Official 2015.01.22 Co-op R&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Kivanc, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Did you manage to bring down Artemis or Chaos?

Mention how you did it here!

2. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Got Artemis first try from Artemis I.

Is there a length on how long the event is, I wonder?

3. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Went in blind on Artemis 1. Level cap and timer were big surprises and ended up setting us back a bit. We lost 2 units, but we managed to defeat and recruit her. x)

Chaos 1 was easier cause we were prepared. When we defeated him we recruited him, and he also dropped The Hierophant. So we decided to farm him more until we had 3 of those things. We are 5 runs in right now and no drop. Getting kinda skeptical. Would love to know drop rates soon.

EDIT: did 4 more runs and finally got another Hierophant drop! Chaos I drops The Hierophant, confirmed. 1 more to go! xD

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. Gate

Gate Member

Did artemis II a bunch of times, didn't get artemis, but I I think I got her item.

And then got carried hard on artemis III and won for the first time, and got the celestial bow. Which I assume is used to evolve her as well.
    Used Kana, Bahl, and Korin.

Kana actually proved very useful.
    Between paralyze/confusion, she made sure the regular enemy units was off our back while we just concentrated on the boss.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  5. SamayouSamurai

SamayouSamurai Active Member

Crowd Control seems to be the key to victory.
    That lizard which we all get from story line is actually useful for his Paralyze and Outflank.

6. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

Yes, totally crowd control. I see all these guys carring SS mages to level one and two and im quite sure they dont know what they are doing. I found my strongest team for archer boss level 2 was sheena, korin and kapori. Since the lack of lvl 65 skills doesnt matter on those units.

Pupropu is very useful on the other monster, also tiamat on lvl2 boss. Kana is indeed very needed. I find zeera+kana combo to be the best for crowd control

Jennish is also great if you posses him.

I found very high dps with zuzu+gugba on archer boss

Control time is a huge problem on these stages btw

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  7. Gate

Gate Member

Yea, SS mages suck. They're really squishy too.
    I keep seeing people going in with 3x SS mages, and 2 of their mages end up getting wiped off during a bad turn so fast.

8. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

I have cleared the story mode and honed my manoeuvre skills in Ch 18 without levitation and among the bombs of Odin without disarm bomb. Yet I suck very much in Coop mode!!!

First I thought of some good placement of nine people. Then picked up some character. It was another player's... It did not move. Count down of 5 seconds started. Panicked. Force quit myself from panic. Found my people in the crowd. My God there are so many people and monsters in the battle field. Rushed to make a pincer. It was a complete mess. Turns out it takes quite long for me just to spot my people.

I am so sorry to the people who played with me. I am too used to taking time to find good placement of units in story mode. This Coop mode should contain a short tutorial to explain things better. It is best if there is a practice mode. I put in 9 units and then each turn only three of those can be picked up.

Maybe I should just wait for part 2 to come out. Relaxing in single-player mode with a cup of tea.

9. Inagaki

Inagaki Active Member

I got Artemis yé!!

10. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Yesterday night, with the help of many generous people who accepted to host (read: pay for the stamina cost) of the new Eidolon quests, I managed to finish both Artemis and Chaos. I would like to acknowledge some of them that I can remember. I am sure that I am missing a lot of them, and I apologize.
    Special thanks to: @G Malo, @Rexlent, @jlroettger, @Person Man, @HunterScarX, @o1Doc, @Luxo
    (Again, I am sure that I missed many people, if you remember co-oping with me, especially hosting a session, please let me know!)

Here is beauty:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

and the beast:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

fo shizzle my nizzle likes this.
  11. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

Who is "Signs"?!
    I did an Artemis with him and he brought a warrior and...
    ...an arachnobot...

Matthieu, phario86 and Kivanc like this.
  12. ranix

ranix Active Member

starting to do screenshot of co op strange compo lol.

13. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

After doing some first contact as practice, I am better at Co-op now. I have acquired both Eidolons, probably quite late compared to others here at the forum. The key is to stare at my own units among all the commotion and to be content if I get six units into good position. (The rest of the units can die or live on their own. Sorry.) With more practice I am sure I can manage 12 units, but that's for later.

In one battle I long pressed the other player's unit to see what it is, because I don't have that character. I wonder what the other player saw when I was viewing the unit's info.

When I fought Artemis, one of us already has Artemis. Artemis dropped for me in that battle. I don't know if that player got a dupe or he/she never saw the drop. It was particular for me?

14. <~~《WRATH》~~>

<~~《WRATH》~~> Active Member

15. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Player 3 brought Stonefolk Warrior, Healer and Spinetrich... o_O
    Photo 29-01-2015 18 19 03.jpg

We won at the end and Spinetrich did not die!!!
    Coming to think about it, I took a screenshot during the game and did not get disconnected. How scary!

16. JCAll

JCAll Active Member

They don't suck. They're good against the enemies that they're strong against. Jennish wrecks dudes in Chaos. I don't have him, but I'm always super glad to see him on a the team. Chaos is just resistant to other elements, and Artemis is super resistant to everything. So every mage but Jennish is worthless right now.

17. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

^
    The exception would be Jennish, for Chaos battles, yes. But that is only one mage. "They" is plural.

18. ranix

ranix Active Member

that feeling when in co op the guy just before you keep using P for a single pincer against a mob...

19. JCAll

JCAll Active Member

"They" actually can be used as a singular pronoun. But I don't think that's what you're talking about. :D

But in theory, there will be one of each elemental boss, so each Mage will be great at some point, and crap at others. Just like there will probably be one of each weapon boss, which is going to bite me in the backside come time for the spear boss.

20. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

You have plenty of time to roll for some nice Bow units. Or maybe they'll be co-op, and you can rely on others.