Phoenix III Guide - Unusual Death build

Discussion in 'Guides' started by pak, Feb 3, 2016.

1. pak

pak New Member

Hey guys xNirvash here. Just wanted to share this finding with everyone else. I do not take credit for this team layout, as I initially saw a youtube video and modified the team according to units we have.

From the Youtube video:
    Olber ^ (Demon Chronicle), Odin ^ x2 (Skullsplitter), Amisandra ^ (Demon Chronicle), Gegonago ^ (Demon Chronicle), Gaiga (Healing Rod).

Tested this with our modified team:
    Xerxes (Player 1) - Samanatha ^ sb100% (Demon's Chronicle), Bajanna (Skullsplitter), Pizfer ^ sb100% (Demon's Note)
    xNirvash (Player 2) - Sorman sb65% (Demon's Note), Gegonago ^ sb45% (Healing Pendant), Snaip sb20% (Celestial Envoy)
    Moronica (Player 3) - Gaiga sb100% (Healing Rod), KoKo ^ sb100% (Demon's Chronicle), Olber ^ sb100% (Demon's Chronicle)

The basis of this team is to kill as many monsters in Floor 1-3 with non-death units, it is fine even if you death-kill some of them. On this run we had 4 Birds left, 3 Healers and 4 Statues. My point here is, it doesn't really matter how many are left over since you will abuse DEATH on the last Floor to clear all of the add-ons (Kill priority - Statue > Bird > Healer). The boss only sucked up 1 Statue during this run. We proceeded and ignored all of the Pinions (although you can choose to kill them first) and were able to grind the boss down with only - KoKoZ, GegoZ, Sorman, Gaiga and OlberZ remaining.

Notes:
    - Always make sure Gaiga is giving off Deathward and Gegoz is always proc'ed so he has stealth. There was a tough spot was where Gaiga was cornered and could only be released by GegoZ's Stealth.
    - Death units - Bajana, Gaiga, Lich ^, suoh are all viable choices.
    - You may have also noticed that I was the weakest link and got carried. Meaning that this team could actually carry others who don't have Super good units or are new to the game!

FORGET DPS, INSTA-DEATH IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!

*Did succesful run with Limitbreaker/SWL/myself - gegoz x2, bajanna, suoh, olber^, sorman, snaip, samZ, AmiZ

LATEST TEAM - Gegoz x2, Gaigax2, Sorman, Suoh, Bajana, Pizfer^ and Olber^

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Karlo, BlackSama, Qwen and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

This strategy works, but kind of like using rezin in PvP.
    This strategy ideally requires p1 to have he go to chain units properly.
    And death is effective on the mobs but isn't a guarantee. I have played all kinds of P3 teams by now. Death is hit or miss mostly.
    I would prefer Dps way. Take out all or as many mobs on first 3 floors. Then try to kill boss quickly.
    Death is one way to grind.
    You can use phoenix revive and have another grind method. This one you can win even if u are down to 2/3 units (Amiz shd be one of survivors). You use summons effectively to restore dead units and grind away.
    I hv played all 3 methods and each is enjoyable in its own way :)
    Would love to see your runs too. Post your videos :D

3. pak

pak New Member

yep, although this method is really RNG based, but with at least 7 death-ers in the team. The chances are much higher too. This method opens up possibilities for those with weaker adventurers.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  4. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Pak, amazing! Your Gego Lambda is great!

5. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Ahhh so Death Skills is what needs to be used, thx.

6. 770

770 New Member

I've tried it and can vouch for it. Death/Dispatch/Assassinate is the way to go.