Orbling King Eidolon

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Todd, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

New eidolon event

2 stages in random order:
    Red orbling king & Blue orbling king

Red and his minions take only magical damage
    Blue and his ilk take only physical damage
    Both start with a column attack, then row attack, and alternate until their HP gets lower or possibly also as time marches on. They will progress to cross attacks followed by 3/4 life reduction, leaving everyone at low health and in need of healing. In addition, reinforcements are sometimes spawned, including an angry-looking white orbling.

As far as I can tell, if you pincer the white orbling he will retaliate with a devastating attack on everyone.

You can bring a 3 person team. It's good to bring your best physical unit, best magical unit, and maybe a healer. Keep in mind that characters will be set to level 35. Players will also want to bring 100 luck teams for better rewards.

For the magical boss, try to get everyone lined up and hope people brought some good magic damage.

For the physical boss, try to identify the best damage dealers such as trinity or suoh^ and get them in a second (if not third) pincer order to allow them to stack up more damage.

Luck rewards include gold, shadowy rods/wands, extra upgrade mats for strengthening the eidolon, king orbling^ character, and supposedly a king orbling otomo that will give you a non-elemental spell attack.

What ther details are shareable for this boss?

FishInTheDark and Tharos like this.
  2. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Some boss stats in the wiki page: http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/King_Orbling

(note: I didn't try this coop, I guessed everything by looking at the code, so I might have done a lot of mistakes)

Initial Orbling spawn at random positions.
    Of course, the end rewards (Eidolon and items) are only given by the second one, but they are the same, whatever the order is.

HP threshold (for both kings): 60% HP and 30% HP.
    I don't know what they are used for, there is something with turn count and those thresholds at the same time.

Oblings seem to appear every 3 turn or so, by 3 (but you should never get more than 6 of them at the same time).
    If you met some unclear condition (I thin the condition is "too many orbling, so spawn no more"), you have 30% chance to spawn the white angry orbling instead of the normal orblings. It's an Orbling X, with x3 counter: http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Orbling_X

doodootron, Hayden and FishInTheDark like this.
  3. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Basically it's a dungeon where a new player can ask for some carries to pick up Shadowy rods and a damage buddy. At some point, a lot of us will have shin en and bahl 100 luck. Use lich as a mover/healer and have the new player bring extra magic since shin en can break defense.

4. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

5. Tharos

Medals:
    Yes ! I should be able to get him/his otomo :)

Hayden likes this.
  6. Pookkachan

Pookkachan Member

I have issue on co-op now. Like thy he weekly challenge, when I am waiting for a room, I was booted out of the game. Does anyone have the same issue? I am using version 4.3.2.

7. Shonen07

Shonen07 New Member

I ran 160 stam on this event with 2 teams 100 Luck and no otomo. Someone dropped it already?

8. James

James Active Member

I've run the equivalent of some threeish bars of stamina with a single 100L team. Results include 4x SS Otomo, King Orbling III, and a single King Orbling^ character.

9. claude

claude Active Member

I played with you once lolol, after seeing the name loveless the entire time I was thinking about ff7 haha...

Hayden likes this.
  10. Tharos

Medals:
    I tried public room yesterday, twice.
    Some people are even worse than me, I'm not sure if I should be happy about that...

First attempt : my jaguna Z was the only healer. We defeated the physical king but lost 3 or 4 characters doing so. Not a single magical damage left for the other king :(
    Second attempt : easy until the huge life steal. The one playing after made a simple pincer without any heal chained... So we got crushed.

Now I remember why I stopped playing public games ^^

11. Karlo

Karlo New Member

Tried public games on auto / Europe server resulted in all losses .. on Japan server at their prime time resulted in all wins :O
    team was .. Bonna ^, Daiana ^ and some random bloke

12. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    What is up with your random rooms? Mine have been nothing but Suoh, Jaguna, Lich. I haven't seen anything else.

13. claude

claude Active Member

Annnnnd that concludes this coop for me after getting the sixth orbling king companion. Last battle was also by far the most synced coop so far. All three of us knew exactly what to do, and brought the right team, with all 100L units. First we had the blue orbling and all three of us had shin'en... tapping the the victory! Joy of coop with high rank players, vs noobs who can't even pincer correctly smh...

14. Claywtf

Claywtf Member

Two budget 100 l teams (Seiryu, Lich ^, Jaguna ^) and one strong carrier team (Snaip ^, Z Healer, Z Mage) really do the job here.

15. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

i went in blind and pincered the white mob thinking it was some reward character like kinos... got blacklisted for 10 fights lol. after that it went smoothly.

16. Shonen07

Shonen07 New Member

Do you drop the orbling compagnon with 2 teams 100L and one carry without 100Luck team? I only drop 500 golds in 80 and 100 chest.

17. James

James Active Member

There's a certain probability the King Orbling Otomo appears in the 100L chest (along with gold, the character, assorted grades of HP-boosting wand companions). Each 100L player gives the party a change of obtaining this reward.
    http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/King_Orbling

18. Oki

Oki Member

farming this guy to 100L is the real pain!

19. lynx

lynx Active Member

I have played ~70 rounds of King Orbling with only one 100-luck team. So far, I've got 3 King Orbling companions and 3 King Orbling Λs from 100-luck chests.
    If you've played with 2 or more 100-luck teams, I reckon you should get a companion drop whitin 10-15 attempts.

20. claude

claude Active Member

I salute to your insanity.