POF for Dummies :D

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rydia, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Rydia

Rydia The Pink Pikapony Staff Member

Medals:
  2. Omnobo

Omnobo Member

It looks like the SS skills work on other Lambda characters, so it should work for Z Yukken as well :)

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Jirokichi likes this.
  3. Rodland

Rodland Active Member

Finally I got Yukken and I can start farming monsters ; )

Omnobo and Rydia like this.
  4. Tayalieth

Tayalieth New Member

First thank you really for this guide really helpfull !
    Second I have a question that might seem stupid but I want to be sure. In a stage is it possible to drop more than one time the same monster ?
    Because even with rikken and negotiator pro I always drop the same monster only once Per stage.

5. Umowoïs

Umowoïs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    No it i's not possible. Never.

Rydia and Tayalieth like this.
  6. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

yes, each monster is only once per stage.

Rydia and Tayalieth like this.
  7. Rydia

Medals:
    Updated *^:^*

Moskentraumen likes this.
  8. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Great guide, Rydia. Part of my bible now.

Rydia likes this.
  9. Rydia

Medals:
    Yeah after I read your PM I though it was going to be better if i finally update this thing hahahaha
    I also made kind of fast brainless guide with general guidelines that I think is usefull to have in hand once you have read this one.
    If you still have any question feel free to ask anything you want to know.

10. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

PM was a great help for me. But this guide and all those links take it to the next level.

Thanks, Rydia :love:

Your optimized recruiting path will be so helpful as guideline. (There is another one, but i use yours :cigar:)
    May be wrong now, but guess it is unrealistic to keep the order in the list exactly as shown for orientation on actually which stage has double drop chance seems most important. If i start recruiting monsters from story chapters when its ddd for ch. 4/9/14/19/24/29, i am already out of route, which starts at ch. 2.5. But it might be only important for monsters who are not intra-chapter-exclusive. And as you said, the would also depend on already farmed monsters.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Rydia likes this.
  11. Rydia

Medals:
    No,no.
    You misunderstand the table.
    You dont have to farm the chapters in order.
    You farm the chapters in any order depending on which one is in DD that day.
    You must farm in order the stages inside each chapter. That means that you can start for example in chapter 4 but inside that chapter you will farm first stage 4.3 until you maximice the 2 monsters that are in bold letters (so get both tigers to 100%SB), then you can move to stage 4.2 to complete Spinetrich and Devil Bat. Many times you can just skip an stage bc you already have max the monster in an earlier stage. This is ON PURPOSE and is trying to guaranted the less usage of stamina.

12. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Thanks for pointning this out to me. Great, nothing can stop me now as long as i have electricity. God bless electricity and Rydia :cigar:

Rydia likes this.
  13. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Member

Rydia,

i simply love this wonderful how-to-PoF of yours, so i would like to make some annotations for maybe (slight) improvement.

(i)
    Due to my recent experience, it is either impossible to recruit with 100% chance or double-pincer negotiation does not stack accordingly.
    On a normal drop day (5% recruit chance on boss) it happened three times when i double-pincered celestial dragon (ch.21-10) with Yukken, Yukken Z, Samatha and X. Both pincers activated with nego working before the finishing blow and i would not get the boss as a recruit, though i should have a negotiator count of (8+8+2)*2=36. So, my guess is, there is a possible cap to this or more likely double-pincer attacks dont add their affirmative effects. 8+8+2=18; 18*5%=90% would match my results with triple nego constellation mentioned above. Of course, if ladder circumstance is case, it would still be possible to achieve 100% on a double drop day with 2 proNeg users on a single pincer. (8+8=16; 16*10%>100%)

(ii)
    I cannot recommend to grind your twins that high, esp. if you have like 2 of them, either on yourself or shared with another player. Many stages offer enough punching bag material to build up a power point which will activate your nego skill at any rate. Also, intelligent use of Pahrl or Suoh and some other units will boost skill activation rate immensely (e.g. Love thy neighbour) and in the progress make it possible to combine monster recruiting with sb%farming.

(I have Yukken, Yukken Z and Pahrl, started with monster farming on sb like 20% and have now - a week and many recruited monsters later - 70%+ on both.)

(iii)
    Please dont farm in puppet show 2! The bottle neck are clearly the high-tier items like wisdom flowers which has an increased ratio to get by farming puppet show 3. Those low-tier items will drop easily by doing the recruitment and puppet show 3. Here is the source
    So basically, yes, farm in pudding1, tin2, puppet3.

Rydia likes this.
  14. supergaijin

Minor correction on your math: regular day = (8+8+2)*5=90% chance, DD = (8+8+2)*10=guaranteed. I've had it happen several times that bosses don't drop with only two procs of neg pro and Samatha on regular day ;)

** ninja edit before mistakes were quoted :p

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Rydia and Moskentraumen like this.
  15. Rydia

Medals:
    Oh god I read this the other day and forgot to answer.....
    Ok by parts.
    Yeah that part of the guide I forgot to update. Now you can only stack until 19x. Before 3.9? or something like that was possible to have 100% recruit chance.
    Actually I started to farm the POF with my yukken at 40% bc i had pahrl and i was able to activate her freq before yukken in the chain and stuff but that requires more thinking and I tried to keep the guide simple. Even with sticking to the basic many people get already confused for the high amount of info I put so I gave a general guideliness instead of watching each case individually.
    This is suppose to be newbie friendly guide. So I suppose you dont have high % pahrl, or suoh and that you dont really want to think about the order of the attacks... (you will need to pincer with pahrl first that means if you wan to move with yukken (bc CT) you will need to pincer with pahrl and use yukken to move the other chars, at least in the first attacks until you activate freq, also unless your pahrl is already 70% and yukken 40% you dont have 100% guarantedd activation)
    Again this is a newbie friendly guide also supposed you dont have any Z high lvl characters. Did you take into account that in Puppet show you have lower lvl characters? than means you can kill more than in puppet show 3, it also burns less stamina so you can do more run to adquire more practice. What I means is not everybody starts with Z mages so not everybody can kill same efficient Puppet 3 than Puppet 2.

Sassmaster9001 and Moskentraumen like this.
  16. supergaijin

It's quite true that puppet 2 is easier. Assuming you have gud rng, a gugba or ss mage aoe supported puppet 2 run can easily net 90+ items without a time extension :D

17. Xenocite

Xenocite Active Member

If you can still edit the items table easier, the best place to farm for Mangled Horn is now 5-1 instead of 9-7. There are 13 level 13 Devil Bats that each have a 1% chance to drop it for 1 stamina, as opposed to the 17 Heat Sparklers in 9-7 that you need 9 stamina to run.

18. Kovaelin

Kovaelin Member

Thanks for taking the time to write these guides for helping the community (especially for us newbies)!

Rydia likes this.