[Notice] Recent Forum Rule Violations & Bans

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kivanc, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Dear Terra Battle Forum users,

We would like to disclose some details about the recent bans and forum rule violations. We hope that this will give you chance to go over the forum rules and refresh your knowledge about general Forum Ethics.

In the last week, Terra Battle Forum Staff banned two users: Kev and DrewBiePie. You might remember Kev from his "referral work" and I am sure that most of you know DrewBiePie since he was a senior member.

After some investigation of Kev's work, we realized that the technique he used to give referrals was detectable and bannable by MistWalker. Terra Battle Forum Staff strives to ensure the safety of accounts of each of their user: we would never willingly permit to any action that might get an account banned at some point by MistWalker. After realizing this fact, I (Kivanc) have warned Kev publicly and repeated the warning in the chat since some of the transactions were taking place there. After the warning he agreed to stop such activities, however future reports suggested that he continued to do similar and even worse cheating-related activities. Re-investigation of his private messages confirmed this allegations. Consequently, he was banned.

For DrewBiePie, we got a report accusing him of trying to sell an account to a new user. After investigation of his private messages, we confirmed this accusation and confirmed that he has sold at least one account through private messages before. Terra Battle Forum Staff respects privacy and therefore do not moderate private messages. However, this does not mean that private messages are not subject to forum rules. In DrewBiePie's case, since the violation was already done, and the violation was done through back channels, the decision was immediate ban.

Please note that any kind of hacking and account selling are the two rules that we are VERY serious about.

Finally, during this time, we got some feedback on the fact that the forum rules are not crystal clear. A few words on this.
    1. No written rule can be crystal clear; laws written by countries are amended continuously. As a social person, you should expect confusing rules. We just revised the forum rules in the hopes that they will be clearer.
    2. Even if a rule is not clear, that does not give a user right to break it. Most of the time, humans are quite successful on judging what is "good" or "bad" behavior. If you are doing something, and if you have any doubts that it might be considered "questionable", please immediately contact with a Staff member and clear what you plan to do before doing the action. Once the action is done, it might be irreversible and will be subject to heavier punishment.
    3. Some rules might be contradictory or might not make much sense due to various reasons. Please remember that discussion of forum rules publicly is not allowed to prevent speculation. If you strongly feel that there is something wrong about a forum rule, contact to a Staff member and explain your reasoning and we will re-evaluate that rule internally and return back to you.
    Let me close this notice by saying that Terra Battle Forum Staff creates rules and uses punishments for the sole purpose of creating a better community for all users.

Thank you for your time.

~ Terra Battle Forum Staff

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Dear Terra Battle Forum users,

I am sorry to announce that we issued another ban. This time @Akir, a new member linked an automated approach for running Chapter 1-5 (e.g., a bot) to the Forum chat. This was detected and reported by a forum user.

I (Kivanc) sent Akir a private message requesting him to explain his actions in one day. After the day was over, I haven't heard from Akir. I ensured that he was active recently, which means that he saw the private message, but decided not to reply to it.

I would like to remind all users that in case of an investigation, per forum rules, the users must explain their behavior if asked by a Staff member. If the behavior is not explained, the Staff member will assume the worst and proceed with the punishment.

I would like to also take this opportunity to remind that any tools that simulate client behavior (i.e., bots) are strictly forbidden by the forum rules. Discussion of such tools are forbidden as well.

Thank you for your time, please don't hesitate to contact us through private messaging if you have questions or concerns.

~ Terra Battle Forum moderator, Kivanc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.