple above my party average (beginner party so....no not great, like...average of lvl 23) and i think it has a "difficulty" off 25 which i assume based on the normal chapters to be the average monster level. but i got SMASHED, like turn 1 smashed......are levels just that significant or is the challenge just lying to me about how hard the first path is (read up on the alternate paths and their increased monster power) cause id really like to get Clara, both as a good unit (for me at least) as well as i think she looks nice.

is there any hope of me (not paying money for tons of resets or new units) to beat this challenge (at least path 1 for clara) in its time limit?

at the moment my squad is the (im sure underwhelming)
    Amimari (2nd job unlocked)
    Gatz
    A'mrepact
    Ga'gunar
    Bahl (2nd job unlocked)
    Gigojago

rest are just captured monsters and the starter knight and archer units

And

2. Tziouv

Tziouv Well-Known Member

First, don't fret over Clara, she's good to have but the event will definitely be back. She's also currently unattainable due to a bug. With that out of the way...
    • The way this game generally works is that you adjust your party to each level and not just build an uberteam that takes care of everything. It's not uncommon for the "difficulty" indication to be assuming you have a team tailored for the battle, so you will be having a hard time with a less focused party. The main scenario won't expect you to be using focused teams until very late into it, but challenges/events will.
    • Jobs are extremely important. Unlocking skills is easily the best way to strengthen your units. Job materials won't come easy early on though so you may need to read up on the hunting zones and what they have to offer, in order to start stocking up.
    • Your units are fine. The weak link is Gigojago, but only because you have Amerpact, who is a significantly better ice unit. You're going to have a great time in fire-themed battles with two Anti-Fire Capsule users.
    As for buffs/debuffs, pretty much everything stacks which can make seemingly weak ones potent, and seemingly strong ones broken. The x1.5 Phys Damage Bahl learns on lvl65 of her second job is an example of a ridiculously strong buff that you want to look out for. Elemental shields can potentially make a unit immune to an element, and elemental capsules can do the same thing for your entire party. You will discover what's good and what's not as you go.

Lastly, make sure you check this link out as well as drop by the forum Chat, to get all sorts of subjective and conflicting advice on more specific matters. :p

Sean Bond likes this.
  3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Good advice.

As you clear the story chapters you'll get plenty of energy for free pulls from the Pact of Truth. I would recommend pulling maybe 3 more times from the PoT (hopefully you'll get an archer for Odin and some non ice mages) then saving up 50 energy and rolling during the next 10/2 event. It seems like saving 50 energy is alot, but the event is such that if you pull 10 in a row you're guaranteed to get at least 2 units rank S and higher. That would be a huge benefit as most S+ units are plenty strong for your current position (even those that veteran players hate...Burbaba^).

Sean Bond likes this.
  4. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

For sure save up for the Pull 10 events. I was pretty unit-barren for a looooong time, but especially now that the odds of pulling Z units and the like are increased, those events will sometimes get you up to 4 S or higher units, many of which are excellent at this point. MW gives a lot of energy away, so you should be able to pull at least once every couple months. Also, if you have an Android phone, download the Google Rewards app; you get $0.10 - 0.75 for each survey (a couple questions a piece) you take (the surveys get sent at random), and you can then save that money up and use it to purchase energy from the TB app (which you can then use for events or random pulls). If you're bilingual you can sign up to take surveys in multiple languages (I do Spanish and English; not sure what other options there are). It takes a while to accrue any sort of meaningful money, but I've probably gotten $70 or 80 over the last couple years, so that's easy money to funnel into TB if you don't really buy stuff from the Google Play Store.

I also agree with @Tziouv in that I'd ignore difficulty, because typically it's hard to tell how much you'll struggle until you give it a try. Don't stress about clearing all the event content right now; do what you can, but also focus on building your team up. Getting your units to J3 will give you a better idea of where you're at, anyway (which I know isn't something you can do right now, but it's something to think about).

5. wenify

wenify Member

For vengeful heart, at least the first path, you need to level up the team a bit by doing metal zones or story chapters. The event lasts for a while, so no rush.

If you find the starter SS healer does not provide enough consistent heals, consider adding a second healer if you have it (even monster is fine). It helped a lot when I started and got a lizardfolk healer from POF.
    --------------------
    Unlock as many jobs as possible.

x1.5 physical dmg is OP.

Control Time increase, equip, is a skill definitely worth having for obvious reasons. Amimari has it in job3, so try to get it.

6. Wolfskar

Wolfskar New Member

Aight, good to know, i got job 3 on amimari, picked up daiana or wtv for a fire unit, and some spear using lizard (b rank i think) so...ill hold on to my energy till another event. Also, is Palpa worth using? (stone status cleanse from chapter 10 or something)

trying to determine what i should go till i have more to pick from...defensive, (like palpa, amimari, gatz, Bahl, and 2 more damagers as needed (likly daiana and A'merpact)
    or a little more agressive, like swapping gatz and palpa for moree damage (Sh'brdan and gigojago atm)

7. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

A'merpact and Bahl with her 1,5 multiplier buff will give you a good amount of damage. As Tziouv said it's important to look, which weapon character the enemies will have in the fight (especially in fights after chapter 30) and build a team just for that fight.

Gatz has the skill levitation all, which will become very useful in some chapters and of course he has treasure hunter. The recoded Palpa has an augment tap, with which you can buff the dps of all your characters. The recode version of Gatz has the same skill. Both are worth doing the recodes asap.

Take a second look at the B-rank lizard you pulled. If it's Ma'curi you got the second part of the trinity. Ma'curi has like Bahl in his second job a 1,5 multiplier skill. Ma'curi was the character with most dps before Bahl got her recode.

8. Wolfskar

Wolfskar New Member

not ma'curi, Sh'berdan or something