[PSA] Back up your Terra Battle account NOW

Discussion in 'General' started by Raijinili, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    ... if you haven't done so already. Make sure it's an online backup.
    1. Go into "Options" -> "Change Devices" and set up your transfer code.
    2. Take a screenshot of it. upload it to the Internet.
    3. Email the screenshot to yourself, or have it backed up on Dropbox or your device's cloud backup system.
    There are many horror stories of people having no transfer ID, or their transfer ID is stored on their device, which they can't access, or they WROTE DOWN their transfer ID, then couldn't read it.

---

Rooted Android and non-rooted iOS < ~8.4 can back up the savedata.bin file, which holds your account info. Non-rooted Android can back it up, but may require root to load it.

For iOS < ~8.4, you can use a tool like iFunBox to browse the app's stored files from your computer.

For iOS ~8.4+, Apple disabled app data browsing. Anything you see that tells you otherwise is probably a virus.

Set up your transfer ID even if you do the savedata.bin backup. Due to the above caveats, it's easier to use a transfer code than to load savedata.bin.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Thanks for the refresher, Raiji. I had totally forgotten this!

3. Lightwalker

Lightwalker Well-Known Member

I've had this problem a few times over the year

4. Tsrintox

Tsrintox Active Member

Could've lost my PoT clear/ few rare otomo main account, only lost my powerful coop alt account. Make sure that you do this every single time before doing anything else.

5. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

If you want to take an extra step of precaution, your account file is located in (for Android) data/data/com.mistwalkercorp.guardians/files/savedata.bin. Not sure of the path for iOS, but the subfolder should be similar. Back this file up and you can restore from scratch, and even have access to your account from other devices.

6. swl

swl Member

CMIIW, the data path only can be access if you have rooted device.

7. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

That's right. There are non-root ways to back up the entire app, however. That would encompass your account file, just with extra baggage.

8. Devin F

Devin F Member

My device is rooted, so can I simply go into the files to backup the save data, or do I need to download something special?

9. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Rooted Android and non-rooted iOS < 9 can back up the savedata.bin file, which holds your account info. Non-rooted Android can back it up, but may require root to load it.

For iOS < 9, you can use a tool like iFunBox to browse the app's stored files from your computer.

For iOS 9+, Apple disabled app data browsing. Anything you see that tells you otherwise is probably a virus.

(Adding this to the opening post.)

Rydia likes this.
  10. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

another option for rooted android users is titanium backup. I choose to have my transfer data saved somewhere like e-mail and rely primarily on titanium for switching accounts.

11. TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe Member

So I backed up my account, got the info, then deleted the game because I needed the space. It was a little over a year ago. I dl the game to my new tablet today and to my woe the transfer info didn't work. I hopped on the mistwalker site and sent a email requesting help. So what do you think my chances are of recovering my game? I had a decent lineup, I don't want to start again.

Thx board
    If there's a better spot to post about this please let me know

12. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Well, you already did the deed so there's nothing else to do but wait for MW's reply. If they can't get your account back then you'll just have to start a new game. The good thing is that a lot has changed since then and you might be better off re-rolling for a Z class character now than sticking with whatever team you had before.

13. TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe Member

Z CLASS! Consider my mind blown. I had a giaga, Samantha and olbler plus a decent amount of s class. I had spent some money, probably 40$ or so. Not much really, but I can't justify spending it again. Not to mention the time spent leveling. Olbler was my first, I think he was maxed. Anyway fingers crossed.

14. Caraquena

Caraquena Active Member

Yeah, both Samatha and Olber can be recoded into Z class and are considered 2 of the top units in the game so you want that account back if at all possible.

15. TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe Member

Son of a B, I really hope mistwalker can help me out! I wonder if anyone else has had success with things like this and MW.

16. supergaijin

The good news is that since you spent money, it's easier to recover your account through your purchase history :D

17. TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe Member

Indeed. Mistwalker support just responded to my email, the purchase receipts were what they ask for. Props to MW for getting back to me so fast on a weekend. The email looked like it was written by a person even. Fingers crossed. Also taking a trip through my purchase history was an eye opener, yea I have more like 80 bucks in this game than the 40 I remembered.

18. supergaijin

Only addicts spend more than they think on the stuff they love :troll:

Great to hear they got back to you so fast. Hopefully you'll just miss a couple more days before you can get back in again :D

19. TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe Member

Mistwalker got me up and running again! 5 mins of playing and holy balls alot has changed. On to other parts of the forum to figure out wth I've missed out on over the last year.

20. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

This is somewhat true ... actually Apple lets the developer decide if they want the users to browse the app data folder. So Mistwalker decided to make that data private. The onus is on them not Apple strictly speaking. That being said, most developers keep their game data private to minimize data mining and hacks. So app data browsing is possible but only if the developers allows for it.

In any case, as you mentioned, if you have 8.4 iOS or higher you are unable to manually back the savedata.bin file.