POF for Dummies :D

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rydia, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Rydia

Rydia Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    BEFORE WE START:

This guide is intended for those who want to complete PoF as soon as possible and have at least one of the SS twins (Yukken/Rikken) or that know someone who has one of them and they are willing to complete the pact in cooperative play.

As a reward for completing it we will obtain every enemy on the game at 100% skill boost except for six of them aside from 2 Z rank characters 3 SS rank, 2 A rank and the fabulous Jaguna (B rank), each and every one of them at 100% SB and at level 90 in each of their jobs (except Jaguna^). This is a relatively easy way to have a couple of units completely maximized and avoid using our precious energy on those characters (yes, especially on Jaguna).

As a prerrequisite I recommend to have the SB of the twin/s at 70% in order to make sure Negotiator Pro always activates. This guide will asume Negotiator Pro activates 100% of the time.

I also recommend to save the money for rolls until the very end if you want to finish the pact ASAP, so if that's your goal and you've started spending coins con pacts, stop NOW and save them. Later on the guide I will explain why.

EXPLANATION ON THE EXCEL FILE

On the next .xls file you can find each and every recruitable monster on the different stages of the game:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LMOxU5RJH9Zlo5dnFOaHVudXc

All the values for enemy recruitment and CPS have been extracted from @Zanmorn 's guide, which can be found on the next thread:

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads...es-and-coins-per-stamina-updated-feb-18.5498/ (OUTDATED)

What does CPS mean?

CPS or Coins Per Stamina is the number of coins we would obtain in each stage for each stamina unit spent. In order to calculate CPS values, we assign 3k coins to each recruited enemy and we multiply this number for the probability of recruiting it on said stage.

In order to calculate CPS of a certain stage we add the CPS of each enemy on it as well as its value in coins.

If we want to know, in stamina optimization terms, trying to recruit a certain enemy using Nego Pro in a certain stage or through farming coins in Coin Creeps 3 we compare its CPS in that stage with Coin Creeps' CPS.

In this case, I took the values for one or two Nego Pro users, added the information about recruiting on double drop bonus days and created four individual tabs for each of you to visualize the data according to your situation. To that data, I added an estimation of the number of times you'll need to repeat the stage and the total stamina needed to finish each enemy.

I've also included a logical function that indicates us if it's more efficient to capture the enemy or to roll it with coins. In order to do this, I've assumed that a Coin Creeps 3 run yields 8k coins, which gives us a CPS of 400 for Coin Creeps 3. If a stage has a CPS >= 400, then it's better to recruit that enemy on that stage, however, if the stage has a CPS >= 200 it's better to recruit that enemy on that stage sharing stamina costs via coop.

* If you have Bajanna or Zeera or another Negotiator / Negotiator Pro users, you could use go to http://tbs.desile.fr/#/character-drops

** If you usually get a coin amount different to 8000 on Coin Creeps (either with Zeera or Bajanna or even Yulia) you will have to modify CPS for the equations on the last two columns (SOLO/COOP) according to the amount of coins received.

*** Remember that Neg Pro multiply is now cap at 19x so having more than 3 twins is not going to help you with the recruitment.

Lastly, I've marked in bold the stages where the possibilities of recruiting an enemy are higher. BUT, that doesn't mean that stage is the most appropiate to recruit that enemy. The most appropiate stages are those with the highest CPS value. As we complete enemies to 100%, you'll have to change its CPS to 0 and start farming on the next stage by CPS value with the enemies we still need to farm. I'll post a list with the stages and enemies to farm and its order (the only thing you all will probably use :p)

ABOUT COIN CREEPS

I have two Nego Pro users, and if I recruit everything on double drop days I can capture all the monsters, no more Coin Creeps for me!

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Even if you capture every enemy on the game and max them, you'll still need about 1,350,000 coins to finish the pact. If we have into account that various enemies will be difficult to capture because they would have a greater CPS with negotiator than farming them with coins, the amount of coins to get will be even higher. And we'll also need to add 258,000 coins to unlock the jobs for the adventurers on the pact (it will be explained later). I recommend capturing enemies on weekdays and farming coins on weekends.

Should I spend the money I farm with Coin Creeps right away?

NOPE. NEVER. ERROR. Two reasons:

1. There are enemies that are way easier to get than others. If you spend the money as you farm it you can get one of this easier-to-get ones instead of the difficult ones (the ones you'll want to pull), meaning you'll have to farm them or farm even more coins.

2. There are enemies obtainable with coins only. If you pull with every coin you have, maybe you'll finish the recruitable ones but not the pact-only ones, meaning even more farming. It's important to notice that the best way by far to farm coins is in Coin Creeps, so if you need a million coins you'll need at least three weeks farming Coin Creeps on the weekends.

But then, how do I know when should I stop recruiting/farming coins?

In order to do that and keep track of your progress, you have this wonderful tool @Matthiew made and everybody should know about: http://tbs.desile.fr/#/characters

On the Characters menu (that link will redirect you to that menu automatically) you can fill the info on your characters to calculate how many coins you'll need to finish the pact. You can save a file with your data with the Misc. → Export option and update your progress, let's say, once a week to see how much you've advanced on PoF completion (and that's a good way to motivate yourself!)

You can also do a simulation by raising every farmable enemy to 100% SB and checking how many extra coins you'll need to complete the pact.

And when should I spend my money?

Easy, when you've completed every monster you wanted to recruit and the amount of coins you have is the calculated on Terra Battle Stats + 258,000. (Before using all your coins, visit the Adventurers section of this guide.)

ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES

Recruiting Bosses

If you have to recruit a boss, on double drop days you can recruit them with a 90% chance (with one Nego Pro user) or 100% (with two Nego Pro users or one Nego and one Nego Pro) if on the last movement you attack it with a double pincer activating each Negotiator two times. I recommend always trying this, because it increases the chances of capturing it a lot. In order to do that, you have to activate a first pincer with two weak characters and then finish the boss with two strong ones.

When doing low leveled stages I recommend two pincers: one of them with two characters from P1 (without the level cap) and another one with two characters from P2 being this one the first one to activate (as it is weaker), either with P2 closing it or setting it in the position below (horizontal pincers) or to the left (vertical pincers). The ideal situation would have the characters set up on the battle before the boss, in order to kill him on our first turn with double Neg Pro activations.

This is an example:

[​IMG]

We can use this double pincer system with 1x1 enemies, although in this instance the horizontal pincer would be executed by the second player while first player is in charge of the vertical one:

[​IMG]

This method is recommended to capture Phi Orbling, which would have a very low recruitment chance without this system, but it's easy to recruit with it.

For more info about the activation order of the pincers:

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-order-of-operations-in-pincer-attacks.5456/

Sharing stamina via COOP

When playing coop only the host keeps the level of his characters; the guest's characters' levels are adjusted to the difficulty level of the stage. Because of this, in stages previous to 12-6 only the Nego Pro of the host will activate. If you are playing coop and only one of the two has a Nego Pro user, that person should be the one to host the rooms from chapter 1 to 12-5, and the other one should host from 12-6 on. You will maximize the stamina usage for both and always have Nego Pro activations.

In the case of Yukken^ we can use her Nego Pro skill in any lvl stage just making sure we put it in the first slot.

Completing PoF in various stages

If you don't sleep a lot or can play frequently enough that your stamina bar never fills completely and you haven't finished the story, you might want to stop advancing the story for a while in order to not unlock every enemy on the PoF, complete a part of it in order to get the adventurers (and eliminate them from PoT) and then finish the PoF for real after finishing the story. This strategy depends on the way of playing and the time you have available, but it's certainly a possibility. Each enemy on the PoF unlocks on a specific chapter; the following link lists each enemy on the pact and the chapter of the story when it's added to the PoF:

http://wiki.famitsu.com/terrabattle/友情の契約獲得可能キャラクター一覧

Everything is in Japanese, but you can use Google Translate with it.

I recommend doing this:

1) Stop at chapter 22.5. Finish the POF the first time and get all adventurers. You only need to get Jaguna to level 80/80/80 this first time so leveling her until 60/60/60 before SB boosting is enough.

2) Advance until chapter 26.5 so you can get the mats to recode Jaguna into Jaguna^. Then recruit the new monsters either with coins or Nego Pro. Pull Jaguna again. Level her to 70/70/70 so she get a final level 90/90/90 after pulling her to 100% SB.

3) Now you can finish story and pull the rest of monsters needed.

Bonus days

Starting with TB version 2.1, Mistwalker has introduced a new daily bonus system with a two week cycle. On the next table (extracted from this post of @Kivanc http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/terra-battle-update-2-0-2-1.5658/) we can see the bonus for each day on the cycle.

[​IMG]

As you can see, one day we have no bonus, the next one we have a bonus for item drops and the following one a enemy drop bonus. With this, we would only have 24 hours to recruit the enemies on a certain chapter using this bonus.

POF ADVENTURERS

There are 8 obtainable adventurers through PoF.

Every dupe we get of the B characters will increase its level on all jobs by 1 and its SB by +5%. In the case of the SS recruits, the level increase is 5 for each dupe and +10% SB. For Z class it will increase 6 levels +12% SB. Because of this, if we want to max out these characters in an easy way, we should stop spending coins when we pull one of them, unlock its three jobs and level him up.

For the Z, we would need to level it to 36/36/36 (Better 40/40/40 just to be safe)

For the SS, we would need to level them up to 40/40/40.

For the A/B, the levels would be 70/70/70*

*In the case of Jaguna we will need to pull her and lvl her 2 times. First time we lvl her to 60/60/60. Then pull her to 100% SB (and lvl 80/80/80). Recode her to Jaguna^. Pull again, this time lvl to 70/70/70 and get her SB to 100%.

Doing it this way, their levels and SB will increase with each dupe, so when we finish PoF, 7 of the 8 POF characters with 100% SB and 90/90/90, and we will make sure to never pull them again (not even with energies). It's recommended to level them up to 40 or 70 because it requires less experience than doing it at the end of the pact.

We should farm for Metal Tickets (on stage 6-8) and the required items for their jobs while we are doing the coin/monster farming; this way we could do all the training on the same day we pull one of them.

[​IMG]

* On Jaguna's description on the game it is said that she belongs to the Beastfolk race, but her required items are the same as the Humans, so I've included her here as a Human.

All the items and coins required for their jobs are on the following table:

[​IMG]

RECRUITMENT GUIDE

And this is the part of the guide you have been waiting for, the only one you will only check: the list of enemies and the stages to recruit them.

How does this list work?

The stages inside of the same chapter should be completed in the order presented on the table. The chapters are coded by colors depending on the day they get the bonus.

For each chapter, the enemies to recruit are specified. You will have to recruit the monsters on each stage until the bold one is maximized; once that one has its SB to 100%, you'll have to start with the next stage, and so on. It's important that the stages inside the same chapter are completed in the order given on the table!

The table offers the optimal stages in order to capture an enemy when you have none of them. If you have some of them already captured, you should check this spreadsheet for the most appropiate stage for your situation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LMOxU5RJH9aXljTms0LU1Ka1U

When we only have an enemy to recruit on the spreadsheet we can look up in which stage we have more possibilities to recruit him with the least stamina spent, and if it's optimal farm him or recruit him with coins.

Finally, this table is only an approximation, this stages could not be the optimal for everybody. But those are the ones I used with 2 Nego Pro users (mine and another person's) and I managed to finish PoF in three weeks (without having into account the ones I had before I started) and not playing everyday, so I think it will be useful to most of you.

Additional guidelines related to the table

-The stages with the recruitment bonus on the same day have the same color on the table.

-The table has been made with at least one Nego Pro user on the bonus day for the stage we need to do and in coop mode, sharing stamina. If we meet these requirements, it's more efficient to recruit the monster rather than pulling him with coins.

-From 21-10 onwards, for the enemy recruitment to be more efficient with farming rather than coins, you'll need at least 2 non completed monsters. This doesn't mean you cannot recruit an only enemy, because the enemy recruitment should be done on weekdays, when Coin Creeps aren't available, but I recommend to leave those stages to the very end or complete those monsters with coins.

-Remember that (except for Yukken^) Nego Pro will only activate in stages prior to 12-6 if the host is the player with a character with that skill.

-For the Mechalops we have more drop possibilities on the stage 11-7 (3 recruitable mobs), because on 11-10 the two ones that spawn with the boss aren't recruitable. However, on 11-10 we have the opportunity to drop the legendary weapon Vajra.

And here's the table!

[​IMG]

1.- The two heroes (Beastfolk Hero and Lizardfolk Hero) are not a part of the PoF but if you're farming on that stage you might as well farm them.

2.- It's only optimal to farm the enemies in red and bold if you are using two Nego Pro users. Also in most cases is better to farm coins than enemies from chapter 28-32. Check the excel for more information.

3.- Once you finish Vial Chucker, you can maximize Magma Mummy on stage 7-9, with Wyvern.

4.- Slime Slug doesn't have a specific stage to maximize because he spawns on several chapters and depending on the one you farm first you will maximice him in one or another while recruiting other enemies.

Finally, thanks to @Jirokichi for helping me with the screenshots (they took more effort than it seems... freaking connection) and the translation of this guide to English.

If you have a doubt or have caught something that's wrong, don't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Kovaelin, Umowoïs, Xensard and 21 others like this.
  2. psic

psic Member

Nice guideee and the best!

Rydia likes this.
  3. Rydia

Medals:
    You actually DONT need the guide xD

4. eea

eea Member

well done! That's magical

Pandemon and Rydia like this.
  5. Pandemon

Pandemon Active Member

Thanks, now I only need Yukken or Rikken.

Rydia likes this.
  6. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Maybe I missed it, but have you addressed those without negotiator pro or just the regular negotiator ie. Samatha.

Rydia likes this.
  7. Inagaki

Inagaki Active Member

Thank you for sharing this amazing tips!

Rydia likes this.
  8. Rydia

Medals:
    The guide is only for people with Neg Pro or someone how makes coop with somebody who has it :S

9. Hayden

Hayden Well-Known Member

I can see the amount of work you've put on it, which is really impressive. Really good guide well done Lydia.

[​IMG]

Xcution and Rydia like this.
  10. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

dont have any nego pro. only have samatha..

11. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Oh. Then you might want to edit the title to reflect so.

Rydia likes this.
  12. Rydia

Medals:
    I did it!!!!!!!
    You still can complete the POF if you Coop with someone who has Neg Pro.

tieuzbao likes this.
  13. Five P. AceZ

Five P. AceZ Active Member

how long would it take to clear the PoF if you use this method with double nego pro?

14. Rydia

Medals:
    About a month :S it depends of how much you play

15. Jirokichi

Jirokichi Well-Known Member

Medals:
    My pleasure lending you a hand @Rydia ! Maybe the translation isn't perfect (in fact I very much doubt it is xDDD) but at least it's understandable! xDDDD I hope your work helps a lot of people here to complete their pacts! And to everyone of you in need of this guide... I hope you only pull Jagunas with coins! :D

conndubya and Rydia like this.
  16. Omnobo

Omnobo Member

With the new level cap, be sure to get your SS units to lvl 40/40/40 and A/B units to 70/70/70 if you want a free ride to 90!

Rima, Rydia and Jirokichi like this.
  17. Rydia

Medals:
    I just edited it ^:^ thank you!

Omnobo likes this.
  18. Jirokichi

Jirokichi Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Btw @Rydia, I just thought that if the person completing PoF has a friend with Yukken ^, he can host all the stages as his friend can equip Pro Nego on Yukken ^ at level 1, thus eliminating the need of the Pro Nego user hosting the stages prior to chapter 12-6. This means, that if for example I evolve my Yukken to Yukken ^ I can lend her to anyone as she will always have her Pro Nego skill, even in the earlier chapters. I don't know if I explained myself properly xDDD

Rydia likes this.
  19. Rydia

Medals:
    Maybe someone with Z evolved Yukken can assure that it works?

Jirokichi likes this.
  20. Umowoïs

Umowoïs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Jirokichi and Rydia like this.