[Rule] How to create referral code advertisement threads

Discussion in 'Co-Op Mode & Friend Finder' started by Kivanc, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Hey everyone,

From now on, I decided to permit three kinds of referral code advertisement threads.
    1. Referral code swap, complete. Only create such a thread if you haven't redeemed somebody else's referral code and you will be able reciprocate to the person who is redeeming your code. Ensure that you have completed chapter 3 to create such threads.
    2. Referral code swap, incomplete. Only create such a thread if you haven't redeemed somebody else's referral code and you will be able reciprocate to the person who is redeeming your code.This is for accounts that have not completed chapter 3, yet (so that the bonus will be later)
    3. Referral code advertisement: Create these threads to get additional referrals WITHOUT giving a referral back.
    Anyone who creates a thread about referral codes must use one of the following templates to clearly indicate the type of the referral code advertisement and the intent.

Referral code swap, complete
    Title
    : Referral code swap, complete: <referral code id>
    Content: I will be exchanging referral codes with the first person who redeems my referral code: <referral code id>. My account has completed Chapter 3. The redeeming account needs to complete chapter 3.
    --- Once a person claims this code, that person and/or the thread owner should asap post another message, saying that the transaction is completed and code referral is reciprocated.
    --- Once both parties confirm energy presents, let a mod know and the thread will be deleted.

Referral code swap, incomplete

Title
    : Referral code swap, incomplete: <referral code id>
    Content: I will be exchanging referral codes with the first person who redeems my referral code: <referral code id>. My account has not completed Chapter 3. However, I will complete Chapter 3, asap.
    --- Once a person claims this code, that person and/or the thread owner should asap post another message, saying that the transaction is completed.
    --- The owner of the thread should asap clear Chapter 3 to reciprocate the referral.
    --- Once both parties confirm energy presents, let a mod know and the thread will be deleted.

Referral code advertisement
    Title
    : Referral code advertisement: <referral code id>
    Content: I have already used another referral code. I will NOT be able to redeem your code. However, if you don't mind helping me, my referral code is: <referral code id>. Note that if you choose to use my code, you will NOT be able to do a swap in the future.
    Empty space: <number of people that can refer you>
    --- The thread owner must update the post regularly to indicate the number of remaining people that can refer him/her.
    --- Once there is no space, let a mod know and the thread will be deleted.

Additional Rules
    1. A person can create multiple threads (for multiple accounts, or for multiple purposes)
    2. Any threads that advertise referral codes that does not fit into these formats will be immediately deleted. First time, verbal warning. Second time, real warning. Keep doing and I WILL ban you.
    3. Mention of referral codes outside this format is strictly forbidden. I decided that this is the only way to inform, especially new players about how referral codes work. Forbidden areas include the forum chat window and signatures as well. Clearly, we won't be able to moderate these all the time, but we rely on other people to report inappropriate actions. If you are reporting a signature or chat violation, please take a screenshot. Again, first violation, verbal warning. Second violation, real warning. Keep doing it and I WILL ban you.
    I will be deleting ALL existing threads that advertise referral codes. I might miss some posts/threads. Please let me know if that is the case.

Thanks for understanding, happy co-oping!

Hyourinmaru likes this.
  2. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Okay, I have deleted more than half of the existing threads and cleaned up the section as much as I can. Again, if you guys notice a violation, let us know.

Thanks!

Hyourinmaru likes this.
  3. Charpang

Charpang New Member

I respect this idea. Thanks for this Kivanc.

Kivanc likes this.
  4. Umowoïs

Umowoïs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I think referral code advertisement threads should be completed with some
    usefull general informations, because the app is quite misleading (sorry for my english ; you can change formulations) :

General warnings about referral codes

Referral codes has nothing to do with coop. Referral codes has nothing to do with a friends list. Once you redeemed a referral code, excepted for the energy present, nothing else happend. Once someone else redeemed your referral code, excepted for the energy present, nothing else happend.

When you redeem a referral code, you receive 5 energies. On one account you can redeem only one referral code.

When someone redeem your referral code AND reach the Chapter 4 your will receive 5 energies for the 1st, 5th and 10th and 1 energy for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. If someone else uses your referral code, they get their energy immediately, but they need to get to Chapter 4 before you can get your energy. However, they still count on your referrals and you can have at most 10 referrals. By making public your referral code, there is a risk that someone use it and never reach the Chapter 4 : you will then loose a potential energy bonus.

Dominic Despinosse and G Malo like this.
  5. Dead Tamagotchi

Dead Tamagotchi Member

Yes, regrettably MW does not clearly inform sender of RC what the receiver must do and also puts on sender the burden that should better belong to receiver (and would also make rerolling harder).

G Malo likes this.