PVP Cheaters Consolidated (Tips against them)

Discussion in 'General' started by Elelyon, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

If there's another thread about this, please let me know. I'll try to consolidate them.

EDIT: Win/Win Counter confirmed by @Dreydus and @Jeba

My hope is that by giving attention to this matter, MW will address these issues and close any gaps in their code to fix these issues/cheats. (Am I being too optimistic?)

Rules: If you want another cheater's name added to this list, please do the following:
    - SS (screenshot) of you getting the victory/timed out loss / invalid / etc.
    - SS of the assumed cheater's profile and your profile to show the match results. Timestamp must match (this can only be done if the cheater is close to your rankings or someone is close to them for them to view the profile). Part of the reason why many cheaters that use Win/Win especially are missed is because we cannot pull their profile. This part is not needed if simply reporting someone who invalids.

In order to be fair, I'll only add to this list if 2 or more people have done the above for the same person. Below's inaugural list is an exception since it's been proven by many forum members via chat. For Invalidators (INV), will need more than 2 reports since invalids happen once in a while to everyone (E.g., data inconsistencies)

List of known PVP cheaters:
    Format: Name – 5 letter code – Abbr. of known methods of cheating
    Eltani – ANVVF – WW, TO
    Francois – YNGGM – WW, TO
    DrMariokart – EXUFI – WW, TO
    He-kun boy – OKHEO – WW, TO, INV (Confirmed by @yeezus and @tbowlo)
    ぐあっじ – TUVIM – I/W (Confirmed by @Jeba and @limitbereaker with screenshots of others)
    ChanKaHou – (EYBRI) – I/W (Confirmed by @andr3174 and @yeezus)
    << mint >> – RVWGD – I/W and W/I (Confirmed by @tbowlo and @andr3174)

In below explanations YOU / YOUR refers to the non-cheater, THEY / THEM refer to the cheater.

Methods of cheating from mild to severe:
    INV = Mild form of cheating, where THEY purposely disconnect from game before the end of P1's turn 3. This gives THEM a loss, but denies YOU a win with an invalid.

Counter: YOU can play some turns to purposely delay the game if you can afford it (ie do not attack / kill THEM too fast)

TO = Timed out loss. This happens when (current theory) THEY purposely slow down their play animation so that after YOU have finished animation, THEY are still playing animations. The game for YOU goes into a wait mode to reconnect to THEM. If this wait is too long, YOU get a "Connection Timed Out" message and get a loss. Then THEY finish animation and if it is after P1's turn 3, will get a win because the game thinks YOU left the game.

Counter: YOU can limit your drag time + # of pincers + animations (DPA) so that it is not too long. The (current theory) is that they can slow it down by a percentage. So e.g., if YOU take 5 seconds, THEY take 10 seconds, a difference or WAIT time of 5 seconds. If YOUR DPA is 15 seconds, THEY take 30 seconds, a wait time of 15 seconds. The shorter the WAIT time, the higher the chances are that YOU won't get timed out.

WW = Win/Win. This happens when even though YOU may win a match legitimately and get the win for it, if you check THEIR history, it will show that THEY also got a win. The (current) theory is that THEY are somehow manipulating what THEIR game sends to MW servers to say that THEY won. (Not fully proven): Winning by "decision" when all turns have ended seem to NEGATE this cheat. I.e., Elelyon previously was able to give Francois / Eltani losses, then he KOed Francois and noticed he [Francois] had a win.

Counter: Try to give them a DRAW or win by "decision" (ie have more units than them after all turns have ended). This is potentially a blind spot in the cheat / separate code. (If anyone else can support this theory by winning/draw by decision vs cheaters, please also post!)

I/W = Invalid / Win. New method of cheating. Seems like they are able to give YOU an invalid but they still get a win. If anyone has more information on what shows up on your side when this happens. Please post or PM me.

Counter: Nothing known. My suggestion is to try to give them a DRAW / win by decision and see if that works.

W/I = Win / Invalid. Possibly related to I/W, seems they take an invalid even though YOU got a win normally.

Counter: No known counter. Please try to win by decision against one of the cheaters that use this cheat above.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining these Elelyon. I also know someone who always finishes no 1 in PvP. Must be cheater too :troll:

Well I guess I can try to beat eltani now :D

3. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    People have already tried reporting before. Expect nothing. Whether MW will fix these "exploits/cheats" (" added for emphasis) is up to them.

(Posting comment to see how this goes. :troll: )

4. Technique

Technique Member

I'd like to nominate "Kurup," "Bai," and "Nicoco". I have a droid turbo 2, these phones are the most complicated devices to take screenshots with. I'm sure some others have ran into these invalidaters.

5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

He-kun boy (OKHEO) pulled a connection time out on me as confirmed with the attached screenshots.

Freddy (YAFBE) also did a connection time out on me (you can see the loss in the same screenshot of my profile), but I can't find him in the rankings, so no corresponding screenshot of his profile to confirm.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Tziouv

Tziouv Well-Known Member

Let's see how long it takes for people to flood this topic with legit invalids and other issues that are on their end and it ends up being a testament to why no game company gives a damn about such topics, ever.

7. Christian

Christian Active Member

invalid is never fix by MW...thats the easy one.

8. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

eltani is no longer in top 50 and he had about 13k points few hours ago so no way he droped ranks under 92(as far i can see rigth now) may it be that he got banned?

Elelyon likes this.
  9. Dreydus

Dreydus Active Member

I just tried the win/win counter against Francois and it worked. Will try to use it more often to see if it keeps working.

I killed his team except 2 units and then just stalled. made a 0.5-second dead turn on last turn (I was player 2, so that was the last move of the game).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Aldream, Sassmaster9001 and Elelyon like this.
  10. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

First time ever gave a loss to Francois :smug: TY @Elelyon

Elelyon likes this.
  11. Dreydus

Dreydus Active Member

now they wont ban him because his profile has losses and looks totally legit xD

12. tbowlo

tbowlo Member

Hey Elelyon,

Thanks for the thread. I played against a guy name Riuyi and he basically TO Win/Loss by turn 3 each time. I have the screenshot of his info here but didnt know to screenshot when it happened. If someone can take a look at his record that would be great.[​IMG]

13. Tziouv

Tziouv Well-Known Member

14. Ant.

Ant. Member

Lmfao.....this made my day.

15. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

LOL

16. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Looks like He-kun boy has 3 strikes: he's able to do invalid/win and also TO and Win/Win
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Aldream and yeezus like this.
  17. Aldream

Aldream New Member

Hey, that's me! :D

He-kun boy is playing really weird actually, moving his chars real slow and making strange decisions. At one point I was wondering if he was a bot...
    This screenshot makes me also notice that I got a lot of "Invalid" with Lowかきん. Bad connection maybe - I'll pay more attention next time.

18. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Just a thought, but would removing point reduction on losses fix most problems ?

Seems like the main reason why people are crashing games on purpose.

19. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

cheaters would still do it so you dont get points if they lose

20. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

I can see one or two trolls doing this, but if they lose nothing with losses I doubt most cheaters would bother with it.

Well all I know is that it would make it less frustrating to lose overall.