[S/L problem] Failed to do S/L randomly

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by jiang zhaohua, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

Hello , Any one meet S/L failure problem after updating to 4.4?

I meet several times when running Mutho HW, following are the problem description.

• Environment for the issue:

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1.1, Terra Battle 4.4.0​

• Re-produce steps:

1) start Mutoh HM

2) Wrong actions or RNG, then it is impossible to defeat her in current run

3) At least 3 units are still alive

4) close the game in task manager

5) re-open the game, but, the game goes to HOME screen, there is no CONTINUE button....​

The issue occurred at a high probability, especially when I do the second S/L.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Alens

Alens New Member

I had the same problem in Shin'en! I actually could S/L a lot, but then it directly loaded to the 'what's new' screen. At first I thought I had thoughtlessly hit the 'no' continue button, but then it happened to me again after a few more runs.

Btw I'm on Android.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

I want to revert game version back to 4.3.....OMG.....:arghh:

4. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that they're taking this long to address it. S/L is such a blatant loophole abuse that reduces the risk of losing to almost nothing (though I'm also guilty of using it).

5. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

• That's right, I also fully agree that MW could remove/refine that "resume from forcely close" function in future, but before that day and currently, they shall not give us inconsistent user experience, like something works sometime and then it's broken suddenly.
    • Meanwhile, I think that feature is hard to be removed totally, as in some long quests, for example, 20-1, or TLS, most of us may not be able to finish the quest quickly, we are so easy to be interrupted to do other things, such as Phone call, take picture, search WEB, etc, and the OS (especially device with small memory) may close the backgroud TB app for memory optimization. So, this feature may be required even in normal (non-guilty) user scenario.
    • I think limit the maximum resume count one day, or just like the stamina system, resume count increases after specific time elapsed may be a compromised solution.

6. freelame

freelame Active Member

It's phone like you said, it can be used for so many other things. The other day I was on airport passport check, there was a line and I started Lucia4, my turn came, I just lock my Iphone5, unlocked it right after the passport check and Terra Battle was already closed. (40 stamina wasted):troll:
    S/L needs to stay the way it is. Sometimes I also loose my progress and instead of continuing go straight to title screen, maybe it's internet issue, not connecting to server or something. :(

7. TrueShadow

Makes sense. One way to do it is to actually resume the battle, not restart the floor. That resume count per day is also quite reasonable IMO (although make it 5 or so. 1 is too harsh)

vicenturi likes this.
  8. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

It seems that S/L has limitation from 4.4.0:
    • A quest with stamina less than 40 could only be S/L once, try S/L the quest 2nd time will lead to what's new screen
    • A 40 stamina quest cloud be S/L twice, try S/L the quest 3rd time will lead to what's new screen.
    Above is just my personal supposition, may not be true.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  9. TrueShadow

I S/L'd about 5 times in Vengeful Heart before it fails, so probably not that.

10. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

S/L in different floor? or all five S/L are for the same floor?

I'm guessing the limitation may be placed on each floor of one battle, if go to another floor, the limitation is reset.

11. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I S/Led twice in Lich Kino 3 trying to get a metal runner with no problem, so it's definitely something else.

12. pedrobotella

pedrobotella Member

Do you guys pause the game before S/Ling? I used to have the same problem and not at all after I started pausing

13. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

Of cause, I always do S/L in a new turn, click the "pause" button on top right, then close the App.
    But, even with those steps, S/L still failed when I did the 2nd or 3rd S/L on the same battle.

Which quest/battle are you doing S/L? and Have you tried S/L three or more times for the same battle?

14. pedrobotella

pedrobotella Member

I S/Ld quite a lot while farming Shinen and didn't have any problem. Also S/ld a couple of times on lich kino/8-bit golem and no problem either.

android user

15. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

What? Are u updated to 4.4?

I'll try Mutoh on android later.

16. pedrobotella

pedrobotella Member

I'm doing PDK now and got trashed 2 times. Both times, no matter how fast i S/Ld, got directly to the whats new screen. My guess is it has something to do with the levels that won't let you continue after losing

17. Alens

Alens New Member

There's been an update and since then i haven't experienced the s/l failure, but i haven't barely tried it.
    Do you know if it has been "fix"? What's your experience after the update?

18. Vicioustein

Vicioustein Active Member

No issue with S/L from my side until now, but cannot confirm it yet.

19. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Tried reinstalling before the last update. Didn't work.
    I updated the app. Didn't work.

100 stamina lost on Shin'en and 30 on VH. I hope they fix this soon, it's really annoying.

20. Djoss

Djoss Active Member

People have to keep in mind that S/L is not a "feature" that we should be granted with. If MW wanted to reduce its use or remove it, we'd have nothing to say about it...
    We may say "yeah but it comes in handy when I don't have time to finish an event before taking the subway or going to work" but let's face it, it's not what we use it for.