Old guy, new game

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Naaaaaaarp, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Naaaaaaarp

Naaaaaaarp New Member

I'm new to these forums, and new to the game, but am enjoying both quite thoroughly. I actually downloaded the game ages ago, but couldn't get it working on my tablet, so go figure.

There are two things that I have struggled with in the game and have been unable to grok through reading the forums. Firstly, is it better to try to reach the level cap in a job before focusing on second and third jobs last 15ish, or level all jobs simultaneously. Secondly, how can I actually participate in cooperative play at low level, or is that something that is delayed until the late game?

Thank you to everyone who runs and participates in these forums, you have answered so many of my questions without my even asking, and it is greatly appreciated.

2. Vintt

Vintt Active Member

1.) lvl all jobs and get their last skills, eventually you'll want all jobs at lvl 80 so you can recode, usually want J3 ultimates skills first.

2.) After chapter 6 you can co-op, just host a room and push co-op instead of "start battle" when selecting a stage.

3. Naaaaaaarp

Naaaaaaarp New Member

4. tbfosho

tbfosho Active Member

For many characters, they get access to another skill slot when they reach level 20 in their current job. Each skill slot lets you equip a skill from a different job than your current one. For that reason, you may want to hit at least level 20 in each job before going too deep into one.

5. Tbird3030

Tbird3030 Member

First goal you want for every character to unlock each job and hit lvl 35 in each job, this gives you most of their skills.

Then, if you like a fourth skill on job 1 or 2 on any character, you should level that job to 65. Or skip if their job 2 and 1 4th skill is crap/redundant.

Then you take job 3 and max it out (lvl 90), its always the best one. After that you start working on maxing the character's Skill Boost % which is closer to endgame min/max.

If the character you are levelling can be recoded and you plan to recode it, you must reach level 80 in every job for that character.

So your teams will look like: 35/35/90 characters (bad skills in job 1 or 2), 35-65/35-65/90 characters (some good skills or both), or 80/80/90 characters (to be recoded.)

Obviously you level the best/most useful characters first. Healer: Kuscah/Sorman, DPS: Snaip/Bahl/Macuri, MDPS: SS/Zmages, Utility: Whoever you got with levitate/treasure hunter/panacea etc.

As for coop, it doesnt happen much at low level or any level nowadays, but its a good idea to find some people as you get rewards for "first contact" for playing with other people on a new account, up to a certain amount (a lot of energy.) Just do ticket runs and stuff like that with people in chat.

Coop missions in the arena you should avoid for a while, since they are not that useful and tend to be end-game oriented.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  6. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

As far as I know there are only 3 guys that are better on their second job. They are Zuzu, Czekras and Zavison. No need to unlock their last skill on their third job.

7. Naaaaaaarp

Naaaaaaarp New Member

Thanks! This is almost certainly the most help I've gotten on an Internet forum in a long while!