[S/L problem] Failed to do S/L randomly

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by jiang zhaohua, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vicioustein

Vicioustein Active Member

If MW are planning to remove S/L, believes me, many players would leave the board.

2. Djoss

Djoss Active Member

I'm aware of that, and I don't know what they are planning to do, but S/L could be limited to a certain amount of time per day. People would rant, but would still play.

3. lynx

lynx Active Member

I personally don't think MW have changed anything regarding S/L. If they were, the issue would be consistent for every players.
    I have always been able to resume Vengeful Heart many times after force closing the app.

My experience, however, does not mean I disregard issues other people have with S/L, I just feel like it may have caused by something else.

Like, for example, on my computer I used to have problem with randomly corrupted zip archives which took me awhile to figured out that they were caused by bad memory modules, not anything software-related like OS updates or virus which I initially suspected them to be the causes.

Also, I do not think MW would ever remove resuming capability from the game.
    After all, Terra Battle is just an app for a smart phone. Smart phone apps, imo, are expected to be interrupted at anytime, either by its core functions (call, text), hardware-related failure (battery ran-out), other apps (game removed from background memory by RAM-cleaner app) or user interaction (reboot due to system updates).
    Thus, mobile apps are expected to be able to resume its functionality after interruption.

It would be unprofessional of them if MW were to adjusted the app to go against the nature of mobile platforms they launched their product on.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    freelame likes this.
  4. jiang zhaohua

jiang zhaohua Member

From my recent runs, I think S/L is treated differently for different quests.

1) Muthoh HM and Shin'en HM, can only S/L once, will fail to do S/L and go to what's new screen in the 2nd S/L.

I've runn Mutho HM for about 30 times after 4.4.0, and the 2nd S/L fail certainly.

I think there are only one S/L opportunity for Mutoh HM and Shin'en HM.

Please fix me if anyone has different S/L result on those two quests.

2) BLO: I run few on BLO, I failed once when doing 3rd S/L in Leviathan ^ .

I think BLO shall have at least two S/L opportunity.

3) Vengeful Heart: I only do S/L many times as my AOE dmamage kill Mask man in floor 3 and 4.....and and doesn't meet S/L failure.

4) PDK, IDK, RDK

No data.

5. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Except that as a mobile game it should have that feature. Sure we use it for gaming certain battles and events, but that's due to a design choice on MW's side. There are many games that save your exact status and don't let you start a battle, chapter, stage, whatever all over again, but TB is different in it's design. If MW removed that feature this would very much turn into a 10 minute game each time you played and most people would be turned off by that. Can you imagine if you were at ch. 20 with lv 50 characters and you had to set aside 20-30 minutes just to have time to clear it and a single phone call causes you to start all over? A handful of players using it to their advantage doesn't warrant MW alienating a large portion of the player base.

Terra-Em and yeezus like this.
  6. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

This would probably be the best fix for S/L instead of removing it. A perfect save state.
    It would remove "exploit" that probably wasn't intended from start.

7. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

No, the best fix would be a "Restart battle" button in the pause menu :troll:

wes likes this.
  8. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

We are abusing S/L but on the other hand I think it's fair because of the platform and control mechanics. With touchscreens there's so many ways to make accidental movements and the control mechanics are not forgiving in the least if you do, especially since all movement is timed and you only get one shot to attempt a specific setup. One dumb fault(I have a problem where I guess my finger doesn't make contact with the screen very well sometimes and it fails to detect mid drag and of course the game thinks I've lifted my finger when I haven't lifted it at all) and you could basically game over and easily lose almost 14% of a days stamina(assuming you even play that much). And this is just the human error side of it, like mentioned if your device decides to be a pain and glitch or another app interrupts and ends up reseting TB then that could also end up costing you dearly through no fault of your own.

To stay on topic though, I can confirm (for myself but it should apply to everyone) that the S/L problems in VH only occur on certain stages where killing certain units can lead to a game over(depending on the path). As soon as the game registers the death of the character then no matter if you s/l you're still predetermined to gameover anyway, therfore it doesn't even attempt to resume from the last save. The only way to circumvent this is to s/l before the game registers the death, so during the pincer before that unit is actually killed or if you get lucky enough as the unit is disappearing (only Urai and masked man, the familiar and Clara don't have that longer death sequence).

Although there have been times I randomly failed to s/l during MZ and running levels but those are far and few in between.